Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Maybe there's a bit of recency bias with Jail, but

"On Sight" is one of the worst songs Ye ever made.

Yeezy season approaching
fukk whatever y'all be hearing

Soon as I pull up and park the Benz
We get this bytch shaking like Parkinsons

Real nikka back in the house again
Black Timbs all on your couch again
Black dikk all in your spouse again

Angry, ig'nant, obnoxious Yeezy >>>>>

:yeshrug:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After being able to digest this album for the last couple weeks, I am ready to call it a classic. Top 3-4 Kanye album and will only get better with time. Yes there is some fat but this album has so many incredible songs I can’t see how it isn’t considered a classic. I get it’s hard for people to separate the man from the music though. :yeshrug:

it’s in the same category as Stillmatic to me.

some weak songs that shouldn’t be on it

but the good is too good to deny it’s a classic

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I've been listening since it dropped and every spin it gets a little better. Songs I wasn't feeling get renewed in some way and I see it from a fresh perspective. Kanye's genius with his music is that there's never really a final word. You think something is aight and depending on what you're doing or where you're at in your life, the song takes on a whole different life.

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jay elect rapping his typical mumbo jumbo but that Fivio verse surprised me. Kanye held his own . It should be a single with a video

Fivio went in. Verse of the year nominee for sure. Kanye verse was flames too though. Def my fav song on here.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
I've been listening since it dropped and every spin it gets a little better. Songs I wasn't feeling get renewed in some way and I see it from a fresh perspective. Kanye's genius with his music is that there's never really a final word. You think something is aight and depending on what you're doing or where you're at in your life, the song takes on a whole different life.

I feel like I catch something new every listen. Not necessarily lyrically, but the details within the details on the production end. Yes, he does get a lot of help from his collaborators, but the way he ties everything together goes to show how gifted his ear is.

If he takes the right young artists under his wing, and helps them build/create, he really could make something just as special.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ya'll realize with streaming these albums will never be compact again, right? Especially, from major artist.:yeshrug:

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The best review of Donda you'll read:

The Spectacle of Ye: Kanye West’s ‘Donda’

Divorced from the spectacle-of-Ye, Donda itself is as ambitious a display of Kanye West since The Life of Pablo. Minus the latter’s inherent mania and schizo-affectivity, Donda is, in fact, Kanye’s best work since TLOP. It contends with loss and mourning, just as it does with a rabid spirituality. We hear Kanye’s mom talk, just as we hear Pop Smoke rap and Ye talk about being reborn—assuredly a cocktail of self-conscious affirmations and benedictions. It’s Graduation’s freshmen glitz meets 808s and Heartbreak’s harrowing sadness, with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy’s orchestral instrumentation, and Jesus is King’s spirituality tied together with Yeezus’ unpredictable, subdued rage.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
I wonder if they were in the studio recording together

that footage is probably :ohlawd:

If Ye does add a few more tracks to round it out to 30, why not drop some sort of documentary on the making of the album......theres probably a lot of studio/recording footage, backstage/behind the scenes at all the listening events....and with so many people involved with the making of the project....interviews with them. The whole behind the scenes chaos of the album rollout would make a good documentary.

NYtymes

All Star
Daps
Where y’all getting all this deluxe info from? This would be the first ye album with a deluxe version... i highly doubt its gonna happen