Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I’ll be damned…. If Ye don’t have a classic here, now admittedly there are tracks I skip… BUT the tacks I like are simply THAT GOOD….. I keep seeing more songs due to streaming and all that…. Idk, all i know is with the skip button utilized this album is FLAMES (I know that sounds like a slight, but if you know the album you know it’s not)….. ye got a classic, that should get a grammy nod….tho we know he won’t

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Ye does add a few more tracks to round it out to 30, why not drop some sort of documentary on the making of the album......theres probably a lot of studio/recording footage, backstage/behind the scenes at all the listening events....and with so many people involved with the making of the project....interviews with them. The whole behind the scenes chaos of the album rollout would make a good documentary.

there’s definitely a lot of bts footage of the listening events I follow a few IG accounts who were shooting photo/video for it.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
I’ll be damned…. If Ye don’t have a classic here, now admittedly there are tracks I skip… BUT the tacks I like are simply THAT GOOD….. I keep seeing more songs due to streaming and all that…. Idk, all i know is with the skip button utilized this album is FLAMES (I know that sounds like a slight, but if you know the album you know it’s not)….. ye got a classic, that should get a grammy nod….tho we know he won’t

It could be argued that a lot of classics have skippable tracks. Its more about the highs, longveity/replay value and the impact that an album makes on artists & albums that follow. I think this album has staying power. A lot of people in this thread itself hated the album at first and while they aren't going to call it a classic....they are coming around to it, and may end up liking it even more than they do now.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

full

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I was watching the Dead End hip hop review and heres what I dont get. People are being very critical of Kanye's bars. Kanye was NEVER a great lyricist. He always had corny bars. Hes always been a C+ rapper who has made A+ albums due to great production and songs that just vibe. I cant help but wonder if alot of this hate is towards Kanye more then the music. Its not perfect but its a good album
I feel like in the beginning stages of his career he was trying to be known as a rapper. So he was attempting to be rappity rap focused (also was around rhymefest and consequence heavy) then he with MBDTF he was moving towards having albums be sonic art pieces instead of focusing on trying to be g rap or rakim, most people don’t like Kanye after graduation bc he was moving away from making great, yet bread and butter hip hop imo.

Last edited: