Just watched Cloud Atlas.....

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Gonna have to check this in theater before it's gone....feels like a movie I'll never make it thru at home :heh:

YBE

Banned
Daps
That movie sucked ASS....huge Rhinoceros ass......I downloaded that muthafukka for free, and I felt more cheated at the end :aicmon:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I got MoviePass, I'm seeing it this week....maybe tomorrow afternoon :ehh:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I really liked it, but I could definitely see why someone wouldn't enjoy it. Its quite long and I honestly had little-to-no clue what was going on for at least half of it, but it wraps up quite nicely. Its certainly not the colossal travesty that film critics are calling it.

Time Magazine actually called it the worst of 2012 :shaq2:

Honestly, Id go as far to say that Cloud Atlas is completely incompatible with the qualitative and quantitative ways we gauge the success of a film. I honestly think appreciation for it hinges on a "humble" form of spirituality that most critics lack, because being an opinionated know-it-all is a career prerequisite. It also demands a good attention span, which lets face it, isn't typically required of a box-office success. I laughed and almost gave up a few times myself, then I remembered Kung Pow: Enter the Fist is one of my favourite films ever
:heh:

For some reason, I actually thought it was going to be a family movie (Tom Hanks fault maybe?) but I was surprised at how ridiculously unconventional and ambitious it was. Maybe Im used to seeing that type of thing from art-house stuff (like Synecdoche, New York), but I see Cloud Atlas as a wackier, messier version of Tree of Life (which was also awesome) with more cross-dressing
:troll:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
I really liked it, but I could definitely see why someone wouldn't enjoy it. Its quite long and I honestly had little-to-no clue what was going on for at least half of it, but it wraps up quite nicely. Its certainly not the colossal travesty that film critics are calling it.

Time Magazine actually called it the worst of 2012 :shaq2:

Honestly, Id go as far to say that Cloud Atlas is completely incompatible with the qualitative and quantitative ways we gauge the success of a film. I honestly think appreciation for it hinges on a "humble" form of spirituality that most critics lack, because being an opinionated know-it-all is a career prerequisite. It also demands a good attention span, which lets face it, isn't typically required of a box-office success. I laughed and almost gave up a few times myself, then I remembered Kung Pow: Enter the Fist is one of my favourite films ever
:heh:

For some reason, I actually thought it was going to be a family movie (Tom Hanks fault maybe?) but I was surprised at how ridiculously unconventional and ambitious it was. Maybe Im used to seeing that type of thing from art-house stuff (like Synecdoche, New York), but I see Cloud Atlas as a wackier, messier version of Tree of Life (which was also awesome) with more cross-dressing
:troll:

eddie_murphy_wtf_gif.gif