Kamala Harris Campaign Spending More Money With White Companies And Neglecting Black Operatives

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
She could move heaven and earth and still not get every black vote.

Obama didn't in '08.

I get that but black people are the ones that are going to knock on the doors and call bank for you and chase those MAGA voters. Outreach isn't necessarily about getting black people to vote. Also we shouldn't take our peoples votes for granted anyway but thats just me :hubie:.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Big business in "political" work. Trump was able to wash 600M in 2020 through literal 1,000s of LLC's. 2026 you all need to open up a black political consolation company. Get out to Vote Atlanta LLC. Build a descent website and spit game at the candidate's handlers. They don't know nor care where that money goes. Kamala literally has too much money to know what to do with. As long as you look legit, you can hit a lick.
:sas1:
Scamming is in every industry.
:youngsabo:

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Black Democratic operatives and minority-owned firms are raising alarms over spending practices in Vice President Kamala Harris’ presidential campaign. They accuse the campaign of favoring white-owned vendors while sidelining Black-owned firms. The controversy, first reported by NOTUS, a nonprofit newsroom created by the Allbritton Journalism Institute, has caused growing frustration among Democratic leaders, operatives, and donors. Many fear that these missteps could harm Harris’ standing with voters of color in the crucial weeks before Election Day.
Just off the the name, I thought "NOTUS" was some We Got Y'all type organization. Wrong. :mjlol:

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I'm sorry but this article isn't clear. Is it black owned firms in general to support a campaign or those doing outreach? Either or, we know politics is a relationship oriented business so their rapport must not be all that important. :manny: Another story of blacks (or acclaimed) begging to be in someone else's club.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Them nikkas was about to ball out of that extra payout they thought was coming. Probably had the vacation planned out and everything.
Exactly. They got $1.5M why were they expecting any more than that for advertising? The fact the article cited her whole campaign war chest size as some kind of proof they’re getting shorted is suspect.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Their disappointment will not end with just this. If the fear is another Trump presidency, then it should not matter to them. Their goal should not be trying to get on the gravy train, but trying to make sure Trump does not get into office. If all they care about is the money they thought they would be getting by supporting her, then were they really concerned with what is best for Black people or only concerned for what is best for themselves?

I do not expect anything great from her. I do not expect her to help my people at all. All I expect from her is to defeat Trump, perhaps put up some new Supreme Court Justices who are not far Right leaning, and also in turn hinder any ideas about enacting some 2025 plan they have. Trump is pretty old, so hopefully he passes away before the next election comes around.

Also, it is not Trump being President that I am concerned about. It is those who voice support for him that gives me pause. They want to make him a King, they consider him sent by God. People like that are dangerous if given the power to enact their beliefs. So while I do not like what the Democrats are doing, I find what the supporters for Trump desire to be a greater concern. So Kamala has my vote, only because she is the only one that has a chance of heading off at the pass the insanity that Trump supporters want to push through. Outside of that, again, I express that I do not expect much from her and even don't consider her being for my people at all.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Democrats know they have the majority of the black vote in the bag no matter what. Why spend a bunch of money or make promises trying to sway a voting block that is gonna vote for you no matter what? That's a waste of resources.
That's what it sounds like. She gave lip service at the NABJ but literally not putting her money where he mouth is. :snoop:

Already on the path Hillary on. :francis::snoop:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
One point of contention is Harris’ underinvestment in the National Newspaper Publishers Association (NNPA), representing more than 200 Black-owned newspapers and media companies collectively known as the Black Press of America. In June, the Harris campaign signed a modest $1.5 million advertising and partnership deal with NNPA, which pales compared to the near-billion-dollar fundraising total. The Black Press, which has been a trusted voice in Black communities for nearly 198 years, has long played a crucial role in informing and mobilizing Black voters.

Founded in New York in 1827, before the end of slavery, the Black Press of America remains a cornerstone of communication within Black communities. As the NNPA prepares to celebrate the Black Press’ 200th anniversary, many argue that a stronger investment from Harris, who has publicly vowed to support Black businesses, is warranted and necessary.

This is article is worth reading just for this information. I didn't know.:ohhh::leon:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Frustration has also been mounting within the campaign itself. NOTUS reported that sources close to the campaign said while Harris has repeatedly directed her team to prioritize spending with minority-owned vendors, that directive has not been consistently implemented. Over a dozen campaign staffers, vendors, and external advisers told NOTUS that they have seen little follow-through.

Harris needs to handle this asap because if people in your camp are trying to undermine you now, think of what will happen when you take office.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
"The forest was shrinking but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them"
That is a good analogy, but I do not consider it working in this instance. Why? Well, because while the people are voting for the "axe", they are also voting against the "chainsaw".

Jill Stein is not a valid alternative, because she is not even on every state's ballot.

Screenshot-2024-09-25-143416.png

So she has no chance at all to win the election. So the only options really at the moment are the "axe" and the "chainsaw".