Just snapped my lower back doing deadlifts.

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
Sorry OP, but I :mjlol: @ the thread title.

At the moment I'm currently DL'ing 435 for 6 reps 5 sets. Every time I do one I feel like I'm going to break my back cause of the weight. But I always come out shining :ahh:

I would be able to do more if not for my grip :sadcam:

semtex

:)
Daps
The dumbest thing I ever did in regards to deadlifts was try to start deadlifting 2x my bodyweight for a set of 5 every morning when I got up. Had a close call that made me stop doing that :whew:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
The dumbest thing I ever did in regards to deadlifts was try to start deadlifting 2x my bodyweight for a set of 5 every morning when I got up. Had a close call that made me stop doing that :whew:
I'm waiting for you to invent zercher deads

Last edited:

semtex

:)
Daps
I waiting for you to invent zercher deads

I8CZKh.jpg

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I used to be scared of fukking my lower back up…but after awhile you just learn to keep that back steady.

But back in October I strained my whole left side…Calf, knee, bicep, shoulder :sadcam:
Made me look at my form, and realized I was bouncing the weight, and pulling w/ my arms (how I fukked up my bicep).

Ill never stop deadlifting though…you feel strong doing that shyt.

thekyuke

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been deadlifting for about 3 months now. Was planning on going for a new PR and got a bit overzealous so i didnt warm up. :snoop: Loaded up 350 on the bar and did 4 reps. Loaded up 405, and on the first rep, heard some crackling on the way up to lockout, and on the way down. Pain wasnt to bad but i stopped and walked 15 mins home immediately.
Been about 2 hours since and theres an acute pain in my lower back as well as discomfort. I can still walk, jump and bend over fine ignoring the pain. Planning to wait and see how i feel tomorrow morning before going to see a doctor.
Anyone ever experienced something similar?

Ouuccchhhh! But,nikka,really-HTF do you go for a DL PR without warming up. Seriously?? You won't catch me trying Zerchers anytime soon.I'm old school.
Also,stretch,mofo,S-T-R-E-T-C-H!! That should be compulsory for anyone who goes heavy.

images

"I've noticed many times as soon as dudes jump out of their street clothes,warmup and throw weights,few if any stretch. Major mistake! The thing is as you get stronger and sit down all day your stronger tighter hams pull your lower spine down causing pelvic tilt-this causes the lower back pain endemic in 30 smth year old gym rats.

Flexibility exercises,ie stretching avoids this"
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/stretch-dudes-s-t-r-e-t-c-h.266752/

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deads and Heavy Squats? We off that :camby:

What i'm training to be a power lifter? :heh: Not worth hurting my back again.