Kendrick is a GOAT? Give me his top 10 universally known quotables...

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Kendrick is an interesting rapper. I used to be on him heavy but I fell off his music when Damn came out. Just wasn't hitting for me like it did for others.

I always recognize his greatness tho. It's just not for me. Honestly, the Drakes, J Coles, Wales, etc are not on my playlist. It's wild.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kendrick is an interesting rapper. I used to be on him heavy but I fell off his music when Damn came out. Just wasn't hitting for me like it did for others.

I always recognize his greatness tho. It's just not for me. Honestly, the Drakes, J Coles, Wales, etc are not on my playlist. It's wild.

I feel the same way, except I’ve been returning to J Cole discography and mixtapes and Wales albums. Wale just makes smooth soulful black music to me

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
I will say, since 2017, I've come to realize Kendrick is more talented than I gave him credit for in the past. With that being said, he's still overrated overhyped and has no quotables. He's a hybrid of a poet and a MC who was heralded as the best new guy at the dawn of trap/pop rap's takeover. I think the dynamics of the game shifted, along with the sound and he was caught in between the old world and the new world of rap. They put too much high praise and expectation on him and inflated his value in a market his style didn't command. The overinflation of his brand and value continued and those with eyes to see were just annoyed. I don't think he's whack, I just always felt the media and machine overdid it every time with him. His actual music is pretty good, but people saying he's the GOAT is not it. He's going to be considered top 5 if not top of this generation because that's where the machine behind him, demanded everyone's perception of him to be. I'm not taking anything away from his actual works and what he does as an artist. GKMC and TPAB are very good works...

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kendrick has mastered the art of concepts. When the topic is ambiguous he really falls flat and his weaknesses show. I.e. his features post mask off remix

He’s still one of the best of his generation

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
I feel the same way, except I’ve been returning to J Cole discography and mixtapes and Wales albums. Wale just makes smooth soulful black music to me
Wale's production on his tapes are superb. I moved to DC when he was blowing up so I listened to him heavy too.

I actually met J Cole in 09. But I just can't get into his music. Seems like a cool dude tho.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wale's production on his tapes are superb. I moved to DC when he was blowing up so I listened to him heavy too.

I actually met J Cole in 09. But I just can't get into his music. Seems like a cool dude tho.

Same here. Not in DC but I was in Annopolis at the time. Copped attention deficit and the target there still had copies of Joe Budden padded room so I got that too

Cole is a poor man’s Pac. You can relate to his struggle and he’s straight forward but he can’t give you that raw emotion of pain and frustration that Pac can

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kendrick is like like Pac. Not a quotable type rapper, but a rapper making heartfelt songs. How many quotables does Pac have. Does that also mean Pac is not a legend now?
:sas1:
The problem with the comparison is Pac has the most powerful mic presence and one of the greatest rap voices ever, which boosts his delivery x100 fold.

So Kendrick is naturally already at a disadvantage

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kendrick is like like Pac. Not a quotable type rapper, but a rapper making heartfelt songs. How many quotables does Pac have. Does that also mean Pac is not a legend now?
:sas1:

Kendrick is Eminem recovering and Dre without having something to say

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Yeah this topic is weird. I don't know anyone who rates Kendrick for punchlines, or one liners or quotables or whatever, it's about concept building, picture painting, story telling and his ability to make you feel what he's trying to say:

You're not gonna find little one liners in those, just pure picture painting and emotional intelligence.

Last edited:

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Yeah this topic is weird. I don't know anyone who rates Kendrick for punchlines, or one liners or quotables or whatever, it's about concept building, picture painting, story telling and his ability to make you feel what he's trying to say:

You're not gonna find little one liners in those, just pure picture painting and emotional intelligence.

He definitely got quotables, but to make a list your would have to run through his lyrics or listen to an album worth of tracks to gather them.he just be speaking. A lot more then than now. Since he done fell off tho i don't think he should be eligible for goat status. He had a nice run but not anywhere near as long as anyone else in the running.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Asking for quotables from a rapper who is conceptually shyttin on his peers is like asking for the "best scene" in an Oscar tier film.

Completely missing the fukking point of the performance.

shyt is like asking for the "best melody" in an 11 minute long jazz performance.

Again, completely missing the fukking point.

Hip-Hop heads and their focus on "Bars" or "Verses" and not Albums, Concepts or Songs.

And frankly lines like the ones he dropped on his last record mentioning his aunts transexuality or his uncle potentially
being a child molester are great but they don't have enough "Punchlines" or "Word play" (the Hip-Hop equivalent of shoot, bang, explosion").