Just started watching lost

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dead:

I watched from day 1 to the very end, breh:manny: I distinctly remember the SOHH thread and a lot of nikkas were mad at the finale and started getting tired of the show towards the end. Thing is, SOHH/the coli isn't really a good representation of the consensus opinion.

according to http://www.thebiggestboards.com/, i was posting on the 4th largest forum at the time. i'm not gathering my consensus from sohh

LOST was a pop culture phenomenon when it was on. Everybody and their mom watched it and everyone had their own theories and shyt that they loved to talk about everywhere. The finale wouldn't be so polarizing if people were only watching cause they invested time into it. People legit cared about the show during its run. Cats can't look me in the face and tell me they didn't care about the characters on that show. I remember cats legit sad over certain deaths. The flashback episodes always got rave reviews. Because people cared so much is why they react so strongly one way or the other when it's brought up. I'm not making up these reviews raving about the finale, brehs:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/05/24/lost-the-end-review

http://www.avclub.com/review/the-end-41436

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/television/reviews/2010-05-24-lostreview24_ST_N.htm

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2010/05/lost-finale.html

and that buzz you're talking about died long before the show ended.

lost_s1-5_ratings.jpg

dont have the ratings for s6 but it was lower than s5, so come on. #s dont lie. LOST came very close to getting cancelled. also, you can pull put those 4 reviews all day, but if i really wanted, i could find 10 negative LOST finale reviews for each one of those.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Im the type of nikka that cant just stop watching some shyt right? So, ill let you know this just because I forced myself thru 90 something episodes.

You will enjoy it for a few in the beginning, but eventually, every episode will give you the :stopitslime: face

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
according to http://www.thebiggestboards.com/, i was posting on the 4th largest forum at the time. i'm not gathering my consensus from sohh

and that buzz you're talking about died long before the show ended.

lost_s1-5_ratings.jpg

dont have the ratings for s6 but it was lower than s5, so come on. #s dont lie. LOST came very close to getting cancelled. also, you can pull put those 4 reviews all day, but if i really wanted, i could 10 negative LOST finale reviews for each one of those.
Feel free to find those 10 bad reviews for every good review. I'll help you out and post the metacritic page for the episode: http://www.metacritic.com/feature/lost-finale-review-season-6-episode-17-18

Looks like a lot of green to me
nnht.png

IMDB ranked it as the top show of the last decade last year:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/brad-pitt-johnny-depp-dark-knight-lost-imdb-top-10-284912
Top 10 TV Series of the Last 10 Years*

1. Lost
2. House M.D.
3. Grey's Anatomy
4. Heroes
5. How I Met Your Mother
6. 24
7. Glee
8. True Blood
9. Dexter
10. Gossip Girl

*Highest average ranking over the last 10 years.
nnht.png

Here are the ratings for the series:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_(TV_series)#Ratings
The sixth season was the lowest rated yet still averaged over 10 million viewers. For reference, Breaking Bad broke 10 million viewers for only one episode during its entire run: the series finale.
nnht.png

"Breaking Bad is on cable, doe:damn:"

So is The Walking Dead and that averaged over 10 million last season and hasn't had an episode under 11 million all of this season
nnht.png

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Not a big fan of the ending but overall it was great show imo. One of my favorite shows of all time.

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
I used to post in a few lost forums trying to understand the show it became a chore after season 4 and nobody was happy cause we figured out they couldnt possibly make any of this shyt make sense

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
First Mass Effect then football. These struggle analogies are tiring, breh:snoop: The 98 yards the receiver gained don't matter because the object of the game is to score points and he lost the opportunity to do that. A poor ending to a show (which I've already shown is a matter of opinion) doesn't stop someone from appreciating the rest of the show. To insist that that is the case is exhibiting a crazy lack of context and incredible short sightedness.
A TV show is story telling. If someone is telling you a story and they purposely keep you in the dark about important details then they get to the end of the story and give you the details they hid from you and they're fukking stupid it ruins the story to many people.

I watched Lost and very much enjoyed it but i didn't invest years into it i watched in an a few weeks of a marathon session before the final episode aired then watched that one live. If i would have invested 6 years or whatever into watching that show i would have been pissed.

Mass Effect and Lost is the perfect analogy. both sell you dreams (choice matters vs we have a plan and wrote it out)and when you go to cash them in you get a bunch of bullshyt. the fact that both fumbled in the end doesn't ruin the quality of what came before the fumble but the last memory one would be left with of either is how they blew it in the end.

Its funny because the whole appeal of Lost was it kept people guessing and everyone expected answers and some of the fan theories and speculation about what everything was were actually better than what the writers came up with just like Mass Effect (Indoctrination theory better than Star Child's reality)

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the worst shows ever on tv, tried to be deeper than what it really was, same shyt lindeloff brought to Prometheus ..set up alot and barely delivered on any of it or things where done and never referenced again, the first season was great, up there with the first four seasons of the xfiles imo, but by season three you could see it wasnt going anywhere, dont waste your time.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
A TV show is story telling. If someone is telling you a story and they purposely keep you in the dark about important details then they get to the end of the story and give you the details they hid from you and they're fukking stupid it ruins the story to many people.

I watched Lost and very much enjoyed it but i didn't invest years into it i watched in an a few weeks of a marathon session before the final episode aired then watched that one live. If i would have invested 6 years or whatever into watching that show i would have been pissed.

Mass Effect and Lost is the perfect analogy. both sell you dreams (choice matters vs we have a plan and wrote it out)and when you go to cash them in you get a bunch of bullshyt. the fact that both fumbled in the end doesn't ruin the quality of what came before the fumble but the last memory one would be left with of either is how they blew it in the end.

Its funny because the whole appeal of Lost was it kept people guessing and everyone expected answers and some of the fan theories and speculation about what everything was were actually better than what the writers came up with just like Mass Effect (Indoctrination theory better than Star Child's reality)
I find it hilarious when people make watching TV shows some actual investment. If you weren't watching Lost you'd just be watching something else or most likely wasting that hour doing something of no real import. I can't imagine that people are putting off real responsibilities to watch TV. I "invested" six years into the show and didn't particularly like the ending. When I think of the show, the countless awesome episodes and moments are what I remember in addition to the ending. If people want to invalidate everything the show did well because of the ending that's on them:manny:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I find it hilarious when people make watching TV shows some actual investment. If you weren't watching Lost you'd just be watching something else or most likely wasting that hour doing something of no real import. I can't imagine that people are putting off real responsibilities to watch TV. I "invested" six years into the show and didn't particularly like the ending. When I think of the show, the countless awesome episodes and moments are what I remember in addition to the ending. If people want to invalidate everything the show did well because of the ending that's on them:manny:
you aren't like most people. with most people the way things end will define them in their entirety. most people are drawn to the negative if it exist over the positive.

if they get married and have a great 5 year marriage and it falls apart and ends in a bad break up most people will look back at that marriage and shyt on it instead of being grateful for those 5 solid years of marriage.

honestly the only reason I was able to enjoy Lost as much as I did was because I marathoned it. So I'm far more forgiving than a guy that waited 6 years to find out what the black smoke monster was. Part of what hurt Lost was their obsessive need to come up with dumb answers for every mystery. They even had that DVD extra "The New Man In Charge" where they tried to answer more stuff that probably didn't need answers. Lost should ended as mysterious as it started.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You'll end up just like the title when it's all said and done:ld: