Just picked up my first "timepiece."

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There are watches in this thread that people can afford.
I went back like 10 pages and found almost zero.
I saw a few people that purchased some lovely watches and bless them for having the means to do so. But this is more window shopping than anything.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I saw a few people that purchased some lovely watches and bless them for having the means to do so. But this is more window shopping than anything.

Here is a post from me in 2015 talking about how I only have nixon watches, now 2023 I have more expensive watches, but there are watches on here people can afford:

2myw0ef.jpg

I only have some nixon watches.

If your in a certain price range, so what.... that does not matter, everybody startes somewhere.

Just ask for watch recommendations for X price point.

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Here is a post from me in 2015 talking about how I only have nixon watches, now 2023 I have more expensive watches, but there are watches on here people can afford:

If your in a certain price range, so what that does not matter, everybody startes some where.

Just ask for watch recommendations for X price point.
That photo is no longer available.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
So this thread is just 87 pages of shyt that nobody can realistically afford.

I get it. Rolex and Pateks are beautiful.

But come on son...
Some of us have got. But it’s also a horology appreciation.

I’m waiting on a 126610 (Submariner Date) and I’m checking out of the game.

The ADs are crazy with it’s all the BS

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think those entry rollies are pretty affordable. Its only a few months worth of saving. But i just think there are better things to spend a spare 13k on as far as consumer items are concerned. Even if you prefer high fashion; i think youd get a better bang on your buck by buying thirteen $1000.00 suits than a single rollex.

Once you enter the 70k range, these items tend be worth it as investment pieces instead of consumer goods, where i think its worth it if you dont have a better asset class to park money in or if you wanna diversify your existing portfolio.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
The first big watch purchase should be something with resale value. Tudor, entry level Rolex, Speedmaster, etc. So that first 2-3K that was saved up over some paychecks gets put into a 5-7K watch. Then 10k. Etc.

If you out there buying Seiko divers and everything cheap and shiny, you won't ever get something proper.

capblk

Rookie
Daps
Thoughts on Frederique Constant HIGHLIFE AUTOMATIC COSC?

Looking to add a watch or two so that I'm not wearing my Apple Watch 100% of the time.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I think those entry rollies are pretty affordable. Its only a few months worth of saving. But i just think there are better things to spend a spare 13k on as far as consumer items are concerned. Even if you prefer high fashion; i think youd get a better bang on your buck by buying thirteen $1000.00 suits than a single rollex.

Once you enter the 70k range, these items tend be worth it as investment pieces instead of consumer goods, where i think its worth it if you dont have a better asset class to park money in or if you wanna diversify your existing portfolio.

You shouldn’t/wouldn’t buy a Rolex for that price for high horology. JLC or Grand Seiko will knock Rolex out of the park for that cost.

If you are a fan of watches then you will spend $13k on a watch. Rolex barely make watches outside of the £15k bracket. Even AP/PP make watches in that price point-ish, Vacheron too. A Lange & Sohne are ones that are household names that get into the £70k range.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
the poors are getting unruly, post your casios :troll:
psychedelic.jpg
+/- 15 seconds a month
perpetual calendar
multiple time zones
alarm
light
stopwatch
countdown timer
shock resistant
200m water resistance

it really punches above it's weight :troll:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I've only ever purchased watches in person. I'm seeing shyt I LOVE online. Stores inventory sucks. I've never felt comfortable ordering jewelry on-line. what do yall do :lupe:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I've only ever purchased watches in person. I'm seeing shyt I LOVE online. Stores inventory sucks. I've never felt comfortable ordering jewelry on-line. what do yall do :lupe:

If you're gonna spend 5k+, get on an airplane and go to a major city. Los Angeles, NYC, London, etc. Maybe even Miami or Vegas these days.

I wanted a Tudor Black Bay, until I saw it in person.

I'll keep the money.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
If you're gonna spend 5k+, get on an airplane and go to a major city. Los Angeles, NYC, London, etc. Maybe even Miami or Vegas these days.

I wanted a Tudor Black Bay, until I saw it in person.

I'll keep the money.

I hear you Its just annoying how you see so much fly shyt online and the stores just lack inventory. Even the brand stores that are exclusive :snoop: