Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
#Flake2020 :wow:

:hhh:

:usure:
giphy.gif

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Id accept that bet too:mjlit:

Now you want to mince words with me lol

ALL FALSE RAPE CLAIMS ARE WEAPONIZED RAPE ACCUSATIONS

Your hypothesis was weaponizing false rape accusations doesnt work. But the long list of convictions say otherwise.

No it wasn't.
It would be retarded to say that false rape accusations don't work at all, maybe you misread or can only think of things in black/white.
What I said was "False rape accusations cannot be easily weaponized successfully."
They might work here and there, but overall they do not (http://webarchive.nationalarchives..../www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs05/hors293.pdf pg 47). Most false accusations don't get far because the accuser isn't credible.

I was responding to someone who we should rally behind Kavanaugh because it sets a bad precedent that will affect other men in the future as rape claims will be weaponized. This is consistent with other arguments I've heard and seems to be based on this fear that we're going towards a society where a woman can just scream rape and it's over for the man. That if you're a successful man all someone has to do is accuse you of rape and your success will be taken away. Bullshyt. This is irrational and not based on facts. It's an argument that people who hate women make, so it's no surprise Trump was also saying it.

If someone falsely accuses you of rape it's far more likely that their claim will be thrown out than you ever seeing punishment. A lot of actual rape victims can't get justice but I'm supposed to be afraid of someone making up complete lies about me?

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
A reality is a LOT of men have done something like this....I surely haven't. But, I have witnessed or been present to similar things, or known about them later, esp. in high school. These are just realities for the world we inhabit. It is something I am ashamed of. It makes me look at friends different, and I have severed and dulled ties, in part, due to these things. I really thought about writing an op ed about it all. I knew it was wrong, I just didn't know what to do, or why it was wrong. I thought that was how things were, and I wasn't really wrong in that sense.

So many men, are terrified, if they condemn another, for something they have done, it is like accepting their own guilt. And for women, I think one factor, is MANY women have had something like that happen, or again, been around it, it makes them a victim, which they refuse to be, and it makes them culpable for what they didn't do, or didn't protect, even if only in they're own mind.

Last edited:

JJ Evans

All Star
Daps
I hope Flake is not getting the hero treatment in this thread.

Him calling for a one week investigation is nothing.

If he truly wanted to stop this, he could have simply voted no in the committee and kept this judge from having any type of a chance.

This sounds like a republican chess move of voting him out of committee, calling for a quick investigation, having the results of the investigation already pre-written, and then voting him in as the next Supreme Court Justice.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
At this point Collins might as well vote no given she's more than likely going to lose in 2020, whether it's in the primary to someone more conservative or in the general when Trump is up for reelection.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I hope Flake is not getting the hero treatment in this thread.

Him calling for a one week investigation is nothing.

If he truly wanted to stop this, he could have simply voted no in the committee and kept this judge from having any type of a chance.

This sounds like a republican chess move of voting him out of committee, calling for a quick investigation, having the results of the investigation already pre-written, and then voting him in as the next Supreme Court Justice.
Yup

He only did this because of the lashing he got from the media for being a career two timing coward...

That's not a hero, that's a coward shamed into action...

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
At this point Collins might as well vote no given she's more than likely going to lose in 2020, whether it's in the primary to someone more conservative or in the general when Trump is up for reelection.
breh thats what ive been saying. shes a fukkin MAINE senator. its got its rednecks but that race will never be as close as it was in 2016 again

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
NO, any question that starts out like that, the answer is no.
They are playing the hand they have not the one so many here want them to have.

They have to be smart with all they do or don't do. If Avanetti is wilding out he's in a position to do so.

Some of you approach politics the way a child would. A spoiled child. The Dems are the minority on the hill. But they'll show you all in the coming months.

The dap fishing in hl related to dissing the Dems no matter what they do is disgusting. And the one I quoted stayyyys on that crap.

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
breh Collins is teflon in Maine

guaranteed 60+%/Senator for life type of teflon