Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Daps
I never in my life heard the word quaaludes until this last year but apparently everything in the 80s was cocaine or quaaludes.

I cant remember which song (or songs), but Eminem had lines about them (late 90s underground Eminem). I think Mad Skillz had a line about them too back then. That's the only reason I heard of them, from lyrics.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Now that we have a third accuser I'd like to shift your attention to the 4 other female Republican senators in Congress that continue to skate by without media pressure.

They are the sole reason why I do not believe confirming Kavanaugh matters.

I need to stress this folks, there are SIX FEMALE REPUBLICAN SENATORS IN CONGRESS. Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins are being singled out by the media as if they are the lone republican women in Congress. This shields the other 4 so that the rest of the country only sees this as a white male republican issue and not just a moral failing of conservative culture.

1. Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.)
HYDE-SMITH STATEMENT ON JUDGE KAVANAUGH

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.) today issued the following statement regarding the confirmation process for Judge Brett Kavanaugh to serve on the Supreme Court of the United States:

“Sexual assault of any kind is unacceptable, but it is becoming very apparent that a major partisan effort is underway to undermine not just Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination, but his character. Judge Kavanaugh has repeatedly declared that none of these accusations are true, and I am glad he has pledged he will not buckle under this coordinated attack to torpedo his nomination.

2. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa)
Iowa Republicans Rally Christian Coalition Behind Brett Kavanaugh
Rep. Steve King fiercely defended Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh over the weekend at an Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition event, saying that accusations that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted a woman who went to high school with him amounted to “character assassination.”

King and other Iowa GOP leaders, including Sen. Joni Ernst, Rep. David Young, and Gov. Kim Reynolds, rallied the nearly 700 Christians in the crowd behind Kavanaugh, the Des Moines Register reported, as Iowa’s senior senator, Judiciary Chairman Charles E. Grassley, negotiates the conditions of a public hearing this Thursday with the nominee's accuser, California psychology professor Christine Blasey Ford.

Ernst questioned on Kavanaugh at Grundy Center town hall
The discussion became heated when Eldora resident Julie Duhn demanded the FBI investigate sexual misconduct allegations a California woman recently leveled against Kavanaugh.

“The FBI doesn’t investigate at that level,” Ernst said, as Duhn spoke about Anita Hill, a woman who accused Justice Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment in 1991 and whose accusation was investigated by the FBI.

3. Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV)
Capito “uncomfortable” with how allegations surfaced against Kavanaugh
“I think that’s the unfairness of it. (California Senator) Diane Feinstein’s had this since July 30. She’s had opportunities for private questioning. Why didn’t she assert herself there and then? I think that just adds fuel to the fire to make it more divisive than ever,” Capito said.

4. Deb Fischer (R-NE)
*nothing*
You read that right. If you check Deb Fischer's twitter handle or if you search in google she does not have a single quote about the Kavanaugh allegations

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:avenattithelawyer:

giphy.gif

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
fukk y’all for trying to paint me as some sort of rape apologist because I’m questioning why someone would continue to go to those kind of parties.

I hope kavathug doesn’t get voted in, but that’s a legitimate question, but I forget that objectivity on the Coli doesn’t exist.