Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Got to pack the court, maybe even impeach Kav after they read the documents. Dems need to whup the republicans ass and drag them through the street for this and what they did to Garland.
There is no way they will get 66 votes to impeach Kavanaugh.

But they should 100%:

a) Pack the court if they can get all three branches in 2020
b) Return it back to 60 Senate votes for federal judge confirmation to bring back some order. (after confirming all the justices to take the Supreme Court)

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The U.S. Constitution established the Supreme Court but left it to Congress to decide how many justices should make up the court. The Judiciary Act of 1789 set the number at six: a chief justice and five associate justices.

We have 9 right now cause The Judiciary Act of 1869 officially set the number, and it has not budged since.

What's stopping a Democratic Congress and POTUS putting the # to 11?

Nothing!
If they get full control in 2020, this should be one of the first things they do. They better be off that civility, reach across the aisle shyt by then.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When’s the vote?

I can only imagine the fukery they have planned

:snoop:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Yes, I am serious, and no, Anthony Kennedy was not a "moderate." He was a swing vote on two social issues; abortion and same-sex marriage.

He was a textbook conservative on virtually every other issue.
Bro, don't waste your time. This is the textbook definition of an American moderate.

It's stupid, I know.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
There is no way they will get 66 votes to impeach Kavanaugh.

But they should 100%:

a) Pack the court if they can get all three branches in 2020
b) Return it back to 60 Senate votes for federal judge confirmation to bring back some order.
They shouldn't do this until after they've passed all of their legislation with 51 votes.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:ohhh: just looked it up... i always thought fdrs plan failed because of a scotus decision - i never realized it didnt pass congress
Nah he used the threat of packing the court to get them to pass New Deal legislation. That man was going to get his laws through one way or the other.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shorty behind Kavanaugh is sexy.

DmR1Lg3VAAE1yCf.jpg