Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Kanye has made a habit of supporting "cancelled" celebrities:
  • XXXtentacion
  • YMW Melly
  • 6ix9ine
  • Chris Brown
  • R. Kelly
  • Bill Cosby
  • DaBaby
  • Trump
  • Marylin Manson
Apart from Trump (Who, I think, Kanye cosied up with to push certain political reforms) I presume his support stems from his Christian inclinations.

Y'all need to let that shyt go.

That comment was a critique on how so many of us in the 21st century are willingly subjecting ourselves to political, mental and wage slavery. The "400 years" part gives it away.
cac :hula:c00n

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just heard a podcast from a former coli member who went to the concert. Said it was no ushers taking people to their seats, no security. $55 parking at the venue. People sitting in each seats. Smh. He said when the Jay verse was taken out, it took the steam out of the event.

This is where his seats were:lolbron: at first. Smh.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
There’s a difference between forgiveness and consequences, Manson raped a woman. I’m not trying to see anyone associate with him at this point. It’s not even like he’s hot, making relevant music or some shyt. He’s fat and ugly these days, new music not popping. So why do shyt with him…on an album about god. It makes no sense.

Also hilarious watching the same journalists who gleefully cancelled DaBaby (and low key ignore/semi cancel Nas) continue to embrace Kanye. They sounded like disappointed parents on twitter when Kanye trotted out those bozos. Ultimately the clicks and attention are worth too much. Not covering DaBaby is easy. But not covering Kanye loses you money. It’s pathetic.

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
There’s a difference between forgiveness and consequences, Manson raped a woman. I’m not trying to see anyone associate with him at this point. It’s not even like he’s hot, making relevant music or some shyt. He’s fat and ugly these days, new music not popping. So why do shyt with him…on an album about god. It makes no sense.

He’s deliberately rounding up anyone controversial for attention. This is much easier than making good music.

on one hand it’s smart because it will always work. People will always talk about this stuff. But on the other hand it’s fukking disgusting and anyone supporting it should be ashamed of themselves.

and if he gets any heat, he always has the “b-b-b-but my mental health!” card in his pocket, which he knows he can play any time.

this is who he is, and who he has been for a while now.