Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
There are some gems on this album, if he refined it down to 10-12 songs it'd actually be great.

Half of these songs start to sound the same after awhile and I find it hard to differentiate which song is which, especially when alot of the guests have a similar sound and style.

I don't get the "stadium music" genre people keep putting this in either, most of this shyt would be a snooze fest at a festival. Outside of a handful of songs there is miminal energy, not a lot of catchy hooks/verses and nothing to really dance too either.

I'm still waiting for the beat to drop on mose of these joints :mjcry:

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
I stopped listening to "secular" music like a year ago, so appreciate Kanye trying to put out music that has to do with his faith/spiritual life. That being said, listening to "Remote Control" has me tempted to go listen to every Young Thug song ever made, his verse is the best thing I have heard since I stopped listening to hip-hop.

"I treat you lovely and righteous and kind (Hah)
And we’ll be messin’ with another until we die (Yeah)
I’d give you kids at the drop off a dime (Dime)"

:banderas::banderas::banderas:

highly recommended

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
There are some gems on this album, if he refined it down to 10-12 songs it'd actually be great.

I stripped my version down to these 12 tracks:

1. Jail
2. Off the Grid
3. Believe What I Say
4. Remote Control
5. Moon
6. Heaven & Hell
7. Keep My Spirit Alive
8. Jesus Lord 2
9. Lord I Need You
10. Pure Souls
11. Come To Life
12. No Child Left Behind

This makes the album an incredible listen for real.
:banderas:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Its boring and falls off a cliff

How can you argue store run, moments and nobody ....

You think the last half compares to that ?

No phone love :mjlol:
Brunch on Sundays is wack
Count me In is decent
Compuure i just want to hear nas not hitboy
My Bible just meh
Nas is Good ...Boring

The tracks are ok, I'm just saying coming off of 3 5/5 tracks, it just slips, and so does the production...

I just prefer Kings Disease I more... sorry :hubie:

But I think i see why you stay in this thread, I think your upset people are talking about something other then Nas, its ok bro I think he's the GOAT too...

I'm just not emotionally attached
Bruh. I’m in like 6 threads. And I don’t stay in the thread. I get daps and quoted and I’m back in. And this shyt has NOTHING to do with Nas. Check my post history when it comes to Ye and his bullshyt. I been calling it out since before MDBTF. Don’t play yaself. Also ya taste is trash.