Kendrick goes Double Platinum worldwide faster than Drake's views.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
He deserves it. When its all said and done Kendrick will go down as one of the great Soul Artists of all Time. He will be up there with Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, 2Pac, Sam Cooke. He damn near mastered the craft on "Damn". Its hard to fathom Kendrick ever Surpassing that album. Song writing, Lyricism, Medodies, Hooks, Production - everything was top notch on "Damn". :obama:

It's gonna have some crazy legs. After loyalty, they still have element, love and yah to push as singles. I would have pushed love instead of loyalty but rihanna.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Top 2 and he not 2?

"They want me gone, out of the picture
Bury me now and I only get bigger..."

They keep checking for his latest and critiquing in hopes of the fall-off, but the discussion generated only keeps him relevant.

It's kind of like how people say that LeBron will never be Jordan and that all discussions should be null & void since Jordan never lost in the Finals...

...but with every Finals that LeBron goes to, the discussion & comparison starts all over again.

Meanwhile, Kendrick is getting the Kobe treatment. A lot of hip-hop fans seem to love comparing what they hate against what they love more than discussing what they love and why they love it on its own.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You're attempting to diminish the sales by bringing up the inflation from hotling bling, but it sold over a million regardless, Fred. That hotling bling argument is worthless, Fred.

Fred.

Stop tryna pit two black men against each other, you devil.

If you don't get the fukk outta my face with this cornball shyt.:gucci:

Drake "sold" an additional 1.2 mill based on old "Hotline Bling" streams. Whatever he sold on top of that is a moot point. It's like saying Donald Trump didn't need his daddies money because he eventually made his own....he still got a boost from it, regardless.

As far as the rest of that fukk shyt you're pushing....Drake stans been in every thread tangentially related to K Dot trying to tear him down since his first album. Literally hundreds of posts in some of those threads. You ain't said shyt about that. Where was the race card when Drake stans called the DA on Meek? You were quiet as a church mouse then, so kindly sit the fukk down.

And the same clowns in every thread talking that cac shyt high school pics look like the cast of "MAD TV".

Mad-TV-cast.jpg

Fred.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
He deserves it. When its all said and done Kendrick will go down as one of the great Soul Artists of all Time. He will be up there with Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, 2Pac, Sam Cooke. He damn near mastered the craft on "Damn". Its hard to fathom Kendrick ever Surpassing that album. Song writing, Lyricism, Medodies, Hooks, Production - everything was top notch on "Damn". :obama:
naw

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You do have to take into account Kendrick has YouTube videos and physical albums

I don't understand why Kendrick can't be celebrated just on his success and not using this to put down Drake

The OP comparison was Views, which had Hotline Bling's streams and youtube views included in total sales and still did less. BTW Hotline Bling has 1 billion plays/views on youtube.

So DAMN has sold better whether Drake did videos (Views) or not (More Life).

• Dap
Reactions: hex

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The OP comparison was Views, which had Hotline Bling's streams and youtube views included in total sales and still did less. BTW Hotline Bling has 1 billion plays/views on youtube.

So DAMN has sold better whether Drake did videos (Views) or not (More Life).
I addressed this earlier but past streams are not added to first week sales

I don't know why y'all think they would be

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I addressed this earlier but past streams are not added to first week sales

I don't know why y'all think they would be

We're talking total album sales not just first week. The OP is specifically about DAMN going 2plat faster than Views (and More Life). So even with the megaton of Hotline Bling, DAMN has sold more than Views. That's huge.

(IIRC Humble was at around what, 20mil views when the album came out? I don't know the algorithm but I'm assuming DAMN's first week would have been higher still even without the youtube/vevo views.)

I'm a stan but I feel I'm pretty fair. Drake is unquestionably bigger than Kendrick and everyone else. But clearly this is Kendrick's year, and he's got the bigger album success for now.

I'm sure Drake gonna come hard next time (for his fans) and sell very well. People laughing about his recent two songs not doing great are underestimating him.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
If you don't get the fukk outta my face with this cornball shyt.:gucci:

Drake "sold" an additional 1.2 mill based on old "Hotline Bling" streams. Whatever he sold on top of that is a moot point. It's like saying Donald Trump didn't need his daddies money because he eventually made his own....he still got a boost from it, regardless.

As far as the rest of that fukk shyt you're pushing....Drake stans been in every thread tangentially related to K Dot trying to tear him down since his first album. Literally hundreds of posts in some of those threads. You ain't said shyt about that. Where was the race card when Drake stans called the DA on Meek? You were quiet as a church mouse then, so kindly sit the fukk down.

And the same clowns in every thread talking that cac shyt high school pics look like the cast of "MAD TV".

Mad-TV-cast.jpg

Fred.

Still repeating that hotline bling counted towards Views sells bullshyt :mjlol:

because you forgot

Those Hotline Bling sales/streams before the album released didn't count

In the United States, Views debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, with 1.04 million equivalent album units, selling 852,000 copies in its first week of release, and achieving over 245 million streams

245000000/1500 = 163333

852000 + 163333 = 1,015,333

If those 400,000,000 were added then it would be up to 1.2 million
and even higher with the 700,000,000 youtube views like the article suggest are counted but aren't so try again

Fred. :umad:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Still repeating that hotline bling counted towards Views sells bullshyt :mjlol:

because you forgot

:gucci:

I didn't forget I ignored it because it's wrong. Do any of you clowns know what you're talking about?

Drake “Sold” 1.2M Copies Of Views Only Thanks To Old “Hotline Bling” Streams
Why Drake Isn't as Popular as Michael Jackson
Drake's 'Hotline Bling' streams will help Views go platinum
Old "Hotline Bling" Streams Count Towards Sales Numbers For Drake's "VIEWS"
But nah, let me ignore several reputable music sites and listen to some weirdo Drake stan on the internet.:mjlol:

Fred.