Just when you thought cacs did it all.....

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Yup, a rebuttal fit for a true clown. You know absolutely nothing about my life. Even if my degree isn't as good as yours and I am "below your tax bracket" (which might not be true at all judging by how angry you are) - I am far from broke or uneducated . And on top of that, I am pretty damn young and I'm doing well for my age, much better than a lot of my peers. I'm happy with where I'm at - are you?
yes you are far below my pay grade
you are an effeminate, cornball who stays angry at black men for fukking the white women who laugh at you daily

it is hilarious to read you angst filled replies
you are a bitter and lonely virgin:russ:

stay mad ofay:yeshrug:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Screen-Shot-2014-01-21-at-2.19.17-PM.png
http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/will-smith-the-fukk.gif
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-10450-This-is-some-BULLshyt-man-gif-devO.gif

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
This is like the twentieth thread on this picture and it's already been pointed out on multiple occasions that there is a white version of that chair as well. I'm sure nobody will care, though, since it's so fun to be angry for no reason.

Yea, I'm late to the party, but I just looked over this picture everyone's been talking about and wanted to see what the Coli was saying about it.

Anyway, the juxtapose you're referring to is NOT on the same level as the the one above. First, the above picture is a stark contrast between the two participants-the white woman is conservatively dressed and is sitting in a non-sexual fashion whereas the black woman is dressed in a very sexually provocative way and is in an overtly sexual position. Second, I know the black "woman" is a doll, but that is inconsequential to the image that is being intentionally displayed.

Honestly, when I first heard of the picture, I assumed the black woman would be on all fours and the woman would be sitting on her back. So, the first thing I noticed about the black woman was her "buck" position when first viewing the photo.

In the above image, the white woman is the clean-cut, conservative image of the "wife" while the black woman is the scantly clad, overtly sexual "whore." This piece of "art" is reiterating a message that is all too familiar-the white woman is standard of beauty and achievement while the black woman is the image of easy sex and uncontrolled libido. Not to mention, another racial image of the white woman sitting comfortably on top of the black woman.

As for the "white version", the image does not create the same imagery because BOTH men are naked and present a sexual connotation, which means that both are presenting the same sexual image. This creates a level of equality between the participants...as an old pimp saying goes "once you take your pants off, you and the b#tch are equal." Second, with the connotations that go along homosexuality and the masculine character, the same connotation of dominance is not overly abundant in the photo. Male dominance and homosexuality are not generally considered inclusive of each other, so the homosexual man sitting on top of another naked man in a sexual manner does not assert the same level of "dominance" as the woman, who we perceive to be straight and also fully clothed, sitting on top of the damn near naked and sexually alluring black female.

So, no, the "white version" is not the same nor does it provide the same connotation, but I'm sure you already know that deep down in spite of your comment.

The reality is, this picture is a dig at black women and the "black feminist" ideology that seems to be spreading. White women see the Twitter rants, the magazine articles and the general jargon coming from some black women. And they know that the large portion of it is simply a form of faux intellectualism that is really just a cover for the jealousy of the position of the white woman in the world(standard of beauty) and jealousy of her mate, the white male whom many black feminists covet and want for themselves. So, this piece of "art" was a response. Tariq Nasheed put together a nice breakdown in his latest Ustream video concerning the work.

Peace

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Tariq did a great job of breaking this down on his ustream show. This was basically an open diss to black women and was not "artistic" at all.