Kendrick Lamar doing the SuperBowl Halftime show

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan

Is Kendrick well known enough to the casual (i.e. white) music fan? I'm trying to think about his top 10 songs in terms of mainstream play - seems like fewer than other hip hop artists that have done the show. Or maybe I am just getting old

I would think Wayne would be a better known performer for NOLA

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody gets an entire Super Bowl Halftime performance based on ONE hit song. Thats absurd

If he was a new artist who just dropped this one song, of course not. But yes, this year Kendrick beefed with the biggest rapper and won and dropped the biggest song of the summer. Not Like Us is both of those. Without that, Kendrick doesn't headline the Super Bowl by himself

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
And if we really keeping it 500 why didn’t Kenny decline as the SB since it’s in NO and they didn’t even ask NO’s biggest artist Lil Wayne to headline? Optics…

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

Cue that duck gif

6a7cd9de11613bf1e8eca848251f5cd1

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats all Roc Nation.

Hov was running plays against Drake back in 2017: How Jay-Z Helped Kendrick Lamar Get the Best of Drake

Look man, people hear these songs before they come out and Hov is the big dog. This is before Kanye and Hov fell out or rather Kanye went crazy.

If you had to draw a network map of all the interested parties…it’s not fukking Birdman doing this. It’s not Yo Gotti. It’s not Khaled. It’s not Rick Ross. Its not even Diddy.

Hov is the key factor in all of this.

Hov was mad drake didn’t support Tidal and went with Apple Music too.

Did yall even peep how Jack Dorsey was backing Kendrick against Drake? And Jack Dorsey is plugged heavy with Hov?

Pusha went at Drake in 2018 with the intention of exposing Drake hiding his kid and dropping Story of Adidon. According to Drake he got that from Kanye. The rumor is Drake fukked Kim K and Kanye wanted to publicly embarrass Drake after that. Whatever Kanye's motivation, that's who Drake says put the battery in Pusha's back. And Jay and Kanye didn't fukk with each other by all accounts for years before 2018. So Jay may want to send rappers at Drake to hurt his image and keep Jay's GOAT ranking up, but all the facts about the Kanye/Pusha vs Drake beef doesn't point to Jay's involvement.