Justice League officially flops. Only $94m opening week... Less than Iron Man 1 (2008) and GoTG

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
5256323-5208424-5454946554-9erfh.gif
Captain America laughing at em

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Wouldn't call it a flop when it's banked $300 million worldwide.

Does need to reach the $600 -750 million mark to break even tho.

Whether it does that:yeshrug:

I mean there are a lot of things I wouldn’t call a flop either...... but Coli told me earlier this summer that this was gonna easily do a billon and due to its competition not making a billion, the flopped.

So is the truth of the matter now or then?:jbhmm:

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
its over, we finally won:spidermanblessed:

i wanna shout out my marvel gang brehs who held it down from day one:IseeyouplayboiMarvel:

and to the haters and clark kents, keep holding that justice :YodaL:eague sized L

Updated for accuracy :skip:

Martha

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
I mean there are a lot of things I wouldn’t call a flop either...... but Coli told me earlier this summer that this was gonna easily do a billon and due to its competition not making a billion, the flopped.

So is the truth of the matter now or then?:jbhmm:

Martha
It's made $300 million and it's not even been a week yet. I can't say it is going to do a billi or not but i do know anything under the $600 million mark is well short of expectations as a super hero film (with established characters) as well as having forked out a lot of money to make the film and market it.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
It's made $300 million and it's not even been a week yet. I can't say it is going to do a billi or not but i do know anything under the $600 million mark is well short of expectations as a super hero film (with established characters) as well as having forked out a lot of money to make the film and market it.

Coli also told me this summer that International don’t matter and there were posters calling Marvel brehs idiots for talking about international and making comments about “Bu Bu Bu Bu Bu only like 7% of that is recouped back”:skip:

Martha

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
'Justice League': When a $94 Million Opening Weekend Is a Flop

Wow... But get this dude Snyder outta here... and every last exec

They already got Snyder out of there, this was majority of Whedon.

Also wrote this in the main thread.

Was listening to Campea say how Marvel fans shouldn't be happy about the low opening because it's a bad look to casual fans who don't care about the DC/Marvel battle.

I guess he's right some people just see superheroes.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Waiting on second week numbers. I think a lot of people were not going based on critic reviews. Let's see how it goes with the general moviegoer word of mouth.

Word of mouth will kill this movie. Everyone I talked to in real life that has seen it to said it was boring and bland and I agree with them.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Why are we calling a first week end a flop though ? Can we wait til the movie is not showing in theaters anymore ? :jbhmm:

Call a film that hasn't finished its run a flop bruhs

These big movies make most of their money first weekend. Its 50%+ drops every weekend thereafter for the most part.

Y'all acting like this is some platforming indie.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
These big movies make most of their money first weekend. Its 50%+ drops every weekend thereafter for the most part.

Y'all acting like this is some platforming indie.
Indeed. Good word of mouth will keep films going, this one doesn't have that so it will free fall. Their only hope like most of these flicks is ww numbers.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
some people missing the damn point once again. "how is it a flop" b/c it's the fukkin Justice League. that should print money. $600-700 mil? The fukkin Justice League should make a bil in its sleep. This is terrible news for them.

That flaming pile of shyt Suicide Squad made more in it's opening weekend. More than Batman and fukkin Superman, Wonder Woman, the first real appearance of Flash and Aquaman... Will Smith doesn't have that much damn star power
Yeah what this shows is that people just don't trust the DC Brand.