Just started watching lost

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
lost is one of the GOATs to me. fukk what nikkas in this thread might say otherwise.....I suggest you ignore this thread till you finish the series, then come back and discuss it...nikkas already tried spoiling shyt for you. Lost is somethign you have to experience without knowing wtf is gonna happen next, from there you can come up with your theories on what the fukk is happening on the show...

enjoy

season 3 is one of the GOAT seasons in tv history. Everything changed after "The Constant".

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
lost is one of the GOATs to me. fukk what nikkas in this thread might say otherwise.....I suggest you ignore this thread till you finish the series, then come back and discuss it...nikkas already tried spoiling shyt for you. Lost is somethign you have to experience without knowing wtf is gonna happen next, from there you can come up with your theories on what the fukk is happening on the show...

enjoy

season 3 is one of the GOAT seasons in tv history. Everything changed after "The Constant".
it is the GOAT but that still doesn't change the fact that they were making it up as they went along and when it came down to the final season they went back and tried to invent answers for everything they made up. The final season of Lost is like Metal Gear Solid 4 in that it tries to tie together a bunch of random bullshyt that wasn't necessarily planned out or designed to fit together. Some people are able to forgive it for that and love it anyway and some people expected more.

In the end Lost gives closure but its not the kinda closure most people want. Its like if a chick you dated for 4 years breaks up with you you and wanting closure you ask why and she says "from be very beginning I never loved you and was using you till i found something better." That's closure to the relationship but you might not have wanted to hear that. some can look back at that relationship and still find value and meaning in it and others will look back on it with that new knowledge and resent it all.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

enjoy

This. Revisionist history is a bytch around here. LOST was an acclaimed show during it's run and had spectacular moments. They dropped the ball in the end so everyone wants to act like they weren't in front of their TVs every week enjoying the show week after week/season after season.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This. Revisionist history is a bytch around here. LOST was an acclaimed show during it's run and had spectacular moments. They dropped the ball in the end so everyone wants to act like they weren't in front of their TVs every week enjoying the show week after week/season after season.
Mass Effect 3 was an awesome game with an exceptional build up to one of the worse endings in gaming. bring up Mass Effect 3 now and what's the first thing people will talk about?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
revisionist history :what: nobody was satisfied towards the end of LOST. people just kept watching because LOST built up dozens of questions fans wanted to know the answer to. better yet check the ratings, each year the ratings got progressively worse from Season 1.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I thought season 5 with the time traveling shyt was the best season

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
swear to god, if i ever see lindeof or that other jew on the streets, i'm stabbing em

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Mass Effect 3 was an awesome game with an exceptional build up to one of the worse endings in gaming. bring up Mass Effect 3 now and what's the first thing people will talk about?
I don't care about Mass Effect 3 and never played any of the games. LOST was nominated for Best Drama at the Emmy's 4 out of its 6 seasons, including the last one. The series finale has a 74 rating on metacritic with some perfect scores from reputable outlets. The final episode also got writing and directing Emmy nominations. Just because some people want to completely ignore the quality of the show because of an admittedly frustrating finale doesn't make it right. A show like Heroes literally only had two good seasons and was a chore to get through the final two. LOST was compelling until the very end and dropped the ball with the finale. People didn't start complaining until there were only a couple episodes left and it was clear there was no way to answer all the unanswered questions. Cats trying to front on the impact that show had during its initial run either have horrible memories or are straight up fronting.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't care about Mass Effect 3 and never played any of the games. LOST was nominated for Best Drama at the Emmy's 4 out of its 6 seasons, including the last one. The series finale has a 74 rating on metacritic with some perfect scores from reputable outlets. The final episode also got writing and directing Emmy nominations. Just because some people want to completely ignore the quality of the show because of an admittedly frustrating finale doesn't make it right. A show like Heroes literally only had two good seasons and was a chore to get through the final two. LOST was compelling until the very end and dropped the ball with the finale. People didn't start complaining until there were only a couple episodes left and it was clear there was no way to answer all the unanswered questions. Cats trying to front on the impact that show had during its initial run either have horrible memories or are straight up fronting.
i can tell you didn't watch the show when it actually aired :todd: you just zoomed through it off netflix.

people were complaining about the direction of the show soon as the hatch shyt started. they lost a sizable chunk of their fans after that, which is why the rating for season 3 were so poor

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If a wide receiver catches the pass at their own 1 yard line and takes it to the opponents' 1 yard line and fumbles the ball and the opponent recovers what matters more the receiving yards he got on the play or the fact that he lost a fumble?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:dead:

I watched from day 1 to the very end, breh:manny: I distinctly remember the SOHH thread and a lot of nikkas were mad at the finale and started getting tired of the show towards the end. Thing is, SOHH/the coli isn't really a good representation of the consensus opinion. LOST was a pop culture phenomenon when it was on. Everybody and their mom watched it and everyone had their own theories and shyt that they loved to talk about everywhere. The finale wouldn't be so polarizing if people were only watching cause they invested time into it. People legit cared about the show during its run. Cats can't look me in the face and tell me they didn't care about the characters on that show. I remember cats legit sad over certain deaths. The flashback episodes always got rave reviews. Because people cared so much is why they react so strongly one way or the other when it's brought up. I'm not making up these reviews raving about the finale, brehs:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/05/24/lost-the-end-review

http://www.avclub.com/review/the-end-41436

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/television/reviews/2010-05-24-lostreview24_ST_N.htm

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2010/05/lost-finale.html

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
On like esp 23 of season one. Maaaan too much going on. Polar bears n robots? nikkas trying to steal this baby. Micheal big lip son looking like a bum. Micheal looking like a dad who should of stayed being a deadbeat. Jack not fukking Kate. Mr.Lock a straight goon made me forget he was in love with a sex phone chick. Fat nikka playing them jams at the end of the esp>>. Charlie useless as fukk. That Indian nikka play no games long hair don't care, beat a nikka up swag on em. That incest shyt was sus.

Season 6 is garbage, just be warned.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
If a wide receiver catches the pass at their own 1 yard line and takes it to the opponents' 1 yard line and fumbles the ball and the opponent recovers what matters more the receiving yards he got on the play or the fact that he lost a fumble?
First Mass Effect then football. These struggle analogies are tiring, breh:snoop: The 98 yards the receiver gained don't matter because the object of the game is to score points and he lost the opportunity to do that. A poor ending to a show (which I've already shown is a matter of opinion) doesn't stop someone from appreciating the rest of the show. To insist that that is the case is exhibiting a crazy lack of context and incredible short sightedness.