Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
Just finished this album:whew: what a fukkin emotional rollercoaster:damn:

He put the last few years of his life in this album, this is his therapy album, divorce, finally coming at peace with the death of his mother, and him coming closer to God, his mental health. This is his most personal album to date.

The production :ohlawd:

As a grown man the same age of Ye I can relate to this

Bout to run it again

Great summary
:salute:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Washington Post calls Donda Kanye’s worst album.

West once made great, era-defining music on that bluff. But now, after years of stylistic dithering and MAGA footsie, it’s clear that this guy has stumbled over the edge and drifted into a dead zone of aesthetic inertia. His new music contains only one unpopped kernel of cosmic truth: The void is boring.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...d5aee8-094b-11ec-9781-07796ffb56fe_story.html

I honestly feel like i’m in the twilight zone when it comes to Kanye’s music. Yeezus is the cut and clear WORST album in his discography. As overflowing and bloated as Donda is i’d take TEN of what we got with this than that bullshyt he pulled with Yeezus. Yet muthafukkas swear up and down that Yeezus is one of the best albums of the fukking century whilst Donda is a plague:mindblown:
How can people even judge a two hour album less then in 24 hours

Same thing about to happen with drake album too. Everyone here will either say drake still got it or some shyt like “two songs stand out but besides that. . ”

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Washington Post calls Donda Kanye’s worst album.

West once made great, era-defining music on that bluff. But now, after years of stylistic dithering and MAGA footsie, it’s clear that this guy has stumbled over the edge and drifted into a dead zone of aesthetic inertia. His new music contains only one unpopped kernel of cosmic truth: The void is boring.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...d5aee8-094b-11ec-9781-07796ffb56fe_story.html

I honestly feel like i’m in the twilight zone when it comes to Kanye’s music. Yeezus is the cut and clear WORST album in his discography. As overflowing and bloated as Donda is i’d take TEN of what we got with this than that bullshyt he pulled with Yeezus. Yet muthafukkas swear up and down that Yeezus is one of the best albums of the fukking century whilst Donda is a plague:mindblown:
imrs.php

Wall

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Hong Kong
Jesus Lord 2 is FIRE. The rest all kind of blends together for me. Not really feeling this one.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO

this is a good point and thats my biggest peeve when listening to Kanye's recent work... he is so utterly charmless now.
you could feel the wane start to happen were little quips like the a$$hole bit on Father Stretch My Hands don't hit anymore and can take you out of the song.

Imagine getting paid to be a cynic that hates everything :pachaha: