Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Yes, we know more people would vote for the Dems, the issue is getting them there. Is the YouGov poll measuring the amount of voters that planned on not participating initially but have decided to based upon the Kavanaugh nomination?
The point is simple. People want democrats to oppose Trump and its consistently one of the top polling issues in every poll and its increasing.

Why am I bringing this up?

Because it is an actual strategy and not as you falsely frame it, "being the party of lesser evil."

If we're going to have these discussions let's at least be honest about what the people want from Their politicians and the realization, that until Democrats take control of either congress or one chamber and the presidency its unlikely to see any of the other issues they want as well.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
People want democrats to oppose Trump and its consistently one of the top polling issues in every poll and its increasing.

That goes without saying.

Because it is an actual strategy and not as you falsely frame it, "being the party of lesser evil

How are Democratic voters wanting their party to oppose Trump policies and the GOP a strategy for the Democratic party? A strategy consists of several ideas and plans of execution to oppose those policies. A strategy consists of inspiring their base to show up to the polls so they can take over a branch of the legislature. A strategy is not pointing at the fact that Democrats oppose Republican policies. What are the Democrats going to do to oppose these policies? We again seem to forget that 10 years ago the Dems held the same tenuous control over the entire Government the Republicans do now, yet they lost it. So it's not unthinkable the GOP can lose their power as well. You all like to bring up polls and statistics which is fine but why aren't those polls and numbers translating to more electoral victories. With the sheer number of Democratic leaning voters and the amount of Trump/GOP fukkery there is absolutely no reason the midterms should be in doubt but yet they are. Could you imagine the GOP not capitalizing on such a corrupt and odious Democratic Administration/Congress?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Daps
The fukk they think was gonna happen? Every lawyer trying a case in front of that clown need to demand he be removed from hearing their cases because of his inherit bias

Kavanaugh didn’t have anything to do with the court not taking this case. Four members of the Supreme Court have to vote to hear a case. That means at least 1 of the 4 remaining liberals voted against hearing it. Also, if this case had gone up for review he would have been recused.

If we’re going to be mad and complain we need to have grounds. What you don’t want is some right wing person to cut down an entire argument against him by focusing on what I did.

Citation for rule of four:
Rule of four - Wikipedia

I know it’s Wikipedia, but I’m on my phone.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
That goes without saying.

How are Democratic voters wanting their party to oppose Trump policies and the GOP a strategy for the Democratic party? A strategy consists of several ideas and plans of execution to oppose those policies. A strategy consists of inspiring their base to show up to the polls so they can take over a branch of the legislature. A strategy is not pointing at the fact that Democrats oppose Republican policies. What are the Democrats going to do to oppose these policies? We again seem to forget that 10 years ago the Dems held the same tenuous control over the entire Government the Republicans do now, yet they lost it. So it's not unthinkable the GOP can lose their power as well. You all like to bring up polls and statistics which is fine but why aren't those polls and numbers translating to more electoral victories. With the sheer number of Democratic leaning voters and the amount of Trump/GOP fukkery there is absolutely no reason the midterms should be in doubt but yet they are. Could you imagine the GOP not capitalizing on such a corrupt and odious Democratic Administration/Congress?

If you're actually Black and not a bot

Trump and the Repubs want your family dead

Literally

So vote them out in every election you get a chance

This is all I have to say. If you disagree with something I wrote then let me know

Otherwise fukc all the nit picky back and forth shyt

They are Nazis. Stop them

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

The difference is the GOP actually did something besides fail politely and with high moral ground. Your constituents wanting you to do something is not a strategy. A strategy to implement action is something borne from those desires. The desire is there but no strategy.

If the party leadership thinks like you do well then I see the issue.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The difference is the GOP actually did something besides fail politely and with high moral ground. Your constituents wanting you to do something is not a strategy. A strategy to implement action is something borne from those desires. The desire is there but no strategy.

If the party leadership thinks like you do well then I see the issue.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

Hundreds of paid GOP operatives descended upon South Florida to protest the state's recounts,[1] with at least half a dozen of the demonstrators at Miami-Dade paid by George W. Bush's recount committee.[2] Several of these protesters were identified as Republican staffers and a number later went on to jobs in the Bush administration.[3]

The "Brooks Brothers" name is a reference to the protesters' corporate attire; described as "50-year-old white lawyers with cell phones and Hermès ties", the astroturfing protesters were corporate-sponsored and flown in, as opposed to being local citizens concerned about counting practices.[2][4]

The demonstration was organized by Republican operatives, sometimes referred to as the "Brooks Brothers Brigade",[5] to oppose the recount of ballots during the Florida election recount.
Brooks Brothers riot - Wikipedia