Kanye (w/ Vic Mensa & Sia) - Wolves + Only One + Jesus Walks (SNL)

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Stop acting like anyone has a problem with 'Ye venturing away from hip hop and rap. Are you forgetting how heavy people fukk with 808s and Heartbreaks? MBDTF? Yeezus? We're thirsting for new shyt that isn't what we've always heard.. nikkas right now are spawning a whole 'nother culture.. it has evolved, and the tastemakers like Kanye, A$AP Rocky, Drake, Kendrick, etc. are responsible for that on different levels. There's no way Kanye's new releases even touch Drake or Lamar's new releases when you think about it.

Only One, FourFiveSeconds, and Wolves are trash in my opinion. Not because they aren't hip hop, but because they are just not good. I listen to fukking KPop, JPop, Grimes, Crystal Castles, Purity Ring, etc. and this is just watered down bullshyt. He's trying to expand even more into cac world obviously.. he's fukking with Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift.. are you completely oblivious, or do you really believe this new shyt is great? It's obvious what he is trying to do. I'm hoping his next drop actually isn't just some hollow shyt. I expect him to amaze at this point in his vital point in his career.. this is not amazing whatsoever. I fukking love Kanye and see his potential, and it's disappointing to not see him come with monumental shyt when the spotlight on him is so bright.

Just curious, who do you like in JPOP breh? M-flo is the GOAT, I'm being serious here too.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
"Hip Hop T-shirt"... $120... I'm still amazed he got away with that one :heh:

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
the part right when vic mesna bout to start...ye looks over to him like "dont fukk up ur moment, or youll never get to perform this song again" :heh:

this is gonna be even weirder when he starts performing this on tour, with this nikka crawling with some demonic visuals on the screen :dead:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
:what:

so me saying a nikka rolling around on the ground and crawling while singing being wild corny equates to me wanting uncle fukkin murder to perform on snl....uncle murder? This is why discussing hip hop shyt with 19 year olds in 2015 is retarded..
:heh:we weren't discussing hip-hop
this thread is about a song by kanye west
it ain't rap b

and my point was it's funny how nikkas flip out to anything falling outside the rap/hiphop box

I was just being an a$$hole with the uncle murder bullshyt
because that's the type of nikka the type of sound that is rigidly rap/hip hop/urban
inflexible unadaptable anti-cac music so to speak:pachaha:

it ain't even really about if you think the song is good or not
I just want to know why folk are so uncomfortable with new visual and sonic aesthetics

really though we all have our own perspectives
and the art that fits within that space is what we tend to fukk with

what's an opinion worth anyway
fukk it:yeshrug:*

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
kanye is no longer a rapper/hip-hop artist outright anymore

if you consider all genres outside rap/hip-hop/r&b to be cac music

then koonye as you would have it is a cac music artist:mjlol:

:mjcry:*

Adidacs

All Star
Daps
tysonreaction.gif

I pointed out my favorite non-rap acts.. vague condescending gifs don't belong in a real discussion.

Just curious, who do you like in JPOP breh? M-flo is the GOAT, I'm being serious here too.

Perfume, Morning Musume, Aira Mitsuki, Girls Generation..

The majority is annoying trash, but you will find some next level stuff occasionally.

Last edited:

Marl0 Stanfield

Yeshua Ben YHWH
Daps
Reppin
Ojala
Me and my playa patna saw the Only One:merchant::snoop:video on Mtv Jams for a split second before he turned to a Martin rerun. It was the one where Martin and Gina broke up and and Pam hooked Gina up wit David Allen Greer. Peace to teh later episodes of Martin where u can clearly see he's drunk as fukk.:banderas:

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
Me and my playa patna saw the Only One:merchant::snoop:video on Mtv Jams for a split second before he turned to a Martin rerun. It was the one where Martin and Gina broke up and and Pam hooked Gina up wit David Allen Greer. Peace to teh later episodes of Martin where u can clearly see he's drunk as fukk.:banderas:
What does the one have to do with the other? :mindblown:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
:heh:we weren't discussing hip-hop
this thread is about a song by kanye west
it ain't rap b

and my point was it's funny how nikkas flip out to anything falling outside the rap/hiphop box

I was just being an a$$hole with the uncle murder bullshyt
because that's the type of nikka the type of sound that is rigidly rap/hip hop/urban
inflexible unadaptable anti-cac music so to speak:pachaha:

it ain't even really about if you think the song is good or not
I just want to know why folk are so uncomfortable with new visual and sonic aesthetics

really though we all have our own perspectives
and the art that fits within that space is what we tend to fukk with

what's an opinion worth anyway
fukk it:yeshrug:*

No one has an issue with "anything falling outside the rap/hiphop box"...I don't think there is one person anywhere on this website that only listens to rap, I know I don't. I love music, period. No one is "uncomfortable with new visual and sonic aesthetics"...these things are welcomed if they are GOOD. These 3 records that were released so far are bland and weak. It has nothing to do with Kanye exploring new ways of doing music, there's thousands of songs that sound exactly like only one, fourfive seconds and wolves....so miss me with that. 808's had records that were dope, records that weren't rap shyt...creative records that were done well from the songwriting all the way to the production. These 3 joints released so far sound hollow..empty...and scream "look at me...i'm art guys"...shyt is forced, unlike 808. Having Rihanna and Paul Mccartney on the same song alone does not make it dope, I don't fall for that kind of hype...the music has to be dope. Having Sia and Vic Mensa crawl around on stage does not scream art or dope to me....it's you and 2 other musicians crawling around the fukking stage singing a song i'm not feeling.

If the music isn't dope and if the performance of said music isn't dope....the shyt isn't dope....and this has nothing to do with genre's or anything of the sort. If yall loving anything deemed different, so be it...enjoy

No one will be remember this SNL performance in a month...but ask someone if they remember when 'Ye had the MPC on stage at that one awards show, banging on the pads to play the Runaway sample. You'll probably be engaged in a convo about how dope and memorable that was. That was art.

Last edited:

volk

Daps
Reppin
LA
shyt is weak.

There's that one dope ass part in Wolves.. the "woo ooh oo ooooh" hook at the end, but he completely fukks it up with that "I'm just way too bad for you" bullshyt that sounds horrible.. and "Only One" is straight garbage water, idc. Don't even get me on that "FourFiveSeconds" record.. shyt is terrible.

nikka drops Yeezus and then gets on this bullshyt right after :scust:

fukk. :mjcry:

That line ruins it for me too, sounds good before that. Corny line, Trey Songz has a song that has that exact line repeated a few times :aicmon:

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
No one has an issue with "anything falling outside the rap/hiphop box"...I don't think there is one person anywhere on this website that only listens to rap, I know I don't. I love music, period. No one is "uncomfortable with new visual and sonic aesthetics"...these things are welcomed if they are GOOD. These 3 records that were released so far are bland and weak. It has nothing to do with Kanye exploring new ways of doing music, there's thousands of songs that sound exactly like only one, fourfive seconds and wolves....so miss me with that. 808's had records that were dope, records that weren't rap shyt...creative records that were done well from the songwriting all the way to the production. These 3 joints released so far sound hollow..empty...and scream "look at me...i'm art guys"...shyt is forced, unlike 808. Having Rihanna and Paul Mccartney on the same song alone does not make it dope, I don't fall for that kind of hype...the music has to be dope. Having Sia and Vic Mensa crawl around on stage does not scream art or dope to me....it's you and 2 other musicians crawling around the fukking stage singing a song i'm not feeling.

If the music isn't dope and if the performance of said music isn't dope....the shyt isn't dope....and this has nothing to do with genre's or anything of the sort. If yall loving anything deemed different, so be it...enjoy

YOU GOTTA REMEMBER WE ONLY HEARD ONE SONG FROM KANYE IN CDQ FROM THE NEW ALBUM

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
YOU GOTTA REMEMBER WE ONLY HEARD ONE SONG FROM KANYE IN CDQ FROM THE NEW ALBUM

:what:

the clarity of the song won't change how I feel about em...the fukk. Every other record he premiered with a live performance was dope to me off jump. It's still the same song...just live...you're not gonna get a completely different joint when you the cdq or album drops...lol

c'mon son