Kansas Supreme Court: Citizens don't have a fundamental right to vote

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
“One gets the impression reading the dissents that they think of the ‘right to vote’ in talismanic terms, as though it were a kind of superpower of citizenship, to be wielded in times of trouble whenever and wherever desired,”

Uhh, that’s exactly what the fukk it is…

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Now you're talking in circles. But all the laws that you say don't help Black people solely. Those are the responses. That actually help Black people.

I'm not talking laws on the books im talking about actions... ACTIONS...:comeon:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I'm not talking laws on the books im talking about actions... ACTIONS...:comeon:

Passing laws is action. Bringing bills to a vote is action. Governing properly is action.

So what actions exactly are looking for them to do? Give 3 examples. Hell. Give 1 clear, explicit example.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
It's almost as if Republicans in this country never really believed in Democracy :ohhh:
Friend, this country has NEVER been a democracy in reductionist terms, irrespective of party affiliation. The problem quite frankly is the overwhelming influence of wealthy actors and lobbying that all elected officials have become beholden to. You have a Supreme Court justice stating, on record, that they need to be paid more, so my man is chilling with billionaires who have cases BEFORE the Supreme Court. Madness.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Passing laws is action. Bringing bills to a vote is action. Governing properly is action.

So what actions exactly are looking for them to do? Give 3 examples. Hell. Give 1 clear, explicit example.

Give me a second...:jbhmm: what about using the DOJ to criminally punish those republicans that break the laws in their states... redlining is illegal and yet none of the republican b*stards are ever held for punishment...

getting biased judges that trump put in or these judges DISBARRED.. the bar association been mighty quiet on this situation how can you trust a judges judgement if they are compromised??? kwim. the left doesnt PUSH HARD ENOUGH....

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Friend, this country has NEVER been a democracy in reductionist terms, irrespective of party affiliation. The problem quite frankly is the overwhelming influence of wealthy actors and lobbying that all elected officials have become beholden to. You have a Supreme Court justice stating, on record, that they need to be paid more, so my man is chilling with billionaires who have cases BEFORE the Supreme Court. Madness.

FACTS :wow:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Give me a second...:jbhmm: what about using the DOJ to criminally punish those republicans that break the laws in their states... redlining is illegal and yet none of the republican b*stards are ever held for punishment...

getting biased judges that trump put in or these judges DISBARRED.. the bar association been mighty quiet on this situation how can you trust a judges judgement if they are compromised??? kwim. the left doesnt PUSH HARD ENOUGH....

You mean like Donald Trump. And his cohorts. :comeon:

Because they're not redlining based on the federal defiition. You know that they discriminate in a way that the law can't or have extreme difficulty prosecuting. Ex: credit scores, rap sheets, income-debt ratio, etc.

You can't disbar judges only for being biased. They have to have actually broken the law.

You asking them to go down a path that they can't legally pursue. Do you understand the system that you are in? The rules? Is everything going to be an emotional response with no understanding of legal or political recourse?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You mean like Donald Trump. And his cohorts. :comeon:

Because they're not redlining based on the federal defiition. You know that they discriminate in a way that the law can't or have extreme difficulty prosecuting. Ex: credit scores, rap sheets, income-debt ratio, etc.

You can't disbar judges only for being biased. They have to have actually broken the law.

You asking them to go down a path that they can't legally pursue. Do you understand the system that you are in? The rules? Is everything going to be an emotional response with no understanding of legal or political recourse?

...and yet the republicans get to do what they want with no consequences. :francis: voting aint doing nothing but stemming the tide because the majority of dems refuse to do what is necessary to protect the people. like i said weak corrupt and ineffective no wonder everyone walking away from them.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
...and yet the republicans get to do what they want with no consequences. :francis: voting aint doing nothing but stemming the tide because the majority of dems refuse to do what is necessary to protect the people. like i said weak corrupt and ineffective no wonder everyone walking away from them.

They get to vote on whatever they want and a higher court agrees or disagrees. The voter gets the opportunity to vote them out, if they vote, of course.

So voting and not knowing what you're doing and expecting a miracle leads to you being disappointed with unrealistic expectations of how government works.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They get to vote on whatever they want and a higher court agrees or disagrees. The voter gets the opportunity to vote them out, if they vote, of course.

So voting and not knowing what you're doing and expecting a miracle leads to you being disappointed with unrealistic expectations of how government works.

So when you vote and still lose and they still get to do what they want because that's democracy what happens then...:beli:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Just like Texas defied the US government when it came to policing the borders, which is defined as the responsibility of the feds in the constitution, given the way these folks are acting don't be shocked that even if the feds rule against this they ignore the judgement of the feds.

It once again becomes a question will the feds have the balls to enforce, through possible force, their order.
Many ways the Feds can enforce the order and it don’t have to be through military action…. All Biden has to do which is under his authority is to federalize the Kansas national guard so now Kansas has no state law enforcement apparatus… Or Biden can completely cut the state off from federal aid… Kansas will get their act together real quick