kanye west used 16 other people to help write "All Day"

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
How is Lou Reed a racist? And please don't bring up Walk on the Wild Side.

2rh4vpv.jpg

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
And I'm not a fallin' for your bait because this is essentially an apples and oranges argument.
Apples and oranges eh?
Both are two world famous hip hop producers who don't write their own rhymes.
We are talking from a hip hop perspective not some bullshyt that needs some outside cac validation.
Who has done more for hip hop?
Who's been more influential?
Who's influence has been better for hip hop music?
Who has spearheaded more classic hip hop?
I can go on
You kanye fakkits can't win this at all.
No kanye album is an event or takes over hip hop.
Dre can drop tomorrow and it will be bigger than any kanye album.
Ask real hip hop fans whether they'd rather get detox or another trash kanye album :heh:

ll_simon

GQ MoTY Candidate
Daps
Reppin
#NJLives #LWO
The funny thing about this is that back in the day when Kanye was first getting hot nobody doubted he wrote his shyt then. Some of y'all need to let go of the mystique of some of the artists you grew up on. Cause as it's come to light about damn near all em there was a lot of fraudulence. I don't think you'll ever hear anyone say helping Ye writing his album was a "team effort." I do think tho that Ye gives credit where its due, cause really you could suggest one bar or an adlib and get a credit for a song. You only need to have so many credits to be a grammy voter too btw.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Ya need to admit Ye is Dr.Dre status. Nothin wrong with that. But ya still gonna say he's the greatest ever :camby:

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
HOW SWAY?

Ye credits all his writers. He doesn't have "ghostwriters"
But he has writers breh. Now we givin all rappers a pass for not writing their own shyt. I'd lose respect for Black Thought, Chuck D, Masta Ace, Brother Ali, Pharaoh Monch, Talib, Kendrick, or Logic etc. If they had a team of writers writing their catalog. Just call Kanye a entertainer or a music conductor. This is rap. Save all those writing credits for pop, rock, soul, and r&b stars.

Ya worship kanye so much that ya make excuses for his lame attempts at being creative. This dude can do no wrong in ya eyes lol.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
john legend already spoke on this the last go round when yeezus has just come out; check the 4:08 mark

plus, it ain't like kanye was ever somebody like nas, jay z, or eminem; this great writer known for bein' a great lyricist or anythin

people act like rhymefest didn't help him out when he co wrote "jesus walks" or like q-tip didn't bring up blood diamonds in west africa which in turn inspired kanye with "blood diamonds from sierra leone" kanye said he didn't even know where q-tip was talkin' bout when he said "sierra leone". he said q-tip had to actually spell out the word to him and he had to look it up online. matter fact here's a link to kanye talkin' bout it years ago, back durin' late registration:

http://www.mtv.com/bands/w/west_kanye/news_feature_081805/index2.jhtml

kanye been collaboratin' with muthafukkas when it came to his lyrics and production post the college droppout, this ain't nothin' new; especially on the production tip post the college dropout. them soul samples are ye's bread and butter and shyt he can do in his sleep but you noticed on late registration he got jon brion, on graduation he toomp, mike dean, plain pat, 808's he pulled in plain pat, no i.d., and jeff bhasker and then my beautiful dark twisted fantasy had rza, mike dean, jeff bhasker, plain pat, and no i.d.

what is new the amount of muthafukkas he's had helpin' him write, like how he had on yeezus

kanye gettin' his dr. dre or really quincy jones on. quincy was famous for pullin' in a bunch of muthafukkas for projects and gettin' different people workin' together and seein' what came out of the studio sessions. i remember an article in scratch magazine years ago when diffferent collaborators spoke on what it's like workin' with dr. dre in the studio and they were like dr. dre be in that bytch like teacher gradin' papers when it came to the lyrics that were bein' written for him, on some "keep this, scratch this, add this" type shyt.

in this day and age, i honestly don't give a fukk like i use to bout shyt like this more more. because at the end of the day, the more i found out bout how the work gets done, the more i realize none of these muthafukkas do it all by themselves in the studio. you gotta account for musicians, engineers, mixers, production assistants etc

so there's never this one man band effect in the studio. even prince, "the man who does it all" had help (wendy and lisa, both helped him write, engineers, sheila e played drums on songs like "tambourine", dez dikkerson, and i can't forget andre cymone who helped prince from like his "for you" album to the dirty mind album)

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Ye stans are going so far to defend their hero, that they're slandering Prince. PRINCE!!! Think about that for a second.

No seriously, think about it...

Anyways, this has been par for the course with Kanye for a minute now. We all know he's always gotten help writing, and he's been getting lots of help on production since ATLEAST the MBDTF days. It's why all these "Kanye's a genius" opinions are hilarious to me. The man raps what others write, and for the last half a decade atleast, is rapping over beats that he hardly makes, yet he's a genius?
tumblr_mrwidojSJ51s7gykyo1_250.gif

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
Apples and oranges eh?
Both are two world famous hip hop producers who don't write their own rhymes.
We are talking from a hip hop perspective not some bullshyt that needs some outside cac validation.
Who has done more for hip hop?
Who's been more influential?
Who's influence has been better for hip hop music?
Who has spearheaded more classic hip hop?
I can go on
You kanye fakkits can't win this at all.
No kanye album is an event or takes over hip hop.
Dre can drop tomorrow and it will be bigger than any kanye album.
Ask real hip hop fans whether they'd rather get detox or another trash kanye album :heh:
Ran offline after this :wow: :heh: