Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
That's all McConnell brings up at fundraisers now, the courts. He has nothing else to sell but the courts. I don't think the topic as been brought up once in the Dem debates.

I think to the rank-in-file, judges don’t do anything they see immediately.

It’s not like the courts saying Trump can move money around then the Statue of Liberty falls into disrepair. Or the Washington monument starts crumbling from lack of upkeep.

Most people never knew what any of those military projects were.

The GOP has been pumping the abortive propaganda against Planned Parenthood (as if that’s all it does) for decades.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Strongly disagree with this.

You have to ask the question and then pivot to talk about what the GOP have done to the courts. This is how you get the Senate back.

Breh I’m calling it now if the Dems get the senate back Brett might as well put in his resignation papers immediately because from those secret payments he received in paying off his bills to all the sexual allegations that’s confirmed he’s going to be in a world of hurt.. and I suspect all of trumps other appointees that Moscow Mitch rushes through will get the same scrutiny and if there’s anything illegal in their background it’s a wrap

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Breh I’m calling it now if the Dems get the senate back Brett might as well put in his resignation papers immediately because from those secret payments he received in paying off his bills to all the sexual allegations that’s confirmed he’s going to be in a world of hurt.. and I suspect all of trumps other appointees that Moscow Mitch rushes through will get the same scrutiny and if there’s anything illegal in their background it’s a wrap
That would hang on democratic leadership both having a spine and not being bought off like the entire other party. Sure plenty of the rank and file members would be up for it and legit try to do their jobs to the best of their abilities for the people, but Pelosi, Hoyer, and Schumer as just as bought as McConnell is.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
That would hang on democratic leadership both having a spine and not being bought off like the entire other party. Sure plenty of the rank and file members would be up for it and legit try to do their jobs to the best of their abilities for the people, but Pelosi, Hoyer, and Schumer as just as bought as McConnell is.
If Trump is re-elected but the Dems manage to take the Senate I’m going to assume Dems will try to get Pelosi and Schumer up out the paint...

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If Trump is re-elected but the Dems manage to take the Senate I’m going to assume Dems will try to get Pelosi and Schumer up out the paint...
They’re gonna get massacred next year with the way those two are sitting on their hands and rubber stamping everything trump does while working to silence their party members who speak out. I’d bet a fortune on that :francis:. They have nothing to campaign on. “We sat around and did nothing for the last two years even though we had the power to do something, so you should definitely vote for us again” isn’t exactly inspiring voters to come out in droves. The only move that have to make with a compromised senate and a hostile foreign agent in office working to establish a dictatorship where multiple nations have their hooks in our infrastructure (more than just Israel, Russia, and the Saudi’s) is impeachment, yet they refuse to do it. That tells voters there isn’t much point in voting at all :francis:. Those two aren’t in their seats on the merit of their abilities. They serve as figureheads.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Superstar
Daps
Kavanaugh should start suing people. It’s obvious this is being politicized but there are enough brainwashed people with double digit IQs to parrot whatever the news cycle of their favorite bias has to say

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Why was it so important to the GOP to push Kavanaugh through? There are a million other hardcore right wing judges who would happily overturn Roe v Wade
He’s young and for the sake of getting who they want even if he’s unqualified. Part of the authoritarian playbook is destroying the legitimacy of institutions and even the appearance of such while still wielding power, and he fits that perfectly.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
He’s young and for the sake of getting who they want even if he’s unqualified. Part of the authoritarian playbook is destroying the legitimacy of institutions and even the appearance of such while still wielding power, and he fits that perfectly.

I'm sure they could have found other 50 year old hard right judges. Such as that Amy Barrett lady