Kamala Harris Presidential Campaign (Official Thread)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Explain how this would even be possible.

:beli: How many times have we seen this bait and switch shyt from these politicians for years... :comeon: These muthafukkas be outright lying out they ass... I aint falling for this bullshyt it's happened over and over and over... enough is enough... I'll believe if it ever gets signed into law...

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't try to play semantics. This is a weak spirited move on her part. Why are you stanning so hard for this bytch, when she hasn't even made it to the primaries yet?

I'm not stanning for her at all. Just wanted to talk about the policy at hand.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i'm convinced some of yall just want to stay miserable if we can't win it all in one shot.

i don't know enough about kamala or many of the candidates on the left to trust them at this point. i do know a lot about the current admin, conservatives, and republicans to know we need them outta here promptly.

another point we need to talk about more is promoting and supporting the type of congressmen and congresswomen (you know, the people who actually write laws and legislation) who will push our agenda.

think in 4-8 year blocks. the house of representatives have unlimited 2 year terms. senate has 6 year terms. we have to get repubs out of the white house and congressional majorities. and keep people we vote for in if their doing what we want or vote them out. we can't give up and then complain when things don't get done.

conservatives in gov have proven they will promote an anti-black agenda. i don't understand why some of yall still be on some ...we don't vote for them so why would they support us??? tell me this, what legislation have republicans come up with on their own to show they would be supportive to the black agenda?

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"what does it matter" It matters because it makes the money meaningless. Inflation will cancel out any alleged "stimulus" and OUR group needs what is owed, not help that will go to potential rivals without glass ceilings/landowning poor whites with built in privilege and connections.
All these "but black poor people will benefit ALSO" posts are bullshyt. That fake coalition mentality is bullshyt, and these "other poor" people are not allies of our community. We are in competition with them.

So any policy that helps non-whites in any capacity is a non starter for you even if it helps disproportionately more blacks too?

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Won’t this overwhelmingly go to non black people?

This is like saying I should be happy about affirmative action when it mostly goes to non black people but some negros got helped too

This does nothing to improve the racial wealth gap

I don't understand this sentiment. More blacks are disproportionately affected by poverty. Being against a policy that disproportionately would help more blacks than whites, only because it also helps some whites, seems odd to me.

If you're starving and I gave you a pizza, why would you care that I gave somebody else a pizza too? You eating nikka.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
she literally could 'propose' anything

doesn't mean shyt until its signed into law

Are we not supposed to vote for candidates based upon, among other things, their policy proposals they plan to implement when they get into office?

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Are we not supposed to vote for candidates based upon, among other things, their policy proposals they plan to implement when they get into office?
We are supposed to vote for candidates that at least appear to have a track record of helping AADOS people.

I'm not sure if you're an Agent or not, but Kamala is not the person to die on the hill for breh

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
I don't understand this sentiment. More blacks are disproportionately affected by poverty. Being against a policy that disproportionately would help more blacks than whites, only because it also helps some whites, seems odd to me.

If you're starving and I gave you a pizza, why would you care that I gave somebody else a pizza too? You eating nikka.
Black are disproportionately impoverished but there are still much more white people in this country who meet the requirements of this initiative. Again black people are disproportionately unemployed, affirmative action still doesn’t benefit us nor does it help the problem.

Um I would care if I’m starving but the other person has enough food but you give us the same size slice of pizza or a relative amount of slices that doesn’t make us equal when it comes to having food.
I’m still starving and barely getting by on this slice of pizza and this other person now just has more food.

If I have 100 dollars and you have 20 and we both get 50 dollars how did that improve the disparity? It just increased the numbers on paper. It did nothing. White people got specific policies to benefit them. We need specific policies. Not the rising tides rhetoric

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are supposed to vote for candidates that at least appear to have a track record of helping AADOS people.

I'm not sure if you're an Agent or not, but Kamala is not the person to die on the hill for breh

Her track record leave's much to be desired. But her policy proposals going forward are important also. No harm in analyzing her plans for the future.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black are disproportionately impoverished but there are still much more white people in this country who meet the requirements of this initiative. Again black people are disproportionately unemployed, affirmative action still doesn’t benefit us nor does it help the problem.

Um I would care if I’m starving but the other person has enough food but you give us the same size slice of pizza or a relative amount of slices that doesn’t make us equal when it comes to having food.
I’m still starving and barely getting by on this slice of pizza and this other person now just has more food.

If I have 100 dollars and you have 20 and we both get 50 dollars how did that improve the disparity? It just increased the numbers on paper. It did nothing. White people got specific policies to benefit them. We need specific policies. Not the rising tides rhetoric

Saying that black people doesn't benefit from affirmative action is a lie.

You're analogy is off, because this policy we're talking about in particular is means tested. In simple terms, everybody who's getting the pizza is starving.