Just got into wrestling at the age of 30… I got some questions.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If you're after the graps Get the ROH Honor Club

If it's got all that old school shyt from like 2002-2012

:myman::myman::myman:

ROH was what got me back into wrestling post Invasion and me being in College.

Exactly this.

Before aew. The best all time wrasslin in quality show was:

Rohtv in directv

Before the wwe raid of the mainevent roh scene.

Art Barr

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
nah but for real tho

Eddie Guerrero
Kurt Angle
Shawn Michaels
Bret Hart
Rey Mysterio
New Jack :demonic:
Now let’s add some guys from the past 10-15 years

Bryan Danielson
CM Punk
Pentagon Jr/Penta El Mierdo
Rey Fenix
Kenny Omega
Kazuchika Okada
And the four horsewomen of NXT and for good measure watch some Toni Storm too.

Also would recommend watching matches from companies that folded like Lucha Underground, NXT UK and Wrestling Society X. If you want to catch a wide net as a new person to wrestling, it’s best to try a little bit of everything.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Hold up, grown men just getting into wrestling? :mjtf:
There’s this guy that popped up on my recommended stuff on YouTube that looks like he’s in his 30s and started watching within the last year. He primarily watches WWE but recently started watching AEW.

It didn’t take him long to be introduced to the vileness of the stan wars :pachaha:

What I have watched is interesting because it’s a new guy who has a genuinely open and curious mind for the sport that hasn’t been brainwashed by years of watching Vince McMahon monopoly bullshyt

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
If you're after the graps Get the ROH Honor Club

If it's got all that old school shyt from like 2002-2012

:myman::myman::myman:

ROH was what got me back into wrestling post Invasion and me being in College.
:salute:

Early ROH was special. Same thing that got my back into wrestling after like a decade away. Of course, I was watching stuff that was like 7-8 years old when I started watching the DVDs.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
3) What’s the best match for an outsider to walk into? The goat wrestling matches? I don’t know shyt about characters and lore.
For guys who are still active so it can potentially create some excitement for what you're currently watching...
  • Okada vs. Omega series of matches in New Japan - they had three singles bouts in 2017 and then it culminated with a best two out of three falls match in 2018 at NJPW Dominion 6.9. Widely regarded as arguably the highest quality work rate feud in wrestling history.
    [*]Any Hangman vs. Swerve match
    [*]Danielson vs. Ospreay from this year at AEW Dynasty is one of the greatest matches ever
    [*]Kenny Omega vs. Will Ospreay from Wrestle Kingdom 2023 and at Forbidden Door 2023 were tremendous matches
    [*]Michael Oku vs. Will Ospreay at RevPro High Stakes 2024 - people are under the belief that Oku is coming to AEW eventually
    [*]Okada vs. Ospreay - just pick any singles match between them two will work
    [*]Bryan Danielson vs. MJF at AEW Revolution 2023 in an Iron Man match
    [*]Takeshyta vs. Will Ospreay at AEW Revolution 2024
    [*]Both Danielson vs. Zack Sabre matches - first at AEW WrestleDream 2023 and second at NJPW The New Beginning in 2024
    [*]Swerve vs. Ospreay at Forbidden Door 2024
    [*]PAC vs. Ospreay at All Out 2024
    [*]Danielson vs. Swerve at All In 2024
    [*]Katsuyori Shibata vs. Okada at NJPW Sakura Genesis 2017
    [*]Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Okada feud - the feud that brought NJPW off life support
    [*]Kenta Kobashi vs. Samoa Joe - at ROH Joe vs. Kobashi 10/1/2005
    [*]AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Samoa Joe probably best TNA match ever, took place at TNA Unbreakable 2005
    [*]Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness - just pick any match they had in ROH
    [*]Kenny Omega vs. Kota Ibushi - just pick any match between them at DDT and New Japan
    [*]Dante Fox (AR Fox) vs. Killshot (Swerve Strickland) Hell of War match in Lucha Underground
    [*]Hangman Page vs. Danielson at AEW Dynamite Winter is Coming 2021
    [*]Esfinge vs. Euforia vs. Hechicero vs. Valiente in a Mask vs. Mask FOur Way match at CMLL 91 Aniversario
    [*]El Hijo del Vikingo vs. Kenny Omega at AEW Dynamite #181
    [*]Kaito Kiyomia vs. Okada at NOAH Keiji Muto Grand Final Pro-Wrestling Last Love Hold Out
    [*]Orange Cassidy vs. Will Ospreay Forbidden Door 2022
    [*]Shingo Takagi's 2021 catalog in New Japan
    [*]Bandido vs. Vikingo vs. Rey Fenix vs. Laredo Kid vs. Taurus (Beast Mortos) at AAA TripleMania XXX Tijuana
Some tag matches to check out...
  • Hangman Page and Omega vs. The Young Bucks at AEW Revolution 2020
    [*]Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros in a steel cage at All Out 2021
    [*]FTR vs. The Briscoes trio of matches in Ring of Honor
    [*]Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros at All Out 2019
    [*]FTR vs. Jay White and Juice Robinson 2 out of 3 falls at AEW Collision 5/17/23
    [*]Darby Allin and Sting vs. The Young Bucks in Sting's retirement match at AEW Revolution 2024
    [*]The Elite (Omega and the Young Bucks) vs. Death Triangle (Lucha Bros and PAC) at AEW Full Gear 2022
And even some modern WWE stuff...
  • Literally any Ilja Dragunov vs. WALTER/Gunther match - though the best work between those two was in NXT. Those are probably the two WWE wrestlers best fitted for AEW
    [*]Tyler Bate vs. WALTER - NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff 2019
    [*]The Revival (now known as FTR) vs. DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa) at NXT TakeOver: Toronto 2016
    [*]Drew McIntyre vs. Gunther vs. Sheamus at WrestleMania 39 Night 2 and any match featuring any combination of these wrestlers
    [*]The Usos vs. KEvin Owens and Sami Zayn at WrestleMaina 39 Night 1
    [*]Carmelo Hayes vs. Dragunov - they had a great series of NXT matches in 2023
    [*]Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley WresltMania 39 Night 1
And some modern women's matches...
  • Syuri vs. Utami Hayashishyta - jsut watch any of their matches togehter in Stardom
    [*]Mayu Iwatani vs. Sareee at Stardom All-Star Grand Queendom 2024
    [*]Mayu Iwatani vs. Syuri at Stardom Ittenyon Stardom Gate 2024
    [*]Iyo Sky vs. Utami Hayashishyta at Marigold Summer Destiny
    [*]Kris Statlander vs. Willow street fight at AEW ALl Out 2024
    [*]Giulia vs. Tam Nakano - any of their singles matches together, the defining feud of Stardom
    [*]Athena vs. Willow Nightingale at ROH Death Before Dishonor 2023
    [*]Athena vs. Billie Starkz at ROH Final Battle 2023
    [*]Miyu Yamashyta vs. Mizuki TJPW Wrestle Princess 4 2023
    [*]Suzu Suzuki vs. Syuri at Stardon 5Star Grand Prix 2023 Night 1
    [*]AZM vs. Starlight Kid - any singles match between them two
    [*]Giulia vs. Syrui at Stardom Dream Queendom 2022
    [*]Hikaru Shida vs. Jamie Hayter at AEW Dynamite #168 HOliday Bash
    [*]Giulia vs. Mayu Iwatani Stardom Nagoya Supreme Fight 2022
    [*]Momo Watanabe vs. Syuri at Stardom 5Star Grand Prix 2021 Night 17