Just snapped my lower back doing deadlifts.

Ohms Law

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#Byrd Gang
Been deadlifting for about 3 months now. Was planning on going for a new PR and got a bit overzealous so i didnt warm up. :snoop: Loaded up 350 on the bar and did 4 reps. Loaded up 405, and on the first rep, heard some crackling on the way up to lockout, and on the way down. Pain wasnt to bad but i stopped and walked 15 mins home immediately.
Been about 2 hours since and theres an acute pain in my lower back as well as discomfort. I can still walk, jump and bend over fine ignoring the pain. Planning to wait and see how i feel tomorrow morning before going to see a doctor.
Anyone ever experienced something similar?

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
happens to the best of us bro. I quit deadlift. I injured myself the first time going heavy, then took like 6 months off from DL, came back and hurt myself again doing heavy weight. took another 6 off, came back doing light 135ish, and ended up hurting my back with that light weight. Decided to quit deads all together. it was one of my favorite exercises but health comes first. I still have some issues from it, so be very careful bro, it can affect you for life.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Answer has already been said. If you have time today, go see a doctor. If you have no time today, go first thing today and try to make sure you sleep with a pillow on your lower back(for comfort)

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gotta focus on your from, breh. Maybe try practicing the motion with no weight:
aD3DvpK_700b.jpg

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Been deadlifting for about 3 months now. Was planning on going for a new PR and got a bit overzealous so i didnt warm up. Loaded up 350 on the bar and did 4 reps. Loaded up 405, and on the first rep, heard some crackling on the way up to lockout, and on the way down. Pain wasnt to bad but i stopped and walked 15 mins home immediately.
Been about 2 hours since and theres an acute pain in my lower back as well as discomfort. I can still walk, jump and bend over fine ignoring the pain. Planning to wait and see how i feel tomorrow morning before going to see a doctor.
Anyone ever experienced something similar?
My back went out on me, doing some carpentry. I was drilling into a piece of wood that was on the ground. I heard a pop in my lower back. For a couple of days, my lower back lost 95% of power. I could stand but with difficulty. Then, walking was slow. Walking down steps or walking up steps was done one step at a time like an old man. I don't think you got hurt as bad as I did considering you can jump and stuff. You may have strained a muscle.

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
get that back checked out ASAP. I hope you didnt get a tingling or numbing sensation go down your leg :mjcry: