Just watched Cloud Atlas.....

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Just saw the movie and it will be Cult Classic Status. 1st it's based on the book "Cloud Atlas" and the reason it flopped is sadly American Audiences just don't want to think. "The Matrix" would of flopped if it didn't have the action to mix with the deep themes. The movie is basically 6 stories that span 500 Years from the 1800's to 2400's. The stories are told out of order and jump back and forth for 3 hours. The 1st 45 minutes you are like "WTF is going on" then all the sudden you find yourself sucked into each story and invested in each one. As the movie goes on you start to notice the connections of each story.

The cast did an amazing job playing all the characters from each story. The movie deals with many themes including Love, Spirituality, Religion, Atheism, Homosexuality, Transgender, Good, Evil, Coincidence, Fate, Density, Control, Oppression, Slavery, Crime, Future, Consciousness, revolution. It's one of the most complex and ambitious films i've ever seen. It's easily the best sci-fi movie of the year over "Prometheus and Looper". It comes on DVD in February and a screener is flouting online. I suggest people spark one up and just go for a ride. Now out of the 6 stories, I would say 2 of them were kinda boring and 4 were really good but the 2 boring ones don't bring the movie down. I'm not shocked it flopped, it really is a complex movie and a hard sell. But I came out it wishing more filmmakers took risk like they did. I'm telling people, 20 years from now people are going to be wondering why this flopped. It truly is ahead of it's time:

Cloud-Atlas-Collage.jpg

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm about an hour in and this movie is crazy...

I love at the beginning dude talks about how if you pay attention and stick with it, all the madness will make sense.

I don't know whats going on but I'm still :krs:

Neo Seoul is cool as fukk :wow:

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
just downloaded this. For some reason its giving me this xenogears vibe.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
AMBITIOUS IS THE RIGHT WORD FOR IT, BROTHER!

THE DRAWBACK TO THAT LEVEL OF AMBITION IS THAT THE PAYOFF CAN'T POSSIBLY SEEM SATISFACTORY, DUDE! AT THE END OF THE MOVIE ALL WE GET IS "BE GOOD BECAUSE OUR ACTIONS AFFECT OTHER PEOPLE" AND THAT'S JUST TRITE IN COMPARISON TO THE EPIC STORY, JACK! FOR THREE HOURS, HULK WAS WONDERING WHAT ALL THIS GREAT shyt WAS GOING TO AMOUNT TO AND I FEEL LIKE ALL WE GOT WAS A FINGERPOKE OF DOOM, MEAN GENE!

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
SMH @ The Oscars. How did this not get nominated for Best Costume, Best Editing, Best Visual Effects and Best Score as well as Best Adapted Screenplay. For them to adapt 6 stories to a movie like this. This is going to end up being one of the most underrated movies of all time. It's probably going to take decades for people to catch up to how brilliant this was.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Watched it like two months ago.
Damned epic film was a lot to digest in
one sitting.

I'm surprised it got such bad reviews.

AlphaOne

OFT XI E Squad
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey / XO
@HHR

I'm thinking of blindbuying the UltraViolet, drop an opinion on the movie.

Never even heard of it till today. (Crazy considering I'm usually on top of the movie game.)

Last edited by a moderator: