Just watched Above the Rim, a nikka almost cried on how things done change

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reminds me when I would try to guard my older cousin in basketball, he used to always be like Shep "Uh, nah, uh, GET OFF ME!" lol
Ay, me and my nikkas still do that shyt. :laff: And someone will always follow with "he playing without the ball".

Classic movie. The cast was goat.

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
like many have already stated, classic flick.

the cryptic and powerful opening with nutso and shep balling on the roof only to have nutso plummet to his death and shep wakes up from his recurring nightmare with the intro of "Pain" playing. shyt is too perfect, personally one of my favorite intro/openings of any movie period. the ending is also another perfectly scored moment with "Regulate" playing as they show the replay of Kyle pulling an Iverson moment at the washington bullets old home court.

there's too many dope moments and even little nods that the average cat ain't get like the legendary peewee kirkland being the Georgetown scout that Kyle runs up on and then eric nies of real world and the grind fame being the white point guard named montross who gets a schollie to UNC where another whiteboy with a buzz cut named "Montross" ended up going to in real life.

and last but not least, wood harris not aging one good damn bit from his flick to the remember the titans and to the wire. black don't crack indeed.
tumblr_mp1kwbyayW1qb8c3uo1_400.gif

check that link the dude posted earlier in the thread for the grantland artice on this movie, shyt is dope and hilarious.

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this movie captures everything about the full circle of black community that is absent in today's bull shyt culture. nikkas wearing clothes made by blacks, music was pure rap from brothers, no timberlake/miley feature bull shyt, no nikka glamorizing being fukked up on pills, just kush and gin and chasing hoes with a fat booty. Best part was that each song had a meaning, wasn't some quickly put together bull shyt tryna to catch a wave of a new trend.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Even from that little scene when he was just playing around you can tell Bernie Mac was a real old school Chi-Town hooper from his handles...

:wow:

That freestyle Marlon kicked in the car was classic and me and my brother still spit it to this day.. Was just saying it last week

"I'm so crazy, I kill my own mama
Cut her fat azz up, like Jeffery fukkin Dahmer
I'm a
Wild type of n1gga with the llama!!"

:laff:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Didn't know Duane Martin actually tried out for a NBA team bUT got cut and went on to pursue his acting career