Just got some info from a Sloan Kettering NYC doctor that J&J is the preferred vaccination they use

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
From a conversation I literally just had, I learned that many people who decide to get vaccination that are healthcare professionals get the Johnson and Johnson shot. This is contrary to the belief that Pfizer and Moderna have the better quality shot. I just had a very long conversation with an acquaintance/friend who informed me that almost all the doctors and nurses who choose to get vaccinated choose the Johnson and Johnson shot. I understand at this point nobody would believe that, but I'm just telling you about what was discussed casually between myself and a friend. It definitely shocked me. I am not vaccinated, but am not against those that choose to or choose not to do it. Mind you, Sloan Kettering is one of the top hospitals in the country. Not only did he let me know that this was the case at his hospital, but the sentiment was shared across many other healthcare professionals he knew across a very wide range. I'm not telling you what to make of it, this is just what I'm reporting back because it was with an actual doctor of a very reputable and successful hospital.

Again, I was surprised at the information so that's why I'm sharing it with everyone else. It doesn't matter me if you are vaxxed or not, or what brand you have because it doesn't make a difference to me at this point in time.

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That really is a surprise.

For anyone that doesn't believe, if you happen to know and trust a healthcare professional personally, just ask what shot they have or would recommend. If you get to ask enough people, you will be surprised how many of them tell you J&J. I tend to stay away from all the talk about the vaccination brands, but you definitely hear an air of superiority when discussing the other 2 in terms of people's perception. This is just what I get wind of when it comes up in conversation with regular people. I've also spoken to my friend a few times over the course of the pandemic regarding COVID and the vaccination. I knew their stance on many things, but his personal choice of which vaccine he chose never came up in conversation before. I always assumed because he was a doctor he must've taken Pfizer or Moderna based off what I heard about J&J being the worst option.

To hear the total opposite of that made my jaw drop to the floor...and he was real casual and matter of fact about it. Almost if it was weird that I didn't know that it wasn't the preferred choice amongst healthcare professionals. It just goes to show you that you cannot believe everything you hear or to think just because everyone says something is true. There were other things regarding the vaccines we discussed but I don't want to get the thread shut down. This information is good enough so your eyes can be opened that everything with this stuff is not what it seems.

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lol my wife’s transplant doctor is at SKM too and he told her that she was best off getting the Moderno so there is no one vaccine that is universally agreed upon, even for drs at the same hospital

yes, that's what she told your wife as a patient. I'm telling you what they personally choose to take themselves in mass. we touched on that as well. what they take vs what they recommend to patients and why. again, i don't want to get off topic. this is just my experience.

unless he also told you that's what he got personally and also recommended that to your wife?

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Knowing a lot doctors and nurses and having one in my house. Those that took the shot seemed to have went Pfizer. Likely because that was what was available when they started distributing shot to essential staff

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
No reasons stated for why the j&j is better. Neg pending.

The point of the thread wasn't for me to tell you why it's better, because that would open up another can of worms. I don't even have the vaccine, so I'm not really qualified to report on that. I'm just telling you what a friend told me. That person is a great doctor and a stand up guy. That's the only evidence I have of anything. I'm not even prepared to give any second hand arguments on rebuttals on why it's better even if I knew. I'm just not qualified to speak on that and agree or disagree.

How you gonna neg me for something the thread isn't even about?

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Actually he did tell my why they preferred it....but not why it was "better". It's not about it being better, it's about the fact that Pfizer and Moderna changes the mrna while Johnson and Johnson does not.

It uses a different method that is less invasive of the system (according to him). I do not want to make the thread about the methods because then it runs the risk of getting the thread shut down. The bottom line is the Pfizer and Moderna directly manipulates the dna/mrna and Johnson and Johnson does not.