Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Members Who Replied this thread
Thread:
Kanye West - DONDA (Discussion Thread)

1. 124

Ziggiy

2. 111
    beaniemac

3. 85
    Waterproof

4. 57
    TheDarceKnight

5. 56
    95 Madden
dude working overtime to defend KD2's honor :mjlol:

if it was so great you wouldnt have to :umad:

CLB coming soon too. KD2 already an after thought.

Funny how i’ve barely mentioned either Nas or KD2 in this thread. I’ve kept the conversation strictly about the Donda album and the wider conversation surrounding it, which includes reviews and the publics overall reaction to the album.

And yet ya’ll :umad:

Lets stay on topic shall we:mjgrin:

Donda is a complicated listen and not an easy one by any means. If you think there’s a reward for one’s perseverance, the short answer is no, because the message of catharsis feels lost somewhere by the middle of the record. The longer answer is a possible yes, but that’s if you give West plenty of your time and attention over the next few months, spinning Donda over and over.”

Donda review: Kanye West's album is personal, grand, yet complicated-Entertainment News , Firstpost

I really fee the grandiosity of the album hurt Kanye in the long run. Keeping it a lean 14 songs I’m convinced you’d have Kanye’s best work since MBDTF but the filler really FEELS like filler, and its not interesting filler or conceptually arresting filler. Its just there, and thats the albums mortal flaw

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Funny how i’ve barely mentioned either Nas or KD2 in this thread. I’ve kept the conversation strictly about the Donda album and the wider conversation surrounding it, which includes reviews and the publics overall reaction to the album.

And yet ya’ll :umad:

Lets stay on topic shall we:mjgrin:

Donda is a complicated listen and not an easy one by any means. If you think there’s a reward for one’s perseverance, the short answer is no, because the message of catharsis feels lost somewhere by the middle of the record. The longer answer is a possible yes, but that’s if you give West plenty of your time and attention over the next few months, spinning Donda over and over.”

Donda review: Kanye West's album is personal, grand, yet complicated-Entertainment News , Firstpost

I really fee the grandiosity of the album hurt Kanye in the long run. Keeping it a lean 14 songs I’m convinced you’d have Kanye’s best work since MBDTF but the filler really FEELS like filler, and its not interesting filler or conceptually arresting filler. Its just there, and thats the albums mortal flaw
at the end of the day the general public will rank donda higher than kd2
and bump it more too
sorry man it is what it is :yeshrug:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
who is dude rappin from the 1:25 -3:16 mark on off tha grid?

pop smoke woulda been perfect for this track

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I think religion is dumb as fukk and christian songs are beyond cringeworthy, I like Kanye but this album aint for me :yeshrug:

I think Grown Ass Men using the word Cringe or Cringe Worthy is dumb as fukk, If your over 21 those words shouldn't be in your vocabulary

:scust:

:camby:
:umad:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
As far as these reviews go, they are mostly based on the fact that

1. The album is unstructured and not well structured, very important factor in music reviews.
2. So are the songs, a lot sound half-done and rushed, which they are.
3. It’s two hours.
4. Kanye has been acting like one of the biggest bytches in the world.
5. The launch was mad corny.
6. His two most important things where getting ‘rapist and homophobic artists Marilyn Manson and DaBaby’ on there

And I can go on why this won’t be rated high by the same people that used to crown him. Personally I agree with most of it, but still think it has brilliant moments and it has some of the most interesting sounds in music in some time.