Kanye West - Life of the Party ft. Andre 3000 (shots at Drake) (Ye claims GD !!!)

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
Anyone got a new link? OG post link is dead and I'm not trying to go through 97 pages of butthurt Ye & Drake stans arguing. Daps in advance

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
This is the end of Drake…

I’ll give Ye his respect. This deep into the game and can still fill stadiums. This album roll out was brilliant.

Drake needs to take some time off and come back with an EP when outside fully reopens.

Yeezy borrowed straight out of the Nas playbook here.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
The song's cool, the reaction to it and everything surrounding it is fukking weirdo shyt though. I don't really see the Drake diss either "I told him to stop playing with me", "I told him to stop with the funny shyt" that's it? That's what all this noise is about?

I also don't see the mental gymnastics people are doing about Kanye somehow dragging Andre's verse down when they fit thematically. Andre's rapping about losing his parents, Kanye's (for the most part because his shyt is all over the place) rapping about what he's lost since his mother's been gone.

The deterioration of his image:

• The red hat
  • The shouldn't-have-said-thats
  • The reference to him being the butt of a joke on South Park.
The deterioration of his relationship with Kim/her family and him losing his kids both spiritually (oversexualization) and physically:

• That whole playboy thing regarding his kids that he went on a rant about a while back.
  • The kids being yanked out of his school and being sent back to Sierra Canyon.
The deterioration of various other relationships:

• CyHi
  • Drake
  • Travis
  • Virgil Abloh
The deterioration of his mental health, the fact that nobody takes it seriously and his gratefulness to Monica Corgan for actually being there for him.

This isn't even cryptic Lupe shyt it's there in plain English it's just the ramblings of a guy reaching out to his mom saying things would be better if she were here she'd know what to do. Guys care more about fake drama than they do the actual music. This 2021 rap shyt is gay.

Wow this just brings Ye’s verse a whole other layer. I gotta re-listen now..

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
SMH

THIS IS THE SOULFUL shyt DONDA SHOULD HAVE SOUNDED LIKE.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE
SOME 05-07 YE.

THIS TRACK WOULDNT
HAVE EVEN MADE SENSE

SONICALLY ON THE CURRENT DONDA.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YE?

STOP TRYING TO FIT
IN WITH THESE NEW nikkaS
AND MAKE TRACKS LIKE THIS.

:devil:
:evil:
One thing you do know is Kanye “doesn’t fit in” he does his own thing. Almost none of his albums sound alike after his first 3. Nor can you say they sound like any other artists either.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
jesus walks alone is better than anything drake ever put out creatively. Drakes timing and changing in how machines backed him helped his career.

beckies n Karen’s really helped drakes career o n the strippers
Nikkas in paris
Gold digger

Even club bangers...drake songs not touching those 2

Maybe maybe god plan

Fred

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Name it

I'm genuinely curious who you think could line this up.

Name 20 ye songs he could do. I could easily pick 20 random drake songs and we can let the booth vote tbh.

:yeshrug:

Tell Your Friends
Brown Sugar (Fine)
Stand Up
Wouldn't Get Far
Used To Love U
Still Dreaming
Takeover
Heart Of The City (Ain't No Love)
Izzo (H.O.V.A.)
Encore
Make Her Say
The Cool
Numbers on The Boards
Guess Who's Back
Swagga Like Us
Down And Out
Comfortable
You Don't Know My Name
Get By

Show Me A Good Time :youngsabo:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
SMH

THIS IS THE SOULFUL shyt DONDA SHOULD HAVE SOUNDED LIKE.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE
SOME 05-07 YE.

THIS TRACK WOULDNT
HAVE EVEN MADE SENSE

SONICALLY ON THE CURRENT DONDA.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YE?

STOP TRYING TO FIT
IN WITH THESE NEW nikkaS
AND MAKE TRACKS LIKE THIS.

Ye let’s it be known from jump that after MBDTF that he doesn’t want to do that no more. He can make those type of soulful records in his sleep. He gave you 3 albums worth of that.

If he continued to do that he would be sounding like that Lover Boy.

Ye has always wanted to push the boundaries of music and wanted to get out his comfort zone with working with artists you wouldn’t expect.

Ye’s strength is ability to bring the BEST out of artists. He got Fivio Foreign to spit the verse of his career. He got Lil’ Baby and Lil’ Durk to reach within themselves and spit heartful verses. And he has always embraced the younger arts.

That’s why Ye stays relevant

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Tell Your Friends
Brown Sugar (Fine)
Stand Up
Wouldn't Get Far
Used To Love U
Still Dreaming
Takeover
Heart Of The City (Ain't No Love)
Izzo (H.O.V.A.)
Encore
Make Her Say
The Cool
Numbers on The Boards
Guess Who's Back
Swagga Like Us
Down And Out
Comfortable
You Don't Know My Name
Get By

Show Me A Good Time :youngsabo:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Ye let’s it be known from jump that after MBDTF that he doesn’t want to do that no more. He can make those type of soulful records in his sleep. He gave you 3 albums worth of that.

Ye has always wanted to push the boundaries of music and wanted to get out his comfort zone with working with artists you wouldn’t expect.

Ye’s strength is ability to bring the BEST out of artists. He got Fivio Foreign to spit the verse of his career. He got Lil’ Baby and Lil’ Durk to reach within themselves and spit heartful verses. And he has always embraced the younger arts.

:blessed: Someone who gets it.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
One thing you do know is Kanye “doesn’t fit in” he does his own thing. Almost none of his albums sound alike after his first 3. Nor can you say they sound like any other artists either.

THE MUSIC DOESNT
SOUND GOOD PERIOD.

ADD TO THE FACT HES
NOT REALLY EVEN MAKING THESE BEATS WITHOUT 3-4 OTHER "PRODUCERS"

THIS SONG shytS ON EVERYTHING
ON THAT ALBUM.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
THE MUSIC DOESNT
SOUND GOOD PERIOD.

ADD TO THE FACT HES
NOT REALLY EVEN MAKING THESE BEATS WITHOUT 3-4 OTHER "PRODUCERS"

THIS shytS ON EVERYTHING
ON THAT ALBUM.

That's subjective. Every album since Yeezus I notice you have folks hopping off the train and new fans hopping on. Ye has picked up a lot of different groups due to the variety in his catalog. It's cool you're not feeling this. I think it sounds great and so do millions of other folks. You all just want him to spam the CD and LR over and over. Tell me which artist that's ever worked for in maintaining both popularity and longevity? There are kids that weren't even born when he dropped his first solo project buying his music and clothes. That's nuts.

Last edited: