Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
MOST IMPORTANTLY
-kavanaugh clearly lied about things like renate alumna, his own drinking habits and the yearbook terminology. calls into question his entire testimony.

Then the investigation should have been to determine whether he lied under instead of making it solely about the alleged sexual assault. Flake himself stated that if he lied under oath then that would disqualify him. It makes the Dems look better to female voters if they bring down a potential rapist but there were obviously easier avenues to have pursued. By making it about his testimony under oath you would have tied Flake to his word and revelations about Kavanaugh's drinking would be much more relevant to the investigation. The scope of the investigation was narrowed by the Dems from the onset because they wanted the FBI to look into the allegations. They should have leaned harder for a perjury investigation.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
This.
Disqualifying candidates who haven't been convicted of any wrong doing is a dangerous precedent whether he's a good guy or a bad guy.

Sadly someone just linked a poll showing majority of Dems would not vote for someone who has simply been accused.
:wow:
Slippery slope.

It's almost like all they'd have to do is pay off, intimidate, and rig investigations to get people elected to the highest positions in the government.

:ohhh:

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
didnt republicans disqualify merrick garland?...merrick garland didnt have any allegations against him...what do poll numbers look like when you ask republicans if merrick should be on the supreme court?
That doesn't fit into my goofy ass argument and so I will post the :hubie:smiley

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Then the investigation should have been to determine whether he lied under instead of making it solely about the alleged sexual assault. Flake himself stated that if he lied under oath then that would disqualify him. It makes the Dems look better to female voters if they bring down a potential rapist but there were obviously easier avenues to have pursued. By making it about his testimony under oath you would have tied Flake to his word and revelations about Kavanaugh's drinking would be much more relevant to the investigation. The scope of the investigation was narrowed by the Dems from the onset because they wanted the FBI to look into the allegations. They should have leaned harder for a perjury investigation.
All of that was blocked by the president of the United States from being investigated.

:mindblown:

Negged

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
If Dems had wanted the gambling debt stuff investigated wouldn't it have needed Republicans to get it done?

That's why you have to push the issue. I repeat, Obama was getting tripped up over his old pastor. That was a non story pushed into the mainstream and given credibility by all of the major news outlets. A potential supreme court nominee with verifiable gambling debt and other financial issues is a major story. It should have been pushed instead of the Dems rolling over.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
the investigation was controlled by the white house, it was never going to be about anything meaningful

how can you be on the internet in 2018 and not be aware of how much pro-rape shyt is going down with the alt-right and them these days :stopitslime:

That has nothing to do with the portion of my quote you tried to spin.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
the republicans had control over the investigation. it happened because republican senators requested it and trump defined the scope of it. the democrats could have done a better job stressing the required scale to the american people i suppose