Keep Justin Fields or draft a new QB?

If you in charge who is the Bears QB in 2024?

• Fields

• Caleb

• Maye

• Penix

• Other prospect

Results are only viewable after voting.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Just passed on maybe the best young QB in a decade and they wanna run it back again. Bears fans have this weird fixation on Caleb. You don't gotta take him, take MHJ then a Maye/Penix...
I heard a breh go so far as to question Caleb's style of fashion. These people are reaching. :mjlol:

There was no problem with that when Rodman doing it though

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Like I posted in the other thread:

Top 3-4 QB the last 15 years, top 5-8 going back to 2000.
Dude is the Joe Burrow/Trevor Lawrence tier as a prospect.

You draft Caleb. Not Maye who is a stare down QB. Not Penix because we saw why.
You attract a coach who wants to work with the talent and great situation in Chicago.
Take a team like Atlanta to the cleaners for Fields to get assets and shore up the OL.
Let everyone go to work.

There is no sense to have all these crazy assets to let your team get driven by a QB who has struggles passing and quarterbacking in a QB-driven league. That high-quality coach the fanbase wants is going to be excited to work with Caleb, not Fields because they're worried about their career as well.

Chicago (with Caleb) and LA (with Herbert) are the destination spots most coaches want at this very instant.
Literally the two best options around the league by far, but only if you move on from Fields unfortunately (I know the city loves the guy).
Unlike LA though, you don't play 17 away games and have shytty contracts/inflexibility.
Would be a shame to not take advantage of the perfect storm you got right in front of you.

Last edited:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
What’s the difference between Caleb and Baker? They were the same exact college player

Atleast Baker could perform against good defenses

Mayfield tier should be Caleb's floor

The diff to me is his ability to diagnose and process defenses

I'd also argue that Caleb is more athletic...and has a higher ceiling due to being a legit dual threat QB

Baker has good arm talent, Caleb has very good arm talent (better than Baker)

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
What’s the difference between Caleb and Baker? They were the same exact college player

Atleast Baker could perform against good defenses
This is a very generic comparison

- Vision
- Instincts/Field Awareness. He scans the field like a cyborg
- Accuracy
- Movement in the pocket
- Quick decisions
- "Turning nothing into something"

Caleb is the real deal

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Mayfield tier should be Caleb's floor

The diff to me is his ability to diagnose and process defenses

I'd also argue that Caleb is more athletic...and has a higher ceiling due to being a legit dual threat QB

Baker has good arm talent, Caleb has very good arm talent (better than Baker)
What good defense has Caleb ever diagnosed or processed?

Caleb is terrible when he goes against good teams

Caleb is faster but Caleb is mediocre in the pocket and has been for 3 years

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
This is a very generic comparison

- Vision
- Instincts/Field Awareness. He scans the field like a cyborg
- Accuracy
- Movement in the pocket
- Quick decisions
- "Turning nothing into something"

Caleb is the real deal

srks9ew31pvb1.jpg

And Caleb never ever played against the best defensive, schemes or players in the country

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Like I posted in the other thread:

Top 3-4 QB the last 15 years, top 5-8 going back to 2000.
Dude is the Joe Burrow/Trevor Lawrence tier as a prospect.

You draft Caleb. Not Maye who is a stare down QB. Not Penix because we saw why.
You attract a coach who wants to work with the talent and great situation in Chicago.
Take a team like Atlanta to the cleaners for Fields to get assets and shore up the OL.
Let everyone go to work.

There is no sense to have all these crazy assets to let your team get driven by a QB who has struggles passing and quarterbacking in a QB-driven league. That high-quality coach the fanbase wants is going to be excited to work with Caleb, not Fields because they're worried about their career as well.

Chicago (with Caleb) and LA (with Herbert) are the destination spots most coaches want at this very instant.
Unlike LA though, you don't play 17 away games and have shytty contracts/inflexibility.
Would be a shame to not take advantage of the perfect storm you got right in front of you.

If we're looking at this from an asset perspective, the #1 draft pick will land SIGNIFICANTLY more than Justin Fields would in a trade. While I think Chicago should keep Fields and build around him, I also understand that this isn't a situation like Houston and Deshaun Watson, who had proven he was a Franchise QB at the time he was moved for a package that has since resulted in a franchise-altering move that the Texans appear to be set up for the next decade-plus from.

People would see Fields as a player who needs a specific coach/system and setup to reach any of his potential -- and the time to realize that potential is winding down -- and if Chicago doesn't want him, other teams wouldn't pay any sort of significant price unless Chicago can be trusted to hit a home run on every draft pick it gets. He MIGHT land a second and a third rounder.

Me thinking Chicago should keep Fields honestly has more to do with the fact that swapping him for someone with the arm talent of Caleb doesn't solve the issues they have. They'd still have a bad OL, they'd still have a bad offensive coordinator, and they'd still have an unproductive running game, partly because they got rid of the guy who leads the team in rushing. Adding Caleb probably wouldn't do THAT much to elevate DJ Moore and Cole Kmet, who literally just had the best statistical seasons of their careers with Fields and to an extent, Bagent.

However, the price someone is willing to pay to draft Caleb would help Chicago solve those issues, and it just so happens that from a talent and potential standpoint, Fields might actually become what he could be if Chicago solved those issues. If he doesn't? Draft Sheduer or Connor Weigman next year, put them in what should be a ready-made team, and keep it pushing.

The only way it's worth it is if Caleb actually is Joe Burrow -- who has finished two out of four seasons on the IR, partly because of the various punishment he's taken -- or CJ Stroud (who came to a Texans team that actually had a decent OL already in place). I do not anticipate that for Caleb in Chicago. Not without wholesale changes/tearing it down to the foundation and starting over. And the Bears have enough going for them to where it's not essential that they start over.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
What good defense has Caleb ever diagnosed or processed?

Caleb is terrible when he goes against good teams

Caleb is faster but Caleb is mediocre in the pocket and has been for 3 years

His footwork is terrible...but that's where a structured NFL operation should help him

Look at his performances the past 3 seasons

Overall, he's been solid, individually, against good teams

The only thing Caleb is missing is height...he has the physical tools sans height to be successful

We need to see the intangibles tho...and the willingness to improve

If he hits, he will be a perennial pro bowler