Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Daps
Don't mean to come off as the cyncial wet blanket here, but none of this matters IMO simply because the rethugs hold all the power in this situation. Only reason Roy Moore isn't raping teenagers in DC right now (assuming he isn't vacationing in DC today) is because voters held the power in that decision.

A Kavanaugh admission at this point wouldn't even prevent a confirmation vote from them.

:yeshrug:

These additional allegations are definitely important though because they strengthen the potential blowback after he's confirmed, but I'm convinced the only thing stopping Kavanaugh from getting a seat on the SC is literally death.

:francis:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What is stopping the GOP from just withdrawing dude and putting up another conservative judge with a good background?

Gorsuch breezed through. I'm sure there's plenty others out there that fit the bill.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

7OXM.gif

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
What is stopping the GOP from just withdrawing dude and putting up another conservative judge with a good background?

Gorsuch breezed through. I'm sure there's plenty others out there that fit the bill.
They wouldn’t be able to get it done before Nov 6.

Remember how Republicans do better in low turnout elections. Imagine if Democrats knew they could flip both houses in a month and stop Trump?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Because this guy is a hand picked Trump stooge and is basically Trump's "get out of jail free" card if Mueller tries to take him down.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Rushing the process before November mid terms. A new candidate wouldn’t be heard until after the new senate in January is sat

Daps
Reppin
NYC

Trump’s ego. He doesn’t want to look “weak.”

Also they don’t want to restart the process so close to mid-terms, knowing it’s likely going to be a terrible outcome

They should have never put his name forward to begin with. They knew he had skeletons but were in love with his views on executive power

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I can survive a Bill Cosby drink. That polonium tea will have you rotting from the inside out. :sadcam:
Sheeeiiiit, all the drugs I have consumed, a Bill Cosby drink sounds like I would be just chilling playing a video game or browsing the coli playing candy crush, I’d prolly drink 3 or 4 to get my feel good on