Kamala's Racial Identity Discussion

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
The goalposts have clearly shifted as well. Muhfukkas done went from she's not "ZJTV" or whichever stupid acronym they're claiming to "she's not Black" -- which one is it? There's been WAY too much talk about "the problem with flat blackness" to go back now

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Jamaica is a place, it doesnt make you an ethnic group there's people of all ethnicities living in jamaica... Lets be clear her father doesnt claim black he said himself he's indian irish and Jamaican....

You're lying, as you often do. Where has he ever claimed Indian ancestry? Several posters traced his genealogy in another thread and he has 3 Black grandparents and 1 White grandparent, there were no Indians anywhere in his ancestry and we went all the way back to before the first Indians came to Jamaica.

And Kamala's parents met at Berkeley's Afro-American Association, one of the most prominent Black radical student groups of the 1960s, where Kamala's dad was the featured speaker. She grew up surrounded by the group members who basically rasied her. So he was definitely claiming Black back then.

This isn't the first time you've gotten caught lying while smearing Dems, but you never lie to smear Republicans. Why is that?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Just gonna copy-paste the same response in every thread. The claim that she doesn't claim black is a straight lie.

20240727_FNP002.jpg

ST_20200816_XKAMALA5O3N_5890560.jpg

swingset.jpg

DsnqyPpTHmQWnKovy2qGAU.png

38242070-9167149-image-a-19_1611137295791.jpg

sp-86-on-the-yard.jpg

0) Kamala's dad had 3 black grandparents (1 dark-skinned, 2 light-skinned) and 1 white grandparent. None of his grandparents had any known Chinese or Indian ancestry or name.

0) Parents met at the Afro-American Association where her dad was the featured speaker, remained prominent members and surrounded Kamala with active Black radicals throughout her upbrining.

1) Identified as Black as a child, lived in a predominantly Black neighborhood, attended a Black Baptist church, spent lots of time at the neighborhood Black community center, was bussed as a Black student

2) Her best friends were Black girls in at her 40% black high school and one of them lived with her for a year in her own room

3) Went to a Black HBCU

4) Pledged to AKA, a Black sorority

5) Became president of the Black Law Students Association in grad school

6) Dated prominent Black men in adulthood in the 1990s and 2000s

7) Won the Thurgood Marshall Award in 2005 from the Black Prosecutors Association

8) "What I suggest we do as African Americans is own this issue in law enforcement and then define it in the way that works for us because it is a myth, to say that African Americans don’t want law enforcement.” - from a 2006 conference of Black leaders on crime

9) From a 2007 article on Obama's candidacy: "The conversation highlights the lack of information that people in general have about African American contributions." Harris, who attended Howard University, said many Americans -- of all social and racial backgrounds -- have a limited perception of black people. In college, she saw African American men and women in leotards studying ballet in the arts department, young women with briefcases in business school, African Americans in lab coats studying medicine and in street clothes protesting actions on Capitol Hill. "We are diverse and multifaceted," Harris said. "People are bombarded with stereotypical images and so they are limited in their ability to imagine our capacity."

10) Spoke as the featured speaker at Black Prosecutors Association events, including one she hosted in San Francisco in 2010

11) "I was the first woman elected, first African American woman elected, and Asian American elected in the state as a district attorney." - from a 2012 interview with The Wrap

12) Was a leader in the Black Congressional Caucus

13) “She had two Black babies, and she raised them to be two Black women.” - Kamala speaking about her mother in a 2016 NYT interview

14) “My mother understood very well that she was raising two black daughters. She knew that her adopted homeland would see Maya and me as black girls, and she was determined to make sure we would grow into confident, proud black women.” - From her autobiography

15) “I’m Black, and I’m proud of being Black. I was born Black. I will die Black, and I’m not going to make excuses for anybody because they don’t understand.” - 2019 interview

16) "For other people who can’t figure out am I ‘black enough,’ I kinda feel like that’s their problem, not mine. Maybe they need to go back to school to figure it out. And maybe they need to learn about the African diaspora and maybe they need to learn about a number of other things.” - From another 2019 interview

17) "It affects everything about who I am,” she said. “Growing up as a black person in America made me aware of certain things that, maybe if you didn’t grow up black in America, you wouldn’t be aware of.” - Yet another interview

18) “When you’re at an HBCU, and especially one with the size and with the history of Howard University — and also in the context of also being in D.C., which was known forever as being ‘Chocolate City’ — it just becomes about you understanding that there is a whole world of people who are like you. It’s not just about there are a few of us who may find each other.” - Yet another interview

19) "On January 20, 2021, Kamala Harris was sworn in as Vice President – the first woman, the first Black American, and the first South Asian American to be elected to this position." - the very first line in her official White House bio since 2021.

20) “I grew up in a community where it was an extended family of people who told all of us as children [that] we were young, gifted, and Black." - Kamala at the 2024 Essence Fest

Damn, cleanup on Aisle 4 :damn:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Believe It or not black folks used to do them in the bathtub in our grandmother's time. To me in my head it sounds unsanitary. They'd use that comet and get that shyt clean af.

Anyway: I never had them with bacon, always was with hamhock
Exactly.

Bacon and neckbone in mine growing up.

Before wife went vegan I started doin smoked turkey instead of neckbone

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
They tried to tie him to Jeremiah Wright...they played this clip all day everyday and still lost :mjlol:

I actually like minister Wright. I listened to him when he preached at Wheeler Southern in Texas.

Obama is black. Kumarla is Indian. Black people don't wash greens in the tub. Jamaicans are hard on black people, i.e, prison reform.

If I had to pick my poison for president excluding the green party or independents, Kumarla all day. If Trump won, would I care, fụck no.

I'm tired of all these political threads. Why can't we just fairly shıt on people without making it political?