Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
Washington Post calls Donda Kanye’s worst album.

West once made great, era-defining music on that bluff. But now, after years of stylistic dithering and MAGA footsie, it’s clear that this guy has stumbled over the edge and drifted into a dead zone of aesthetic inertia. His new music contains only one unpopped kernel of cosmic truth: The void is boring.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...d5aee8-094b-11ec-9781-07796ffb56fe_story.html

I honestly feel like i’m in the twilight zone when it comes to Kanye’s music. Yeezus is the cut and clear WORST album in his discography. As overflowing and bloated as Donda is i’d take TEN of what we got with this than that bullshyt he pulled with Yeezus. Yet muthafukkas swear up and down that Yeezus is one of the best albums of the fukking century whilst Donda is a plague:mindblown:

You don't think Ye is worse than Yeezus? I think it's pretty close.

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
Yeezus is terrible. Nothing redeemable about that album

I think Yeezus has one moment, and Ye had nothing of note. NOTHING. But Yeezus was pretty offensive sounding, consider it had 'help' from Daft Punk and Travis

The YouTubers are NOT shytting on this album at all, Those who have nothing to gain or lose from giving their honest opinion but views. But their scores don't get included in any aggregator.

Last edited:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Chris Brown is just a fuccing bytch of a human being. He don't even know why he's mad.

He probably had people hitting him up about the version at the third listening party not including him and he flew off the handle without realizing it was on the actual album.

I heard he has a short temper :hubie:

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
After one play this album pretty average to me. Production does nothing for me and I’m in the minority here who loved Yeezus.

it’s all nice sounding but like someone on here said it’s almost like soundtrack music

Lyrically it’s also pretty mid and maybe because i’m too much of an old school hip hop breh, most these young rappers sound garbage to me in it.

probably doesn’t help as a Muslim although I appreciate what Kanye doing with the religious themes I can’t emotionally relate personally like a Christian would to. While say Jay Elec’s music I can relate and appreciate the Islamic references

Daps
I think Yeezus has one moment, and Ye had nothing of note. NOTHING. But Yeezus was pretty offensive sounding, consider it had 'help' from Daft Punk and Travis

The YouTubers are NOT shytting on this album at all, Those who have nothing to gain or lose from giving their honest opinion but views. But their scores don't get included in any aggregator.
You tube reviewers say everything is good outside of fantano and a few others. I still need to make it through the rest of the album but I definitely wouldn’t include them in a serious talk about albums