Just picked up my first "timepiece."

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
thinking you are above somebody because of the tangible goods you have is a recipe for self destruction, friend. i would suggest investing in a healthier mindset
it aint the tangible goods that makes me better than you homey. it's my overall attitude, demeanor and way of thinking.... oh and my wealth is the proof of that.

dont be mad ups is hiring.

LordTaskForce

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
it aint the tangible goods that makes me better than you homey. it's my overall attitude, demeanor and way of thinking.... oh and my wealth is the proof of that.

dont be mad ups is hiring.

you have so much to learn in life :mjlol:

also your taste in watches is shallow to say the least. how trite is it to buy a rolex these days?

back to the topic however, watches like everything else in this world have to propensity to diminish in value. if you all are looking to buy watches for investment, there is nothing wrong with that. but last time i checked most new watches, regardless of brand, will diminish in value the day you take it home with you. So whatever kind of watch you get make sure you buy it for YOURSELF, not the approval of others. :yeshrug:

Disgustya Stallone

Daps
you have so much to learn in life :mjlol:

also your taste in watches is shallow to say the least. how trite is it to buy a rolex these days?

back to the topic however, watches like everything else in this world have to propensity to diminish in value. if you all are looking to buy watches for investment, there is nothing wrong with that. but last time i checked most new watches, regardless of brand, will diminish in value the day you take it home with you. So whatever kind of watch you get make sure you buy it for YOURSELF, not the approval of others. :yeshrug:
see that's where you're wrong again. you should buy it with the thought of at least retaining 70-80% of it's value and maybe more if you buy the right one.

and you're right.. buying modern rolexes is pretty dumb... anyone with a wad of cash can roll into an authorized dealer and walk out the door with one... but it does take a special research, eye and moxie to buy vintage.

so again you lose you dumb f*ck

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Can't forget about watch straps!
Just picked up a Steinhart Rubber Deployment Clasp that matches my Bell & Ross pwerfectly!
I5cZpvus.jpg

ZCB0MLTs.jpg

Last edited:

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Yo where you order your straps from? I got a piece or two that I would like to change up...

I buy used or slightly used from watchuseek and watchrecon. Just be sure to research the seller thoroughly. If transaction goes well, keep track of seller for potential future purchases.

deeznuts

gentleman and a baller
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
time
now that's a watch... love the 14060.... i had that a while back... congrats to you n*gga

thnx breh, shyt is a classic.. personally i cant rock these huge new pieces with the crazy designs, I aint knocking it, just not for me.. The only beef i have with this one is the bracelet, which u know is not all there with the hollow links n shyt. I been checking out the 114060, but theres just something with the 4 lines COSC bullshyt that clutters the face for me, i like mines clean

Disgustya Stallone

Daps
thnx breh, shyt is a classic.. personally i cant rock these huge new pieces with the crazy designs, I aint knocking it, just not for me.. The only beef i have with this one is the bracelet, which u know is not all there with the hollow links n shyt. I been checking out the 114060, but theres just something with the 4 lines COSC bullshyt that clutters the face for me, i like mines clean
yep... Rolex's are surprisingly light on the wrist compared to other brands. I have a 70's Daytona and it feels like almost nothing on my wrist aka no wrist presence...

that 14060 is the new version of the original james bond sub from the 50's/60's. you should definitely hang on to it... add a new one to the collection bro

deeznuts

gentleman and a baller
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
time
yep... Rolex's are surprisingly light on the wrist compared to other brands. I have a 70's Daytona and it feels like almost nothing on my wrist aka no wrist presence...

that 14060 is the new version of the original james bond sub from the 50's/60's. you should definitely hang on to it... add a new one to the collection bro

oh this one aint going nowhere breh, if my unborn son aint want it when he 18 (or if he turn out to be a piece of shyt), im taking it to the grave..

yeah u right about the weight, but i think u adjust after a while. I had a 80´s all gold day-date a couple years back that had some weight on it.. i got rid of it but im thinking maybe to re-cop and put it on a leather strap.. either that or an IWC Portofino with the gator strap :ohlawd:

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
@joeychizzle I have about 6-7 watches but this has slowly become my daily watch, SevenFriday P3-1. It's classy but not crazy to the point where you cant wear it with some shorts/tshirt. I get asked about it a lot. I am happy with the purchase

v1OhS31.png
How's the build quality on these watches? I was browsing their website, and they've got some pretty neat designs :ehh: