Just rewatched Tenent and I was wondering

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
He made a deal. She wanted to be out from under ol boy and she was gonna get him close enough to stop dude.

I clearly know the plot, but his indebtedness to her wasn’t fleshed out. It just come off as off random. He met this woman and offered to protect her with his life; no romance, no prior friendship. Just boom :cape:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I clearly know the plot, but his indebtedness to her wasn’t fleshed out. It just come off as off random. He met this woman and offered to protect her with his life; no romance, no prior friendship. Just boom :cape:
She was an assest. She said I'll get you in within spitting distance of him and you get me and my son out of here. JDW seemed like a man who keeps his promises. So he made good on them. He could have let her die, but it probably would have made him seem like less of the Protagonist than he was supposed to be.:yeshrug:

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
She was an assest. She said I'll get you in within spitting distance of him and you get me and my son out of here. JDW seemed like a man who keeps his promises. So he made good on them. He could have let her die, but it probably would have made him seem like less of the Protagonist than he was supposed to be.:yeshrug:

That’s the thing, the protagonist does too much to save her, even compromising the mission a few times. They needed a few scenes to explain the deeper connection between him and Kat. I know he wants to keep on his word, but he screwed the Indian lady at the end.

Folks are making wild theories but Nolan should have at least offered more connections.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Movie was mid at best. :russell:

Cut it off midway, fast forwarded to the end and deleted with the quickness.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
That’s the thing, the protagonist does too much to save her, even compromising the mission a few times. They needed a few scenes to explain the deeper connection between him and Kat. I know he wants to keep on his word, but he screwed the Indian lady at the end.

Folks are making wild theories but Nolan should have at least offered more connections.
No he was always going to kill the Indian woman to close the loops unless you mean at another time?

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a fun, cool movie. Not my favorite of Nolan's but it's a fun ride for sure. Unfortunately, Washington's acting is sub par. But I like seeing a black male lead in a major movie regardless. So it's in the collection.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Nolan is my favorite director doing it, but Tenet was just a miss. A huge miss which all directors have, and I’m glad it flopped. shyt needed about 100 more rewrites and Nolan or someone needed their ass best for that sound engineering. Even among my fellow cinephile friends none of us are ever like, “let’s watch Tenet :krs:.” Hell no.