Kendrick has no classic albums. And thats ok. Just stop lying to yourselves though.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You Got to forgive these nikkas, c00ns, CAC's.....If you give these nikkas Stevie Wonder albums from his Genius Years and have them to sit down and listen to those albums these Western Minded nikkas brains will literally bust
Yeah. I'm the c00n here.

Are you serious? :heh:

I mean I've already tolerated dudes thinking Kendrick "goes over my head"

Dude I grew up on Jay Z. Relax.

Kendrick can't come up with an double entendre to save his life. I mean for fukks sake, JEEZY has done that

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh I'm trying to make an argument that doesn't rely on sales.

Kendrick makes music people think should indicate quality.

Except you're shamed for liking drake or wale or Sean etc.

Kendrick doesn't live up the accolades. Not to mention, MOST of it is crafted support by the industry.

Chance the Rapper is gonna get Kendrick up outta here. Chance is a better artist AND rapper. Better on features. Dude is a legitimately commercially safer artist and he's infinitely more creative than just rapping fast, dense, and ultimately vapid lyrics over generic funk and jazz content.

Kendrick talks about the black male plight and you lose your shyt. And that's only cause white media approves of his packaging. He's hood but not gangster. He's black but he's not militant.

I get it.

But chance got him boxed in. And what's better is that chance is actually better than Kendrick. And we all know it. He people actually like chance too. They're not forced to listen to his shyt under the guise of "this is quality".
I feel you, as an artist Chance is hugely talented, I don't think he's a better lyricist then Kendrick tho and I don't see him getting him out of here either, but I remember when people used to praise Kendrick the way they do Chance now.

I do agree chance's features are better tho, at least these days anyway I hate Kendrick on these cheesy poppy hits.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I already checked you earlier about producers on TPAB and the artist that you claimed you knew about and named Jazz albums from 2016 and I seen you ran from that.

The Those artist latest albums you listed are nothing even in the direction, musically, artistically of TPAB....

Lupe Fiasco Album Tetsu Youth is Socially Answer to Kendrick TPAB like Sly Stone It's A Riot Goes On Answer to Marvin Gaye What's Going On

Other than that you know shyt about music you claimed, pull your panties back up you showin yourself
Bruh you won't win this by prentending to sound like Questlove with the Sly stone mention. :rudy:

I see through that pretentious bullshyt :francis:

Make your own argument stand on its own merits.

You're struggling out here because I'm peeling back on the facade.

Kendrick doesn't speak to that part of the brain that grabs you and you can't explain why you like it.

Y'all are the type to shyt on Gucci but wanna ignore Talib did track with Gucci.

There's real artists who understand what they're doing and there's posers.

Kendrick is still trying to figure out what he wants to say because he's a label creation. Dude has no real creative control. It tells. That's why it sounds like a high schooler getting help with his homework.

Last edited:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Is the debate popularity or classicism? You're completely missing the point.
Goes hand in hand
We can't big up popular culture statistics and at the same time dismiss popularity. WHICH ONE IS IT?

I responded to:

So TPAB:

-the consensus AOTY according to the critics, its also #1 on 90% of the end year lists.
Best of 2015: Music Critic Top Ten Lists
-the highest rated hip hop album of all time on Metacritic.
-the reason kendrick has the most nominations in one night at the grammy (since Michael Jackson in 84).
-has 2 songs being played in protests, one of them is named the new black anthem.
-being taught at some universities.
-had a scholarship in its name.
-influenced some goat artists like David Bowie, Prince and Chuck D, all in the same year.
-the highest rated album of the decade in any genre on multiple platforms like RYM that only take people's rankings into account.

-had RollingStone Magazine calling Sway in the morning to say TPAB better be #1 on every end year list because it's the most ambitious album of the year, musically.
-is probably one of the most respected rap album by modern jazz musicians.
-contains Barack Obama's favorite song of the year.

We can't have stats that are pretty much based off how popular it is to certain people then act as if popularity isnt a factor. Also we can't downplay popularity when we're discussing artists that are being marketed with intent to be popular and sell records,streaming etc.

So like I was saying if it has all these stats amongst the entities listed but it means nothing to black youth as a collective,what does it mean? He has CAC props? Whom exactly is it classic to? Because to hiphop fans IN THE STREET it's clealry NOT. TO nikkas up in the club it's NOT.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
These songs will symbolize the time frame they were out
Singles from Take Care
  1. "Marvins Room"
    Released: June 28, 2011
  2. "Headlines"
    Released: August 9, 2011
  3. "Make Me Proud"
    Released: October 16, 2011
  4. "The Motto"
    Released: November 29, 2011
  5. "Take Care"
    Released: February 21, 2012
  6. "HYFR (Hell Ya fukking Right)"
    Released: April 24, 2012
  7. "Crew Love"
    Released: July 30, 2012
  8. "Lord Knows"
    Released: October 1, 2012
KENDRICK WILL NEVER HAVE THAT TYPE OF RUN ON ANY ALBUM
FACTS!!!

Swimming Pools was one of the worst non-J Cole singles I've heard in the modern era.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Dudes really thought "I" was gonna win by sampling the Isley Brothers? :heh: :francis:

That's why Chance is fukking winning :whew: :ufdup:

It's real emotion.

Same reason "Freedom" failed with Beyoncé. BEYONCÉ. That corny bullshyt is for end of the year compilations on sportscenter.

Kendrick will be fine if y'all stop giving him golf handicaps.

You can't find anyone to EVER play a Kendrick song when you're at ANY social event. I don't mean clubs or parties. I mean even kick backs, soirees, lounges, quiet storm mixes. NOTHING.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I feel you, as an artist Chance is hugely talented, I don't think he's a better lyricist then Kendrick tho and I don't see him getting him out of here either, but I remember when people used to praise Kendrick the way they do Chance now.

I do agree chance's features are better tho, at least these days anyway I hate Kendrick on these cheesy poppy hits.
The fact that Kendrick keeps getting AND FAILING on these features shows that the industry keeps setting this dude up.

I mean...I'm gonna use drake here, but fukk it.

Drake does NOT lose any opportunities. He. Kills. Those. shyts.

Nor does his contemporaries

I mean I realized Kendrick wasn't that nice on Schoolboy Q's second album. He's not even the nicest on TDE. Jay Rock is nicer than he is tol.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Every time you post this argument you get schooled on your flawed logic that views, singles and numbers equal quality. Not that Take Care didn't do extremely well in that sense.
This particular post had nothing to do with numbers.
It was me saying these songs are a soundtrack to that time frame,more so than anything kendrick had to offer

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
goal post moving with the quickness, dude had to bring up fukking chance out of no where after everyone disagreed with the thread :mjlol:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
kendricks albums at best are nothing more than glorified good albums, thanks to that Interscope/aftermath hype were forced to have it shuved down our throat that he has back to back classics, when in actuality he doesnt have one just like the rest of his generation.

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
nikkas out here stanning this Jewish culture vulture who doesn't even write his rhymes. Basically a glorified pop star with a huge machine behind him.

Kendrick's music is timeless and will be talked about 20 years from now. Drake's a clone who will be made again. Kendrick is a one of a kind artist.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Dudes really thought "I" was gonna win by sampling the Isley Brothers? :heh: :francis:

That's why Chance is fukking winning :whew: :ufdup:

It's real emotion.

Same reason "Freedom" failed with Beyoncé. BEYONCÉ. That corny bullshyt is for end of the year compilations on sportscenter.

Kendrick will be fine if y'all stop giving him golf handicaps.

You can't find anyone to EVER play a Kendrick song when you're at ANY social event. I don't mean clubs or parties. I mean even kick backs, soirees, lounges, quiet storm mixes. NOTHING.
So when these weirdos say he has classics,i'm thinking to WHO?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
nikkas out here stanning this Jewish culture vulture who doesn't even write his rhymes. Basically a glorified pop star with a huge machine behind him.

Kendrick's music is timeless and will be talked about 20 years from now. Drake's a clone who will be made again. Kendrick is a one of a kind artist.
Drake has written songs for himself and others. And sometimes gets help. I mean dude gave out a writing credit. That's not a ghostwriter.