Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine if Ruth Bader dies/retires. That shyt the Repubs pulled with Obama's last pick was so bush league it's disgusting. I wish they do roll back Roe vs Wade for all the white women who voted for Trump.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
the supreme court aint gonna let that fly though. especially not now
The U.S. Constitution established the Supreme Court but left it to Congress to decide how many justices should make up the court. The Judiciary Act of 1789 set the number at six: a chief justice and five associate justices.

We have 9 right now cause The Judiciary Act of 1869 officially set the number, and it has not budged since.

What's stopping a Democratic Congress and POTUS putting the # to 11?

Nothing!

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
The U.S. Constitution established the Supreme Court but left it to Congress to decide how many justices should make up the court. The Judiciary Act of 1789 set the number at six: a chief justice and five associate justices.

We have 9 right now cause The Judiciary Act of 1869 officially set the number, and it has not budged since.

Nothing!
So much this! I’ve always thought about why they don’t do this and I never got an answer.

Dems gotta play dirty at this point

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset

Nothing!
:ohhh: just looked it up... i always thought fdrs plan failed because of a scotus decision - i never realized it didnt pass congress

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
It’s an illegitimate court at the moment. When the hammer drops, all his judicial picks must be removed too.
And they will...

Chuck Schumer is apart of the gang of 8.. and for him to cut a deal to push trumps nominations through suggest to me that either he knows this presidency will be deemed illegitimate and therefore all of trumps legislative and judicial picks will be null and void or Chuck just simple folded like a cheap suit

Right now I doubted he folded like a cheap suit

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
:ohhh: just looked it up... i always thought fdrs plan failed because of a scotus decision - i never realized it didnt pass congress

The bill was held up in committee for like 6 months and the Senate Majority Leader who championed it died.

Plus one of the judges on SCOTUS at the time decided a couple cases that were more friendly to New Deal policies cause the conservatives were shook. Roosevelt just won a re-election landslide and his party controlled Congress.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Chuck Schumer is apart of the gang of 8.. and for him to cut a deal to push trumps nominations through suggest to me that either he knows this presidency will be deemed illegitimate and therefore all of trumps legislative and judicial picks will be null and void or Chuck just simple folded like a cheap suit

What rule or law says this is possible? Because that would be a major game-changer.