Just watched Cloud Atlas.....

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
I loved this, but its easy to see why someone would hate it. I can't wait to have time to sit through it again and really digest everything. The first time through is like a rollercoaster trying to connect themes and characters. I was fine with the ending and it wrapped up things enough for me. I agree that it won't be appreciated for a while. It's one of the most ambitious films ever made. It's a miracle someone was even able to script it out in a coherent way and put it on film.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Just watch it, and it's not for the average person. My GOD, what a movie :wow:

I mean, the hardest part of watching a movie like this is to not bring your usual sensibilities into it. You cannot bring any attitude that belittles, judges, or even questions the nuances of people's thinking, choices, and feelings. We all can be ignorant for the purpose of comedy, but even that breeds a cynical attitude towards something that forces us to do something as we watch.

Brehs, this movie did not force us to think, it forced us to believe. Believe not in our own shyt that we've either elevated or spat upon in our own lives. It forced you to look past the differences you had in each scenario, setting, and character. You had to try to believe what it was they were going through, and understand why their individual worlds were so important to them.

This might be the first time in any of my cinematic viewings in my life where I felt the emotion of a man's love for another man. Normally, I'm just like "Aight nikka, just do you", but watching this is like "Breh, don't do it. He's coming up the stairs. Your life is coming for you". :to:

It's amazing, because it's one of them flicks that can cause you to evaluate your own reality, trying to find the nuance of your existence that has meaning in all this madness. We saw lives of past that are beyond us, somewhat familiar, and very familiar. We saw futures that were imaginable and beyond imagination.

But the ultimate theme of this movie HAD to be water.

Water is what is seen throughout in one form or another. The man who shot himself died in a dry tub, withering away from his personal neglect. That lack of water represented a life already over, and without the will to live.

Cism Hanks nearly killed homie on the boat with that poison, but he was saved and salt water cleansed him :blessed:

Neo Seoul's waters were rising at the climax of humanity's loss of humanity, ready to wash the earth of the filth we had infected upon it.

HALLE SWAM OUT HER DAMN WINDSHIELD :damn:

But, I digress...

In the end, it was a fantastic piece of film that can easily be mistaken for trash. I akin it to "Southland Tales", as movies that force you to look past a premise that might come off as ridiculous, but ultimately tell a stories more profound than we may be ready for.

This movie theme is of water, which is what makes up our bodies. Like the GAWD Bruce Lee told us...

"Be like water". :wow:

Chris Mauro

Banned
Daps
watched it once and went :dwillhuh:

Didn't exactly think it sucked, but wasn't sure if it was good neither.

then left it alone.

Should I rewatch?

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
cloudatlasinfographic.png

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Thanks for the image.

Just watched this for a second time. Old Georgie is the worst character in the movie and almost undermines the seriousness of the entire effort. I understand what they were going for but they could have done a better job.

And yeah good point about cynicism while watching this movie. It makes you feel like a dyck by the end for all those type sentiments you might have.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Just finished watching this. I honestly have no idea how to describe what I just watched. I really enjoyed it tho.

You are but a drop in an ocean, - Yet what is any ocean, but a multitude of drops? :wow:

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Its amazing that I hyped ths movie up more than anyone but didnt see it. It was my 3rd most anticipated movie of 2012. Some amazing things transpired to make this absent from my movie catalog. But today...thia morning...i finally get to see it. Just started it...

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Just watch it, and it's not for the average person. My GOD, what a movie :wow:

I mean, the hardest part of watching a movie like this is to not bring your usual sensibilities into it. You cannot bring any attitude that belittles, judges, or even questions the nuances of people's thinking, choices, and feelings. We all can be ignorant for the purpose of comedy, but even that breeds a cynical attitude towards something that forces us to do something as we watch.

Brehs, this movie did not force us to think, it forced us to believe. Believe not in our own shyt that we've either elevated or spat upon in our own lives. It forced you to look past the differences you had in each scenario, setting, and character. You had to try to believe what it was they were going through, and understand why their individual worlds were so important to them.

This might be the first time in any of my cinematic viewings in my life where I felt the emotion of a man's love for another man. Normally, I'm just like "Aight nikka, just do you", but watching this is like "Breh, don't do it. He's coming up the stairs. Your life is coming for you". :to:

It's amazing, because it's one of them flicks that can cause you to evaluate your own reality, trying to find the nuance of your existence that has meaning in all this madness. We saw lives of past that are beyond us, somewhat familiar, and very familiar. We saw futures that were imaginable and beyond imagination.

But the ultimate theme of this movie HAD to be water.

Water is what is seen throughout in one form or another. The man who shot himself died in a dry tub, withering away from his personal neglect. That lack of water represented a life already over, and without the will to live.

Cism Hanks nearly killed homie on the boat with that poison, but he was saved and salt water cleansed him :blessed:

Neo Seoul's waters were rising at the climax of humanity's loss of humanity, ready to wash the earth of the filth we had infected upon it.

HALLE SWAM OUT HER DAMN WINDSHIELD :damn:

But, I digress...

In the end, it was a fantastic piece of film that can easily be mistaken for trash. I akin it to "Southland Tales", as movies that force you to look past a premise that might come off as ridiculous, but ultimately tell a stories more profound than we may be ready for.

This movie theme is of water, which is what makes up our bodies. Like the GAWD Bruce Lee told us...

"Be like water". :wow:

I typically don't like to up old threads, but this flick was all over Cinemax lately, completely flew under my radar. This perfectly sums it up for me. Definitely a dope flick that'll be looked at years from now. :salute:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
I typically don't like to up old threads, but this flick was all over Cinemax lately, completely flew under my radar. This perfectly sums it up for me. Definitely a dope flick that'll be looked at years from now. :salute:
I only watched it that one time, but it truly does deserve to be revisited it. Even rereading my review, I can't remember much of the movie.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
Never got around to seeing this. The whole concept of a three hour film dealing with past lives is :ld:

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
I only watched it that one time, but it truly does deserve to be revisited it. Even rereading my review, I can't remember much of the movie.

Even for a 3 hour flick, it kept my attention span 100% of the time. The future Korea was just a :wow: place in general, the set up w/ those fabricated women as the waitresses and then having her expose everything only to be looked at as a religious figure in the past future was crazy.

That line at the end about oceans being thousands of drops was :lawd: