Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Keep up that winning strategy. It kept Kavanaugh off the be---oh wait. :mjlol:

Republicans did what Republicans do. McConnell definitively stated a week before that he was getting him on the court. You niccas with this, oh if the Dems do/dont do this, Republicans won't be the hateful pieces of shyts they've always been positions takers are being willfully ignorant. I really struggle with understanding why people go back and forth with you.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Republicans did what Republicans do.

The Dems might try doing something every now and again. There's a reason why people feel the party needs to move away from the Schumers and Pelosis and follow the Avenatti blueprint. Blaming the Republicans for everything and doing nothing to stop them isn't going to inspire your base. Calling people rapists or rape apologists isn't going to inspire your base. Grousing about how dirty the Republicans are isn't going to inspire your base. So yeah, they need to do something besides lose gracefully. That may be enough for the true believers in here but it's not enough for the country as a whole. The fact they aren't assured victory after the GOP fukkery of the last several years shows how pathetic of a party they truly are.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
That was the message. And there was action behind it. The Dems have been counting on the Republicans being worse than they are to draw their base to the polls. Once they get into power they'll do..........."something."

It's crazy. Every dem plan is failing, but we're the stupid ones.

They don't even have a front runner. Corey Booker just said, "I'm p*ssy." They're gonna try to run Corey and Warren and lose.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
The Dems might try doing something every now and again. There's a reason why people feel the party needs to move away from the Schumers and Pelosis and follow the Avenatti blueprint. Blaming the Republicans for everything and doing nothing to stop them isn't going to inspire your base. Calling people rapists or rape apologists isn't going to inspire your base. Grousing about how dirty the Republicans are isn't going to inspire your base. So yeah, they need to do something besides lose gracefully. That may be enough for the true believers in here but it's not enough for the country as a whole. The fact they aren't assured victory after the GOP fukkery of the last several years shows how pathetic of a party they truly are.

I started reading this and realized I didnt care and stopped. I wish I could put you on ignore.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
It's crazy. Every dem plan is failing, but we're the stupid ones.

They don't even have a front runner. Corey Booker just said, "I'm p*ssy." They're gonna try to run Corey and Warren and lose.

They've been running on the "we're the lesser of two evils" platform for some time now while infighting with or outright vilifying their own progressive wing. It hasn't bore any fruit. We'll see what happens with the midterms.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

What exactly is it you think the Democrats should do?

You listed a bunch of things you think aren't working but I don't see any suggestion of what actually would.

Triipe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Fulton / Mississippi

You listed a bunch of things you think aren't working but I don't see any suggestion of what actually would.
Watching Democrats meltdown over a judge is sad to say the least. If only we had that momentum to end the wars on Syria and Yemen.

You know they could actually win some voters by stopping the wars, instead of telling people they are immoral for not being liberal politically.

No war, something everyone should be for..... but they won't get into that.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

They need to formulate a coherent agenda and be as aggressive as the Republicans when it comes to pushing it. They need to focus more on working with each other than working with the GOP. No more reaching across the aisle. There is no aisle, just an ocean. Less focus on identity politics and Twitter #outrages of the week. That's red meat for their base. But if Dems are vying for independents and trying to inspire their base (and not just pander to it) they need to focus on practical issues like the economy. The GOP message is that the economy is great. The Dem's current response is, "Well that's Obama's economy," instead of "who cares what these abstract statistics say when people on the ground are struggling more than ever?" It's obvious Americans don't care about facts and figures so use that to your advantage. Show them what this "good economy" really means and what they can do to change that false narrative into a reality. And stop worrying about what "Trump voters" will say, do, or agree with. That is the lost cause of this generation. Those 35-40% are not budging. The Dems have all the right ideas (for the most part) but it's as if they're afraid to push them out there. Meanwhile the GOP isn't using dog whistles but blatant bullhorns in their messaging and it's working wonders.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Watching Democrats meltdown over a judge is sad to say the least. If only we had that momentum to end the wars on Syria and Yemen.

You know they could actually win some voters by stopping the wars, instead of telling people they are immoral for not being liberal politically.

No war, something everyone should be for..... but they won't get into that.
:dwillhuh: Do you know what party has control of all levels of government?

Triipe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Fulton / Mississippi
The Money and War Party my friend.

We been on it since the 80's, Bush Sr/Jr, Clinton, Obama, and trump they all abide by the rules. We see fireworks and are amazed, but for the people making policy, nothing unexpected happens.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

About 10 years ago the Dems had control of the entire government as well. And we see what happened in the ensuing years. The GOP crafted a message, pushed it aggressively, pushed back on everything the Obama Admin/Dems attempted to do and inspired their base to to get out there and vote. And it paid dividends. Even after the "death" of the GOP in 2012 they were able to bounce back in a major way. And these are people you all regularly call stupid and incompetent. If they can do it, why not the Dems? I have my theories on that........

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
@Rarely-Wrong Liggins is pretty much spot on

dems dont play politics very well. They have the numbers and people on their side to push forth progressive policies but continue not to

Dems should campaign on Packing the SC BECAUSE Kavanaugh is illegitimate, and a joke. They should do this from now until 2020, but they dont have the fukking guts.

The right can't rally around anything like the left did against Kavanaugh last week, or like the Wall Street Protests, or the TWO Women's Marches

If dems would just push for the Following policies:
Medicare for all
No Money in politics
Ending the War on Drugs
Cancelling Student Debt
Ending the Military and Prison Industrial Complexes
Raising the Minimum wage to a living wage

etc, they would win in landslides each time. But they keep trying the centrist route and we lost at all levels of Govt.

You tell me, what level of Govt are we in control of? We can't stop a goddamn thing Trump and the repubs are doing because we are beat.

And we have dumbass leaders like Pelosi and Schumer with no backbone, and DNC leaders like Tom Perez, who don't stand for anything.

And moreso, we have a corporate media machine (CNN, MSNBC) that try to muddy the waters on Progressive Policies like the ones we listed (ala "How do we pay for all this", even though its CHEAPER. it's like me paying $40 a month for a haircut, and a new barbershop opens up down the street that charges $10 an hour and I'm sitting at home wondering how I'm gonna afford to make the change to the new barbershop).

The point is, if we move in a hard left, populist way, we can easily win.

At this point, it should be obvious to anyone with a political IQ that it's too late for incrementalism. We don't have time to inch forward slowly. We need to move left and we need to move left a decade ago.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
@Rarely-Wrong Liggins is pretty much spot on

dems dont play politics very well. They have the numbers and people on their side to push forth progressive policies but continue not to

Dems should campaign on Packing the SC BECAUSE Kavanaugh is illegitimate, and a joke. They should do this from now until 2020, but they dont have the fukking guts.

The right can't rally around anything like the left did against Kavanaugh last week, or like the Wall Street Protests, or the TWO Women's Marches

If dems would just push for the Following policies:
Medicare for all
No Money in politics
Ending the War on Drugs
Cancelling Student Debt
Ending the Military and Prison Industrial Complexes
Raising the Minimum wage to a living wage

etc, they would win in landslides each time. But they keep trying the centrist route and we lost at all levels of Govt.

You tell me, what level of Govt are we in control of? We can't stop a goddamn thing Trump and the repubs are doing because we are beat.

And we have dumbass leaders like Pelosi and Schumer with no backbone, and DNC leaders like Tom Perez, who don't stand for anything.

And moreso, we have a corporate media machine (CNN, MSNBC) that try to muddy the waters on Progressive Policies like the ones we listed (ala "How do we pay for all this", even though its CHEAPER. it's like me paying $40 a month for a haircut, and a new barbershop opens up down the street that charges $10 an hour and I'm sitting at home wondering how I'm gonna afford to make the change to the new barbershop).

The point is, if we move in a hard left, populist way, we can easily win.

At this point, it should be obvious to anyone with a political IQ that it's too late for incrementalism. We don't have time to inch forward slowly. We need to move left and we need to move left a decade ago.

One of the main problems is that corporate interests have a grip on this country and it's politics not seen since the fukking Gilded age. This is great for Republicans because even pre Alt Right era they were the party of big business. They can show their naked bias without any fear of repercussion and watch the money and votes stream in. A portion of their base is actually hurt by this but American ignorance is a hell of a drug and the thought of one day being in the 1% is enough to get that portion of the base to go with the program. The Dems on the other hand, while beholden to these same corporate interests, have a base that would benefit from seeing corporate power diminished significantly. They have to pay lip service to their base (but nothing too radical :whoa:) while pleasing their corporate masters. The Dems spend a lot of time tip toeing around issues, bluffing, negotiating with the party of big business or just rolling over and whining about the unfairness of it all. The votes may not be rolling in but the money definitely is. All the policies @CheckMate highlighted above would help everyone, not just the Dem base, but it would hurt the money. Can't have that. This is why they focus on social issues that would have a minimal impact on corporate bottom lines. Until we drive money out of politics the Dems will always be somewhat of a lame .duck party. No excuse for their almost complete lack of effort though.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
One of the main problems is that corporate interests have a grip on this country and it's politics not seen since the fukking Gilded age. This is great for Republicans because even pre Alt Right era they were the party of big business. They can show their naked bias without any fear of repercussion and watch the money and votes stream in. A portion of their base is actually hurt by this but American ignorance is a hell of a drug and the thought of one day being in the 1% is enough to get that portion of the base to go with the program. The Dems on the other hand, while beholden to these same corporate interests, have a base that would benefit from seeing corporate power diminished significantly. They have to pay lip service to their base (but nothing too radical :whoa:) while pleasing their corporate masters. The Dems spend a lot of time tip toeing around issues, bluffing, negotiating with the party of big business or just rolling over and whining about the unfairness of it all. The votes may not be rolling in but the money definitely is. All the policies @CheckMate highlighted above would help everyone, not just the Dem base, but it would hurt the money. Can't have that. This is why they focus on social issues that would have a minimal impact on corporate bottom lines. Until we drive money out of politics the Dems will always be somewhat of a lame .duck party. No excuse for their almost complete lack of effort though.
Perfectly stated

this is why we need someone who has the gguts to take on these monied interests

U think that democratic politicians that thrive in this current climate, where big money rules over everything, will try and change the system? No! becuase they love this system

And because they love the system, they won't push for any progressive policies because it would hurt the corporation's bottom-line. Simple as that