Kendrick is a GOAT? Give me his top 10 universally known quotables...

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Only. Modern rapper with 4 or 5 classics on him

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I like Kendrick, Lord knows I do... but I think the majority of people who are against him might be because people are really out here saying he is or might be the GOAT. I mean I get younger people saying that because they're literally growing up on Kendrick, but nikka if you 30 plus talking about he's the GOAT then you got some 'splaining to do., I wish he crafted his songs like he did in the Overly Dedicated/Section 80 days... I listen to Kendricks newer songs sometimes and I get lost because the nikka goes on and on and on and on. I know he still has the ability to go back to the basics and I hope he does it soon. I really can't tell you any Kendrick quotables outside of his hooks really. Got to go back and put on Section 80 and Good Kid again.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
If you been a Com fan that long how could you not realize that Com shyts on Kendrick bar for bar breh? :gucci:

I don't think all of it is hate, just many people on here can see through the facade and recognize that while Kendrick is good he's not a GOAT level lyricist that hype beasts and media portray him to be:manny:

Nor was he blessed with the natural voice, delivery, or conviction of a Pac or X to elevate his bars that may appear average on paper. Tho I do like Kendrick's delivery at times

He's a dope ass artist but as a rapper he gets overrated in some aspects. It's why nikkas gotta call out breh when they were sucking him off for that Control verse. Have you ever heard so much discussion about how beast a verse as lyrically average as Kendrick's verse on Control? :patrice:
This.

Common says shyt I couldn’t say.

Kendrick says shyt I wouldn’t say.

Big difference.

@FruitOfTheVale @Cadillac @seveninthechamber @Poitier @bigbadbossup2012

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Okay, you clearly don't like Kendrick. I get it. And you clearly haven't really gave his discography much of a listen to say the stuff you're saying. Kendrick is actually better bar for bar than Common to me because he tells a story just as good as Common, paints pictures with his words as good as Common, creates concepts as good as Common, but is better at multisyllable/flow/wordplay than Common..
Why do y’all act like if only we had heard ONE more song our opinions would change?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
And further proof OPs a clown

If Pirus and Crips all got along
They'd probably gun me down by the end of this song
Seem like the whole city go against me
Every time I'm in the street I hear
"Yawk! Yawk! Yawk! Yawk!"

EVERY Kendrick fan knows the intro to Maad City, foh Kendrick don't have quotables shyt.
Are you white?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I like Kendrick breh. I got into him when Section 80 came out and purchased every album since.

He couldn't shine Common's shoes when it comes to the effectiveness of wordplay

I'll give Kendrick the nod in flow, his flow is way more diverse in respect to Common.

Just off the few bars I posted earlier you can tell that Com is just more witty and efficient with his lyrics than Kendrick on average.
Yup.

A good rapper uses the economy of language in order not to strangle a song.

Kendrick is like the most swag-less guy to rap not named J Cole

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Those are some of his better bars I've seen :ehh: to be clear though punchlines and one liners are not what I mean by sharp, concise or quotable. I mean that sometimes he kind of rambles in his lyrics for a few lines instead of each line getting to the point and/or building on the last line. His Control verse had a lot of that but he typically has at least a handful of filler lines in each verse.
A good rapper doesn't make you hunt for experiences in their music.

He has too much filler in his music.