Just picked up my first "timepiece."

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I’m in that sub-1000 tier.
I got some seikos and bulovas. I’m interested in a Tissot seastar. Not sure if I want the 1k or the 2k model. Probably the 2k
Which color combo do you want?

And I have my eye on this Longines hydroconquest
I could never get warmed up to Hydroconquest design, no matter how many times I looked at it. There's something so cold/bland about it to me.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which color combo do you want?

I could never get warmed up to Hydroconquest design, no matter how many times I looked at it. There's something so cold/bland about it to me.
For the seastar, probably the teal
T120.607.11.041.00_R_1.png

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
@nyknick which ones do you have on your list for the future?
I really cooled off ever since prices skyrocketed. This is gonna sound stupid but to me huge part of watches was getting a deal on them. We're talking about paying crazy money for what at the end of the day is just jewelry. So getting a watch way under MSRP and having ability to move it immediately, was always a big part of the experience for me.

But if I ever get back into it JLC Reverso is first on my list.
Jaeger-LeCoultre-Reverso-Tribute-Duoface-Calendar_Q3918420_001.jpg

JLC-Reverso-Tribute-Chronograph-1.jpg

Second on the list is Bulgari Octo Finissimo.
BULGARI-33-of-39.jpg

Bulgari-Octo-Finissimo-Automatic-World’s-Thinnest-Automatic-Movement-2.jpg

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really cooled off ever since prices skyrocketed. This is gonna sound stupid but to me huge part of watches was getting a deal on them. We're talking about paying crazy money for what at the end of the day is just jewelry. So getting a watch way under MSRP and having ability to move it immediately, was always a big part of the experience for me.

Jaeger-LeCoultre-Reverso-Tribute-Duoface-Calendar_Q3918420_001.jpg

JLC-Reverso-Tribute-Chronograph-1.jpg

Second on the list is Bulgari Octo Finissimo.
BULGARI-33-of-39.jpg

Bulgari-Octo-Finissimo-Automatic-World’s-Thinnest-Automatic-Movement-2.jpg
Oh I see.
Those are a bit dressy for me. I’m a casual style kind of guy. But I do like the Bulgari.

I have big wrists tho so even if I want a dress watch it’s a challenge because so many that I see are under 40MM. Make me look like I’m wearing a woman’s watch lol.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
For the seastar, probably the teal
T120.607.11.041.00_R_1.png
This guy has been selling his black/gold Seastar since January. He started off asking for $625 and is now down to $425. Only downside to the Seastar is that the thickness is 16mm, but that's expected with 600m water resistance.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This guy has been selling his black/gold Seastar since January. He started off asking for $625 and is now down to $425. Only downside to the Seastar is that the thickness is 16mm, but that's expected with 600m water resistance.

:patrice:

Is that site trustworthy?
I’m new to this watch world.

Also I’m 6’4.
For most people, in most reviews that I see, people are concerned about a watch being too big or thick. I’m more concerned with them being too small.

I’m generally good around 43-47mm. The smaller ones fit ok if the lug-to-lug is longer than normal. But some of these watches are tiny. Many years ago I got an Orient watch because of some online hipster forum. And they’re good watches. Especially for like under $200. But that shyt wasn’t even close to fitting my wrist. Maybe if I was still 12 years old.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
:patrice:

Is that site trustworthy?
I’m new to this watch world.

Also I’m 6’4.
For most people, in most reviews that I see, people are concerned about a watch being too big or thick. I’m more concerned with them being too small.

I’m generally good around 43-47mm. The smaller ones fit ok if the lug-to-lug is longer than normal. But some of these watches are tiny. Many years ago I got an Orient watch because of some online hipster forum. And they’re good watches. Especially for like under $200. But that shyt wasn’t even close to fitting my wrist. Maybe if I was still 12 years old.
Yeah these 'watch enthusiasts' lose their fukking minds in the comments if a watch is above 39mm :russ: It's almost like a parody now where no matter how small the watch is they still complain that it's not small enough.

I think the overall proportions are more important than just the diameter. I had an Omega PO which was also around 16mm and it felt off on the wrist, maybe because it was only 42mm so it felt unbalanced with the thickness. While I'll try on a 45mm and above Panerai which sits better on the wrist.

That site is just a message board so it's a seller to seller trustworthiness, Luckily I've never had any issues buying from there. All you need to do is ask the seller for his references of previous sales and additional photos of the watch (so you can see what you're really getting).

Also I believe you can have him create PayPal invoice that you can charge back if there's issues (although it's been a while since I used paypal), using invoice has some fees unlike friends/family payment which has no fees but no safety net.

It really makes no sense to pay $1025 plus tax in store for a watch you can get for $400. Mechanical watches are supposed to last a lifetime so why not buy second hand? It's not like you're buying a used 100,000 mile BMW :manny:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
i think i missed the boat on jlc too, they've done what like 5 price increases in the last 18 months? and richemont says they wanna move the brand even more upmarket. when's the last time you ever saw a luxury brand reduce msrps?
we won't even be able to ask the ad for a discount during slow markets either, since so many of the new reversos are boutique exclusives :pachaha:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Anybody looking for a everyday work watch.

Citizen is having a 25% off sale for Father's day:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Unpopular opinion:

The Rolex Submariner is the most overrated luxury watch on the market.

IMG_3731-Edit.jpg

Look. I get it. When you buy a Rolex you’re getting top level finishes and precision and quality.

I’m not saying it’s a bad watch. But this design is boring as fukk. Now to be fair to it, maybe it’s just the fact that so many other brands have stolen or copied the design, so I feel like I’ve seen this watch EVERYWHERE.

But even so, Rolex has far more interesting and beautiful watches to offer.

I mean, look at this absolute beauty

m52508-0006_modelpage_front_facing_landscape.png

Last edited: