Kendrick is a GOAT? Give me his top 10 universally known quotables...

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
He definitely got quotables, but to make a list your would have to run through his lyrics or listen to an album worth of tracks to gather them.he just be speaking. A lot more then than now. Since he done fell off tho i don't think he should be eligible for goat status. He had a nice run but not anywhere near as long as anyone else in the running.
Kendrick has definitely had a longer run than Pac and BIG and has a bigger catalogue than both when they were alive.

And he definitely has many quotables but it isn't worth posting them or fishing for them because the people who hate are just gonna fabricate totally subjective reasons as to why they don't measure to *insert mid ass bar that moved their head here*.

People listen to music for totally different reasons, if little one liners and 2 bar metaphors are what you listen to music for you're not gonna rate an artist like Kendrick high because that's clearly not something he puts an effort into doing in his lyrics.

If story telling, high eq, picture painting, concept building and strong melodies are what you're ranking, you're prolly gonna rate Kendrick high.

Last edited:

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
Kendrick is Eminem recovering and Dre without having something to say
This is such an ignorant thing to say, because Kendrick is one of the few rappers that actually has something to say in his albums. How can you say shyt like this man. Have you even listened to TPAB or MM&BS? fukk out of here.

Last edited:

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
Asking for quotables from a rapper who is conceptually shyttin on his peers is like asking for the "best scene" in an Oscar tier film.

Completely missing the fukking point of the performance.

shyt is like asking for the "best melody" in an 11 minute long jazz performance.

Again, completely missing the fukking point.

Hip-Hop heads and their focus on "Bars" or "Verses" and not Albums, Concepts or Songs.

And frankly lines like the ones he dropped on his last record mentioning his aunts transexuality or his uncle potentially
being a child molester are great but they don't have enough "Punchlines" or "Word play" (the Hip-Hop equivalent of shoot, bang, explosion").
/thread

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is such an ignorant thing to say, because Kendrick is one of the rappers that actually has something to say in his albums. How can you say shyt like this man. Have you even listened to TPAB or MM&BS? fukk out if here.

Man if you don’t shut the fukk up with that elitist take… I probably have more posts praising and breaking down k dot than you while actually spending money on his merch and vinyls. You obviously didn’t get what I was saying cause his style is straight up a mix of em after recovery and Dre’s after he said the south had something to say… you get it now?

MM&BS is probably his most flawed album. He took years off and writers block and it sounds like it throughout the album. Trust you really don’t want to dissect TPAB with me. Section 80 and GKKMC are still amazing.

I swear Kendrick Stan’s, especially if you don’t agree with them act like they’re the only ones who listen to rap and understand what he’s saying.

Last edited:

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
Man if you don’t shut the fukk up with that elitist take… I probably have more posts praising and breaking down k dot than you while actually spending money on his merch and vinyls. You obviously didn’t get what I was saying cause his style is straight up a mix of em after recovery and Dre’s after he said the south had something to say… you get it now?

MM&BS is probably his most flawed album. He took years off and writers block and it sounds like it throughout the album. Trust you really don’t want to dissect TPAB with me. Section 80 and GKKMC are still amazing.

I swear Kendrick Stan’s, especially if you don’t agree with them act like they’re the only ones who listen to rap and understand what he’s saying.
Fukk out of here man. Stop saying stupid shyt, than I'll shut the fukk up. "Kendrick is like Dre without something to say". How would you think people would respond to that without giving the context you just did in the post above?

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fukk out of here man. Stop saying stupid shyt, than I'll shut the fukk up. "Kendrick is like Dre without something to say". How would you think people would respond to that without giving the context you just did in the post above?

Look at this man, emotional cause someone has a different opinion.

Get off your knees and take Kendrick dikk off your lips.

Maybe if you would’ve asked what I meant you wouldn’t assume anything. But instead you think you’re the only one that listens to that man. You’re the only one acting high and mighty. You’ll live my guy.

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
Asking for quotables from a rapper who is conceptually shyttin on his peers is like asking for the "best scene" in an Oscar tier film.

:gucci:

You can absolutely have best scenes in Oscar tier films. Every great movie has standout scenes that push the entire film into GOAT status.

This thread is 5 years old and the fact is, he just doesn't have quotables like that. He can still be your GOAT or whatever, but the man doesn't have them like that. To me quotables are moments in time that the collective of hip hop can deliver in unison to signal the impact of a MCs power. Without them, there is something left to be desired when you want to say someone is goated.

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
The problem with the comparison is Pac has the most powerful mic presence and one of the greatest rap voices ever, which boosts his delivery x100 fold.

So Kendrick is naturally already at a disadvantage
That may be the case, but this thread is about quotables though, not mic presence. My point still stands

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
Look at this man, emotional cause someone has a different opinion.

Get off your knees and take Kendrick dikk off your lips.

Maybe if you would’ve asked what I meant you wouldn’t assume anything. But instead you think you’re the only one that listens to that man. You’re the only one acting high and mighty. You’ll live my guy.
Learn to be clear in what you mean from the getgo, than we wouldn't have this problem. You're the one resorting to insults and calling me emotional? Okay do you youngin.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Learn to be clear in what you mean from the getgo, than we wouldn't have this problem. You're the one resorting to insults and calling me emotional? Okay do you youngin.

Folks called me ignorant and stupid then get mad when you’re called a dikk rider lol gotcha

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci:

You can absolutely have best scenes in Oscar tier films. Every great movie has standout scenes that push the entire film into GOAT status.

This thread is 5 years old and the fact is, he just doesn't have quotables like that. He can still be your GOAT or whatever, but the man doesn't have them like that. To me quotables are moments in time that the collective of hip hop can deliver in unison to signal the impact of a MCs power. Without them, there is something left to be desired when you want to say someone is goated.
1. Oscar tier films DO NOT have a focus on "singular scenes". They build upon everything to deliver in specific instances, much like Kendrick Lamar's writing.
Bars have purpose that serve the overall theme and narrative of the song. This is very different from Action Films or Superhero Flicks where the spectacle is in the scene itself but everything else ancillary to it is largely inconsequential.

Kendrick lamar is not necessarily a "Slim with a tilted brim, I am him" or "Flier/Flyer than a piece of paper bearing my name" type emcee.
He does have slick lines though :yeshrug: they're just not of the "LOOK ! WORD PLAY GUYS !! LOOK A PUNCHLINE GUYS!!" variety.
He doesn't get his due from pseudo-lyric fans because it's not actually about lyricism or writing, it's about the artist utilizing a specific technique
as a way to point to their supposed genius.

shyt is like focusing on sweep picking and saying some random IG guitarist is better than B.B. King or Alfred King because they can sweep pick :pachaha:
Things like Phrasing or building on Motifs or aligning the music with the lyrical theme don't matter because "LOOK Y'ALL !! SWEEP PICKING !!"

Hip-Hop is STUCK on that shyt OFTEN.

2. Quotables matter but TO ME they are small change in the face of creating whole albums. They are examples of WIT and SKILL but I don't look at Snoop or Jay-Z or even Nas as just cats who deliver a quotable here and there instead I look at them as people who craft albums with a specific sound and sonic slant which separates them from their peers.

I normally don't go the "Elitist" route but this is some legit Martin Scorsese knowing the difference between Cinema and whatever the fukk Disney trots out every quarter type shyt.

Last edited: