¥$ (Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign) - Vultures 1 (Discussion Thread)

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Who the fukk is outselling Ye this year :wtf:

nikka, it's January lol. We have 11 months to go.

The Fall Off by J Cole is probably dropping this year so him for sure considering he's been outselling yr for years. Cardi B could. Future could. Juice Wrld might. Lil Baby might.

Ye's highest selling albums have been 309k (donda) and 327k (yeezus) for over a decade. Both coming off a lot of controversy and stunts

Not to mention him essentially being dropped and getting relatively no promotion from the labels unlike last time

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ye hasn't had the highest selling rap album of the year in a very very long time. Donda wasn't. JiK wasn't. Ye wasn't. Kids See Ghosts wasn't. TLoP wasn't. Yeezus wasn't.

I think his timing is right, all them other nikkas you mentioned, excluding maybe Cole and possibly Kendrick, are cold as ice right now.

And he's got a lot of pent up fukkery on his side

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I think his timing is right, all them other nikkas you mentioned, excluding maybe Cole and possibly Kendrick, are cold as ice right now.

And he's got a lot of pent up fukkery on his side

Future just did 222k in 2022. Juice did 400k in 2020 and 120k off a random tape for his doc. And I don't think that 2020 album has dropped off the charts.

Sure, but who cares? He's been ranting and for the first time, it went completely ignored by pretty much everybody.

The single for this ye/$ album has been out since November and only hit #38 on the charts. Damn near the whole album has leaked and even then people don't care lol.

On top of that, it's gonna be released independently too. So no big major label backing or funding like with Donda or no gimmicks to hide the bad sales from like with Donda 2 and the stem player.