Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
It’s literally IMPOSSIBLE for them nikkas to really do what they do on a large scale by themselves. Like. Son no. It’s so many variables. The shyt they are doing requires ALOT of moving parts out of their solo grasp especially when they getting to the point of providing and distributing. Kanye. Is an artist. And don’t talk about that never said he was trying to be this or that cause at one point that nikka was trying to run and want people to say he on Jay and Wayne level rap wise. Knowing he ain’t been writing his shyt like that since the beginning. Kanye is enlisting 20 people to do a beat that 1 person can make and make better. Lol. That’s not genius. Kanye enlisting 20 people to write a rhyme that one person can make and make better. That’s not a genius. It’s not ironic that when dude had a focused team and he was locking himself down making beats and being hands on the product turned out better. This HIP HOP brodie. Ya man started believing his own hype and people need to stop calling this muthafukka a genius and call a spade a spade unless u ain’t gonna get no quality shyt from him ever again. What is he a genius at? His sequencing is trash. His compositions skills are all over the place. He don’t even get his shyt mixed and mastered right. What is he a genius at? Lol

I think the only thing Ye a genius at is marketing himself even wack shyt outside of music these nikkas eat it up specially the younger gen. Just scroll through KTT shyt is full of wackos that think he a god or some shyt lol. And curating other talent and maxing them on records. He seem to get the best out of at least 90% of the cats he work with. Even a female like Nicki most think had her best verse ever on MBDTF. For whatever reason nikkas step they shyt up or singing nikkas float on his records at their highest level often their highest ever and I dont think that a coincidence. He got an incredible vision in his prime years for how he wants his shyts to sound but the actual process and ability in putting it out he aint no genius for

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Me too. :yeshrug:

... but this shyt slaps. production is undeniable.

Album is like a sexy ass woman thats just dumb. She dumb as hell but still looks good :francis:

thats this album, the jesus shyt is ridiculous, but it sounds very good :yeshrug:
But she won't let you fukk unless you in church every sunday :francis:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Washington Post calls Donda Kanye’s worst album.

West once made great, era-defining music on that bluff. But now, after years of stylistic dithering and MAGA footsie, it’s clear that this guy has stumbled over the edge and drifted into a dead zone of aesthetic inertia. His new music contains only one unpopped kernel of cosmic truth: The void is boring.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...d5aee8-094b-11ec-9781-07796ffb56fe_story.html

I honestly feel like i’m in the twilight zone when it comes to Kanye’s music. Yeezus is the cut and clear WORST album in his discography. As overflowing and bloated as Donda is i’d take TEN of what we got with this than that bullshyt he pulled with Yeezus. Yet muthafukkas swear up and down that Yeezus is one of the best albums of the fukking century whilst Donda is a plague:mindblown:

You don't think Ye is worse than Yeezus? I think it's pretty close.

they trippin. jesus is king is by far his worst album. followed by ye.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Finally started listening. First two tracks were cheeks. Off the grid almost got skipped off whoever that first nikka was. Then again after the 2nd nikka. Kanye gave it at least relevancy at the end. Hurricane is solid so far but I rolled my eyes as soon as I heard this auto tune ass nikka :francis:….this definitely that new Kanye sound. All these atmospheric beats with weird synths.