Katt Williams Goes In on T Haddish, K Hart, Monique, & Wanda Smith|UPDATE: WANDAS HUSBAND PULLS GUN

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
“I tear up when I think about her come-up.”

:dahell: Ok, so what? Does that automatically make her funny?

I could see why Katt got irritated and started going on. She was being overly dramatic and trying to downplay his points while he was sharing his views on the black comedy industry. Interviewers should never try to outtalk the guests and overpower them with their own perspectives. It shows poor craftsmanship and defeats the purpose of having a guest.

Kami

Banned
Daps
Very funny, but I don’t believe for a split second Pimp Chronicles has made 24 million dollars since his guest turn on Atlanta.

I won’t let that invalidate everything else he said, but...
I believe it. You must be young that was a big special at the time, and if you’re looking for his work anybody starts there.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I believe it. You must be young that was a big special at the time, and if you’re looking for his work anybody starts there.

Atlanta was less than a year ago.

I’m not young, and I’m also not naive enough to believe things just because someone says them, especially when I know better.

It definitely hasn’t made 24 million dollars since Atlanta. And I’d be willing to bet the special hasn’t made 24 million since it dropped in 2006.

But carry on believing things people say because you like them.

Like I said; funny guy though.

Daps
So did Chris Tucker,so did Bernie mack,so did Martin. Its called physical comedy where you use your body and face. You might call it cheap because you don't find Kevin as funny as those other guys,but the essence of it is the same. His facial expressions worked very well for his comedy and in his standup specials.

Comparing Bernie Mac (RIP) to Kevin Hart???? :what:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I’m not doubting that but as men (even though it is a double standard) we should show restraint and not stoop to that level.

I’ve been around women who try to step to me like they have balls, I shut them down and put them in their place. No back and forth cattiness, that’s some gay shyt,

I get this was an interview but it’s straight up feminine to keep going in on a woman like that. Not saying she didn’t antagonise him either but damn, it just became uncomfortable towards the end.
nikka you aint a comedian

They dont give each other handicaps in that world, you either can snap or you cant, and if you cant dont open ya mouth cuz someone is gonna check you real quick for it and make sure it dont happen again, she's been in that world for YEARS so she knew better

if it was some young new chick you'd have a point

Imo giving women handicaps in non physical things is disrespectful to them in itself :hubie: this aint the time for that convo tho

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Katt one of them dudes that just be saying anything and if you don't really evaluate what he's saying you'll be like :whoo:; but, if you add some scrutiny you realize he's just talking. For one, being really attractive as a male comedian isn't a benefit. You think mofos were coming to see Lenny Bruce or Red Foxx on some :noah: shyt? As much as people want to be able to laugh at your jokes -- they want to be able to laugh at you too. That's way harder if they're swooning with every word you say.

Who have been some male comedian sex symbols? Eddie Murphy? That's cause he was really young and popping.

The only male comedian I legit recall women being on some :whew: shyt for was Bill Bellamy.

But, Katt wanna call brehs ugly for no reason. :childplease:
Right, he act Steve Harvey and Ced the entertainer are sex symbols.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
“I tear up when I think about her come-up.”

:dahell: Ok, so what? Does that automatically make her funny?

I could see why Katt got irritated and started going on. She was being overly dramatic and trying to downplay his points while he was sharing his views on the black comedy industry. Interviewers should never try to outtalk the guests and overpower them with their own perspectives. It shows poor craftsmanship and defeats the purpose of having a guest.
I think that is what irritated katt as well, Hollywood sold haddish story well no doubt as they sell everyone else story but all of these guys have a story, and I think that was the point katt was making. She was in fact selected for what she is willing to say and do, her story and her being "real" is not what she is special in.

Personally I get offended at the idea that rachet equals real and the comedian wanda should be ashamed to make that comparison. Tiffany haddish character only reestablished the stereotype that black women are angry loud and ghetto and eases white audience feeling that black women somehow fawn and adore white men. I'm all for everyone getting their shot and getting ahead but what katt was spitting was facts. I just still feel he can do so without singling out certain comedians, especially since he was just once the stereotype himself in movies tv shows etc.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
nikka you aint a comedian

They dont give each other handicaps in that world, you either can snap or you cant, and if you cant dont open ya mouth cuz someone is gonna check you real quick for it and make sure it dont happen again, she's been in that world for YEARS so she knew better

if it was some young new chick you'd have a point

Imo giving women handicaps in non physical things is disrespectful to them in itself :hubie: this aint the time for that convo tho
Actually, I am. :scheme:

I didn’t know she was a comedian. If that’s the case, she really let herself down. :hubie:

She was really weak with the come backs.

deimoz

Mask On
Daps
Reppin
Nocturnal
:ohhh:he came a long way since he wuz "katt in da hat" !

:ufdup:since he ownz his OWN work, he's like the "sam cooke of comedy" ....

:yeshrug:and IMO, red grant is funny, but not THAT funny ... he's good for opening actz though ...

:whoo:katt should do a DOCUMENTARY ... I know he's got mad shyt to say !!!!