Daps
oh naw… she’s about to get the whole industry :whoo:

Screenshot-2024-07-21-at-20-43-49.png
What does that mean

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wonder how much work Kamala put in re: her public speaking behind the scenes? IMO, I was actually surprised with the confidence and ease she showed during the NC rally. I've been kinda checked out on her as a VP after having a bad taste during her primary (and the leaks about her from staff altho I may be confusing some of it w/ Klobuchar).

Maybe I've just been to used to holding my breath w/ Biden, but watching her during the speech, her mannerisms seem more informal and natural... more what you'd see in a 1-on-1 convo which really reels in audiences a la Barack, and her pacing is solid. It legit looks like she memorized the speech even if she's glancing at the teleprompters in-between sentences:

(timestamped to skip the salute to the soldiers and other fluff)

Also on another note, lowkey the best analogy I can think of for Kamala is that joke about not having to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun the other guy trying to escape the bear... Kamala is not 2008 Obama (altho she speaks better than 2020 Kamala), but she doesn't have to be that good, just better than the current version of Trump who is no longer in his prime.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I wonder how much work Kamala has been working on re: her public speaking behind the scenes? IMO, I was actually surprised with the confidence and ease she showed during the NC rally. I've been kinda checked out on her as a VP after having a bad taste during her primary (and the leaks about her from staff altho I may be confusing some of it w/ Klobuchar).

Maybe I've just been to used to holding my breath w/ Biden, but watching her during the NC rally and her mannerisms seem more informal and natural... more what you'd see in a 1-on-1 convo which really reels in audiences a la Barack, and her pacing is solid. It legit looks like she memorized the speech even if she's glancing at the teleprompters in-between sentences:

Also on another note, lowkey the best analogy I can think of for Kamala is that joke about not having to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun the other guy trying to escape the bear... Kamala is not 2008 Obama, but she doesn't have to be that good, just better than the current version of Trump who is no longer in his prime.
When she popped out following the debate doing reaction interviews…people were SHOCKED. This was minutes after the debate finished.

Maddow, AC, etc all said they wanted THAT Kamala on the ticket.

She stole the show that night.

Peep what maddow and Lawrence O’Donnell said:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I wonder how much work Kamala put in re: her public speaking behind the scenes? IMO, I was actually surprised with the confidence and ease she showed during the NC rally. I've been kinda checked out on her as a VP after having a bad taste during her primary (and the leaks about her from staff altho I may be confusing some of it w/ Klobuchar).

Maybe I've just been to used to holding my breath w/ Biden, but watching her during the speech, her mannerisms seem more informal and natural... more what you'd see in a 1-on-1 convo which really reels in audiences a la Barack, and her pacing is solid. It legit looks like she memorized the speech even if she's glancing at the teleprompters in-between sentences:

Also on another note, lowkey the best analogy I can think of for Kamala is that joke about not having to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun the other guy trying to escape the bear... Kamala is not 2008 Obama (altho she speaks better than 2020 Kamala), but she doesn't have to be that good, just better than the current version of Trump who is no longer in his prime.

part of it is that she she 20 years younger and sharper. she still should loosen up a little. but, she's competent. Biden wasn't anymore.

There's a lot of pundit talk that her 2020 was such a failure, but lots of campaigns fail, no one says Buttigeg embarrassed himself, he just lost. and she didn't really embarrass her self, just wasn't ready for the Presidency.

she has a delicate dance though, head to the center, keep the left in play. They need a central campaign idea, BESIDES the former president. Something to sell to voters.